Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92874 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2012, 05:51:25 am »

I have an idea, that whenever you have someone out doing something, they could have a chance to find an injured person and call 911 to help them, and that will make people like the LCS more, or if they have a high First Aid skill, they could help them themselves, and that would make the people like the LCS more then if they just called 911.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2012, 01:41:51 pm »

Bug report time:
*Every time you ask people to back off because you will hurt the hostage, you will be charged with kidnapping (that's one person, during one raid). Setting aside the fact that you haven't kidnapped them yet, there should at most be 1 charge per person kidnapped.
*You can apparently spray-paint in (or possibly only before) combat as a free action.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:44:54 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2012, 05:16:24 pm »

*Every time you ask people to back off because you will hurt the hostage, you will be charged with kidnapping (that's one person, during one raid). Setting aside the fact that you haven't kidnapped them yet, there should at most be 1 charge per person kidnapped.

I think this is a limitation of the crime system. Think about it: if you were only charged with kidnapping once per person, you could use the same hostage to bluff your way out of every encounter with no crime penalty.

Perhaps it should count as another type of crime other than kidnapping, but I couldn't think of a better one. Armed assault? Not really. Threatening? Too vague, and not a crime, currently. Having it count as extra counts of kidnapping doesn't really make sense, but it fits the gameplay mechanics well.

EDIT:

*You can apparently spray-paint in (or possibly only before) combat as a free action.

Fixed in next revision. Spraying graffiti is now similar to waiting. Which I guess doesn't make sense if there's only one person with spraypaint, but it makes more sense than before.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:20:40 pm by dreadmullet »

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2012, 08:56:44 pm »

When grabbing the source code from sourceforge, the compiled result states this on the title screen:
V4.04.0 Maintained by the Open Source Community
sourceforge.net/projects/lcsgame

While the windows "Full Download LCS 4.06.3 for Windows" in the opening post of this topic states:
v4.06.3 Maintained by the Open Source Commnity
sourceforge.net/projects/lcsgame

Running svn update giving me updated files leads me to believe that the code obtained from sourceforge is not updated, as I was able to update to revision 601. What it means, then, is that the package_version variable was not updated (and it indeed was not), which misled me, at first, into thinking that i had genuinely downloaded version 4.04 off of sourceforge. That prompted me to get the precompiled windows version linked in the opening post and spending my time playing LCS in Wine. When I saw that the svn update command did do stuff, I realized that I did in fact have (more or less) the same content present in "Full Download LCS 4.06.3".

Since I figured this out on my own (I had started typing up this post prior to running svn update), this post is more or less redundant. So I'll go ahead and tack on the following three sentences to warrant this post.
Is this assumption correct? If so, I request the version number be updated. It really threw me off for a few days  :)
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2012, 09:29:38 pm »

My compiled version is correct, and says "v4.06.3".

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:52 pm »

The code you compiled was obtained from here: https://lcsgame.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lcsgame/trunk
Correct?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2012, 09:49:55 pm »

Yes.

There must be something wacky going on with your SVN application.

Code: (https://lcsgame.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lcsgame/trunk/src/includes.h) [Select]
#ifndef PACKAGE_VERSION
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.06.3"
#endif

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2012, 10:01:58 pm »

My compiled version is correct, and says "v4.06.3".

Were you compiling on Linux? It seems plausible that the make process for Linux compilation is setting PACKAGE_VERSION separately. I don't compile for Linux myself, so I'm often pretty hit-or-miss about getting everything for cross-platform compatibility updated correctly.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2012, 10:03:49 pm »

Apparently there is. I've already done a check out 3 times...

It turns out that my includes.h file is ok.
Code: [Select]
#ifndef PACKAGE_VERSION
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.06.3"
#endif

const int version=40603;
const int lowestloadversion=40603;
const int lowestloadscoreversion=31203;

But the game is still telling me version "4.04". Odd. Where's it pulling 4.04 from? Time for grep.
Aha.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I see the makefile specifies version 4.04.0, which is the text displayed when I run the game. PACKAGE_VERSION is already defined in includes.h. The define in the makefile is redundant, and outdated.
Some of those other matches might also be problems, I don't know. They might all be the spawn of the makefile.

Edit: Yes, I'm compiling in Linux, Jonathan. As my above analysis indicates, your hypothesis is exactly the case.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2012, 08:07:29 pm »

These are probably not bugs, but why is there an armory in the the Nuclear Plant? And also why are released hostages in combat with me (they're not even armed- by definition dangerous people can't be hostages.)

This definitely is though: You can have sieges on empty safe-houses (f.e.: if the last person is killed by an air raid) these safehouses may then be stormed by  police, which still allows you to 'W'ait, and if you chose to 'E'ngage (you can) it will crash the game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:31:35 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2012, 10:34:34 am »

I think this is a limitation of the crime system. Think about it: if you were only charged with kidnapping once per person, you could use the same hostage to bluff your way out of every encounter with no crime penalty.

Perhaps it should count as another type of crime other than kidnapping, but I couldn't think of a better one. Armed assault? Not really. Threatening? Too vague, and not a crime, currently. Having it count as extra counts of kidnapping doesn't really make sense, but it fits the gameplay mechanics well.

Well, constantly bluffing one's way out using a hostage is still quite dangerous, as it makes mercenaries appear at the location quicker -- and they don't care about the hostage (as well as being armed a lot better).

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2012, 12:21:54 pm »

The value of PACKAGE_VERSION is defined in configure.ac for Linux. I have updated it.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2012, 10:45:46 pm »

Suggestion: An event log of some sort. I hate accidentally skipping through messages or forgetting something important and having no way to find out what it was.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2012, 11:40:00 pm »

Suggestion: An event log of some sort. I hate accidentally skipping through messages or forgetting something important and having no way to find out what it was.

This has been suggested in a few places and I agree that it would be quite useful. However, going through the entire code to change it so that some messages are sent to the event log would be a tremendous task. There is simply so much text to add, it would take forever.

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2012, 12:49:03 am »

Nice to see this is still being worked on.

I'm playing my first game in a long time at the moment, and I've noticed one of my guys has a charge for drug dealing despite the fact I've had them do nothing but solicit donations. He's one of my initial six 'proxy' recruits who I use to admin individual cells so that I'm effectively firewalled should any subordinate members be arrested. As such I explicitly will not involve him in criminal activity until he needs juice to recruit, so I was just wondering if this was a bug, a bullshit charge concocted by conservative hackers, a pre-existing warrant (I can't in all honesty say that I checked he was clean when I recruited him) or maybe gang members do things in their spare time, i.e. he was selling some weed on the side. <timbre=conservative> He is a hippy after all. </timbre>

Oh yeah and while I'm being conservative can I just put the idea out there that the sole method of recruiting, manually walking about looking for people, is a real chore and adds nothing to the game. I think it's fine to have talk/recruit as an option for when you're out and about performing the tactical part of the game, but there should also be a recruitment task that brings in x amount of random potentials based on all the existing variables. That is, I'm not asking for my team to have an easier time, I still think recruitment should bear all the inherent risks involved for wanted criminals to be out and about interfacing with people etc., but it would make the player's experience a lot more enjoyable.

No-one likes dancing around at a juice bar day after day after day looking for impressionable teenagers~
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:05:19 am by Redd »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36