Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568975 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3705 on: October 26, 2017, 05:19:37 am »

I dreamt I was imprisoned, though the prison was laxly guarded, being held in check by its formidable structure. There was however one glaring weakness, that of a small window 4 stories above the ground in the gymnasium, whose little portal was left uncovered to let in the most light. To climb up would require a decent deal of pull-ups, but nothing that wasn't feasible, least not of all by dream logic. It doesn't take long for me to reach the top and as I'm soon to take the window and free myself, I look back to see a particularly gravitationally encumbered person attempting the climb. The bars I had used to climb were breaking and falling off the wall under their weight, and they were going to plummet to their injury in short order. I thus had to choose, to leave now or to return to aid them, and so I returned to aid them - lamenting as we both fell, the bars being ripped from the wall thus rendering any second climb now impossible. Yet I did make a new friend, so all was not lost.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: October 26, 2017, 07:48:20 am »

I dreamed my apartment got filled with drunk jeering college students before I even moved my belongings out. A family member "helped" by rear ending their car and shoving it around, nearly hitting me as I tried to hike my belongings down the 200 mile road.

I also went to a goth dance club, got day drunk, and bought some CDs which I threw at the teens. I have no idea why, but that seemed like a great revenge plan.

The absurdity triggered very lucid dreaming. I met young Morgan Freeman in some weird reversal of Bruce Almighty. I proved he was in my dream, but consoled him with his real world success.

I also had another nice conversation with a family member I can't speak to IRL, though being lucid caused that to devolve into an argument.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: October 31, 2017, 12:40:17 am »

Dreamt of boarding an alien craft hovering over the earth via hot air balloon. They literally didnt see us coming. This was during a hostile alien invasion, so we came to fight. Somehow this morphed into raising giant undead ents from dead redwood trees and fighting along a mountainside. It didnt make much sense.

I had another dream today, but i cant remember anything useful. There were adorable little midget things involved or something like that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: October 31, 2017, 05:48:23 pm »

Dreamt of boarding an alien craft hovering over the earth via hot air balloon. They literally didnt see us coming.
There's a book series in which two blokes did exactly what you did in your dream. Breakers, I think it was called.

Spoiler: Genuine Spoilers (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: November 01, 2017, 03:28:36 am »

So, part of the dream involved a neat little device that was an '80s-tech-ish mechanically-enhanced controller for the computer. Made of plastic, with a dial on the side that rotated an element on the top to mesh, or not mesh, with the volume potentiometer, according to setting. Settings included "Konami controller" which had a four-way joystick (i.e. non-proportional microswitch-clicky thing) that linked to four inset buttons, but at different rotations it engaged differently.  Classic '80s "components are expensive, moulded plastic is cheap, let's work out a complex interlocking mechanism to repurpose human input in several  differently distinct ways, at least until a plastic tab breaks off, or jams the plastic gearing, then its time to break out the araldite".

Noting that this one did work, and did not break in use. Also that it was probably only in a(n apparent) minute or so of a much longer dream, but it impressed me so much. And most of the rest of the memorable parts of the dream clearly reflected RL things from yesterday, not yesteryear.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: November 03, 2017, 10:55:10 pm »

Last night i dreamt i was working in a tiny department store in a tiny town by a river. There was a guy there whose religion had a coming of age ritual that demanded he commit some sort of crime (within the religion, not legally apparently). It was then tradition that he should run off into the wilderness and hide for a week or something. So apparently he did that and i stumbled upon one of the food caches he had prepared, which consisted entirely of jars of cookies. So i stole a few of them.

The dream went on for a while and i was fucking around with this magic thing that let me create tiny storm clouds and send them to other locations. So i put some down by the river and made them to snow on the mountain tops year round.

Then for some reason i was forced to flee into the wilderness to hide. So winter came around and i was still hiding out there and i had to find some food. I came down out of the mountain and i was spotted by some kids in a van parked in the snow. They didnt try to follow me but i knew i had to leave. So i took some crazy path up the valleys and shit to throw off anyone trying to follow me. Eventually things started thawing out and i stumbled upon some gated community with fancy houses in the hills. I again came upon a family playing basketball in a court by an intersection and had to hide before anyone saw me. The roads pretty much crossed all throughout the hilltops in this area so it was really hard to navigate withour getting caught. Apparently someone did spot me because they called the cops, who were searching for me. So i was hiding in one of the few accessible forested areas with just some footpaths, and i laid down some simple booby traps to slow down pursuers.

I eventually came to a housinf pad that hadnt been developed yet and camped there a little while, i think in an rv that was already there for contractors. So when the cops showed up i convinced them i was watching the place for the owner and i hadnt seen anything suspicious or whatever. Then i left the area altogether. I crossed another mountain and valley and came to a little floodplain for a creek where a farm was. To get across the flood plain i had to crawl along the side of the creek and this farmers irrigation canal. On the other side i found a hunters lodge where one other guy was already staying, and he let me stay there. Thats all i can remember.

There was another dream where i was playing a game with someone else. We were fighting around this big mansion thing, and while they were this big monster thing that could eat me all i could do was put up walls that slowed them down a while and run. So i put up walls around all the doors and windows while they were inside and climbed on the roof. The timer ran out or whatever and the gamemode switched back to sandbox. So we started hunting all the crazy bears in the game. There was a bear that lived exclusively on these stupidly steep mountains, one that had bat wings and a long ass tail like a dragon and flew around, and one the size of an elephant that lived on the plains. And we had to catch each of these. There were also smugglers living in caves that we attacked for fun or whatever.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: November 05, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

This one's from earlier this week (Wednesday night, I think).

Was in a facility that was kind of a mix between a cliche survival horror setpiece and a cliche science lab - tubes, automatic doors (that I think had lights on top) and even an AI intercom - decorated with streaks of blood and the occasional mutilated body. I didn't actually hear a whole lot of sound aside from dialogue, and I was seeing everything from a top-down perspective like it was Space Station 13.

I walked into a chamber with Nitori Kawashiro trapped inside (she appeared to be unconscious). When I approached the chamber began to fill up with water, and I shouted for someone to stop, but suddenly someone walked up to me and told me not to worry. The AI reported Nitori's death, and the corpse got swept away (it was in surprisingly bad condition, including a missing left leg).

I turned to the person who had told me not to worry, and they told me that they trained people in the use of spiders as companions. He commented on the fact that a common mistake was trying to manage too many spiders at once, noting that most of the time those people got eaten.

As if on cue, giant spiders (that looked like Garden or Orb Weaver spiders with red markings) began to rush into the room, alongside giant larvae that transformed into more spiders very quickly. I pulled an assault rifle out and started shooting the spiders. They died quite easil, and though I remember a few of them getting right next to me I didn't get wounded at all. As I was shooting I ran into another room, and the spiders didn't follow. It looked a lot like a classroom, with sets of about four desks pushed together to make tables of sorts. Most of the other classmates had their heads down, but one of them (I recognized them as a classmate, her name's Caelin) had her head up. I walked over to her and after a short conversation I don't remember, she gave me a "treasury of nursery" or something, which had something to do with restoring spent money.

I walked back into the spider room and eventually cleared the spiders out, leaving behind a large amount of messy spider corpses.

I woke up as I was about to walk up to the spider trainer and ask him a few questions (like, "How do I stop the spiders from trying to kill me?").

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3712 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:54 pm »

I was shopping at my local supermarket when at the cashier, I apologized and asked if it would be ok to run back and grab some cheese - the cashier said it would be fine. Along the way I am rather stunned to encounter two comedians, whom I mis-attribute to the wrong comedy show, which they take for a laugh, and before long I'm sidetracked into finding some ham and other stuff in addition to cheese. All the while I'm exploring the supermarket the layout changes, becoming different to what I remember... I turn round one aisle to find the orientation changes, I walk down one aisle to find whole new sections displaying unknown wares like a cross between a library, labyrinth and supermarket. Eventually I exhaust the apparent limits of the supermarket, because as I keep trying to find new aisles, I keep encountering areas where there the aisle leads to darker areas, dimly lit, and walking further - I see they lead to pitch blackness. I am not alarmed by this in my dreams, considering it to be perfectly normal, and continue exploring again and again seeing where every avenue ends in darkness. That is until I take my groceries to the cashier and complete my transaction, and wake up. When I awake, I find the cheese I had presumed lost, was in fact simply moved to a different area of the fridge by my sister.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: November 07, 2017, 07:12:11 pm »

It was a premonition that told you that the cheese was not lost, but was misplaced.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: November 08, 2017, 12:18:31 am »

It was a premonition that told you that the cheese was not lost, but was misplaced.

I read that book too. Inspiring stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: November 08, 2017, 11:49:39 am »

Was dreaming about making some sick ass burritos for dinner right before the dogs lost their.goddamn minds and woke me up

Now im fucking starving and i have to make the burritos again
I make Spellcrafts!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: November 12, 2017, 09:32:48 am »

I have a feeling that last night's dream was very long and involved, but I can only remember some bits from the end.

I was running through the neighborhood I lived in like three years ago. I very urgently needed to be somewhere that I can't remember now that I'm awake. I remember seeing a dark-colored cat. The neighborhood became increasingly maze-like and eventually the street was blocked off (can't quite remember how), so I had to bypass it by entering an apartment complex and leaving through another entrance that was further down the street.

As I left the building I saw a white snake slithering away from me, as if I had startled it by opening the door. I walked after it for a few steps but got distracted by a white cat approaching me, yowling and hopping as it dragged some sort of trap that was clamped on to one of its back feet. I remember recognizing it as the same cat from earlier in my dream, despite being a different color. It hopped up to me, I started removing the trap, and it started acting friendly. Just as I started to wonder what was going on with all the white animals, I woke up.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: November 12, 2017, 10:09:01 am »

I dreamt I was imprisoned, though the prison was laxly guarded, being held in check by its formidable structure. There was however one glaring weakness, that of a small window 4 stories above the ground in the gymnasium, whose little portal was left uncovered to let in the most light. To climb up would require a decent deal of pull-ups, but nothing that wasn't feasible, least not of all by dream logic. It doesn't take long for me to reach the top and as I'm soon to take the window and free myself, I look back to see a particularly gravitationally encumbered person attempting the climb. The bars I had used to climb were breaking and falling off the wall under their weight, and they were going to plummet to their injury in short order. I thus had to choose, to leave now or to return to aid them, and so I returned to aid them - lamenting as we both fell, the bars being ripped from the wall thus rendering any second climb now impossible. Yet I did make a new friend, so all was not lost.
Do you think it might be related to brexit?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: November 12, 2017, 11:46:03 am »

I dreamt I was part of a military squad reminiscent of the WH40K imperial guard. There were five of us and we were fleeing a lost battle, being pursued through the forest by shapeshifting, mind raping eldritch demons. They were a cross between the Thing, geometric aliens designed by M.C. Escher, and the smoke monster from Lost.

Slowly we got picked off one by one. Some of us were physically assaulted, ripped apart and/or eaten, and some were, for lack of a better explanation, subsumed. The one that died before me was particularly bad. We were running and he just stopped. I turned and yelled for him to run, but he just smiled and then his face and body became something else.

Imagine a human shape made of curving, interlocking pieces of plastic-like material, visually similar to bone. All the individual features are separate pieces, and all at once the human shape unfolds and sort of collapses into itself, both steps repeatedly until it disappears, leaving behind a fleshy, shadow oozing appendage connected to an insane fractal tesseract creature of flesh and shadows, which despite it being impossible and alien, is still recognizably smiling with cruel glee.

And then I realized that there were many of them, all around me. Watching me and waiting.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: November 12, 2017, 12:53:11 pm »

First time I've remembered a dream in a while:

Family and I pull into a parking lot at random in the inner city. I'm wondering what the hell we're doing here when my father gets out and starts talking to these Albanian guys, and I can hear bits of their conversation, mainly the words 'size' and 'potency'. Naturally I'm suspicious, so I get out of the car to see what the fuck is going on and why he thought it was a good idea to buy drugs off of Albanians in a parking lot ... in the middle of the day.

So they go behind their dinged-up blue van and I follow to see them unloading the biggest sandwich I've ever seen in my life from the back of the truck. The thing was like 6 feet long, pre-sliced, and shaped like a chicken leg. It had (metaphorically speaking) enough lettuce to make a tree and enough salami to assemble a pig out of. I ended up helping my father load the sandwich into our car and then we drove off, with him commenting that he was glad those guys still sold the sandwiches, because they were his favorite snacks.

TL;DR what I initially thought was a parking-lot drug deal at 2 in the afternoon turned out to be some Albanian guys running the weirdest sandwich operation I've seen thus far.

Not entirely sure what to think of that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 339