Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92947 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2012, 07:37:37 pm »

Holy shit we can finally release hostages.
Awesome. Kidnapping radio personalities is finally useful.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2012, 07:41:41 pm »

I am so happy right now.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:32 pm »

What about the interrogation changes from 4.05? Are you too pissed off after the data loss to try that again in the near future, or is that still on the table?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2012, 10:42:20 pm »

Thanks much for coming back to the game in a way and starting to pump out new updates again!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2012, 12:30:47 am »

What about the interrogation changes from 4.05? Are you too pissed off after the data loss to try that again in the near future, or is that still on the table?

I might work on it next time, but I need to focus on my for-profit project again for the immediate future. I'll have to assess things a bit later.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2012, 12:42:40 am »

The work you're doing for profit; will it be released to the public when it's done? Will we be able to play it?

EDIT: I'm assuming you're talking about the "space game" you mentioned earlier in the thread. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:44:25 am by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2012, 01:49:59 am »

The work you're doing for profit; will it be released to the public when it's done? Will we be able to play it?

EDIT: I'm assuming you're talking about the "space game" you mentioned earlier in the thread. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes! You will be able to play it free in your browser on most major Flash game portals.

Edit: I should note it's nothing like LCS -- it's an action shmup (top-scrolling shooter), not an RPG or Strategy game. All boss fights, with some unique mechanics.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:54:58 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2012, 05:23:11 am »

thanks jonathon, restarting my computer did the trick

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:21 am »

Hi. My first post in this board, but I've been playing LCS on and off for a while now. I just wanted to give thanks to Jonathan S. Fox for maintaining this absurd game. Anti-aircraft guns? That's insane, hahaha. Keep up the great work!

Also, I've been thinking about, as one of my side-side-side projects, adding some features to the game. I found this LCS Crazy Ideas List and some of the ideas in there seem pretty doable. If I were to make an update to the game, and the code were decent (consistent, stable, etc), would you add it to the release?. That would be awesome.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 01:01:30 pm »

It is possible (with 18 stealth and a black catsuit) to smash the guarded door at the power plant without alerting the guards. This seems a bit counter-intuitive, considering you can't just pick the lock.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2012, 01:42:14 pm »

Its possible with 1 Stealth and any clothes, the problem isn't getting in, the problem is getting out alive.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »

It is possible (with 18 stealth and a black catsuit) to smash the guarded door at the power plant without alerting the guards. This seems a bit counter-intuitive, considering you can't just pick the lock.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2012, 06:38:30 pm »

Body Armour works too.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:08 am »

Also, I've been thinking about, as one of my side-side-side projects, adding some features to the game. I found this LCS Crazy Ideas List and some of the ideas in there seem pretty doable. If I were to make an update to the game, and the code were decent (consistent, stable, etc), would you add it to the release?. That would be awesome.

So I've been playing LCS again, but this time I've been running it using the debugger in Visual Studio. Within hours of playing, I found a bug. And I fixed it! When a liberal is cornered by an angry mob after causing trouble, and they scare the mob off using their weapon, one of the lines of text would overwrite the previous text without clearing the line first.

It is but a lowly text display error, but someday, I hope to find glory by fixing a crash or adding an awesome new feature.

Jonathan S. Fox, could I request commit access? My SourceForge username is just "dreadmullet". I think I could find my way around SVN from there.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2012, 11:20:54 am »

Its possible with 1 Stealth and any clothes, the problem isn't getting in, the problem is getting out alive.

Not the point. There are these guys, and they're guarding a door, and your liberal walks up to that door and KICKS IT SO HARD IT BREAKS. And the guys do nothing. They'll eventually notice the building "door has been kicked down" suspicion, but they don't give a shit about seeing the door kicked down before their very eyes. And if they really are there just to observe any would-be burglars, why can't I pick the lock? :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36