Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512677 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3360 on: November 23, 2016, 07:46:56 am »

I dreamed that I was a mattress that became sentient after a mad scientist infused his evilness in me. I move around by having my soul pick up my body and carry me around. I walked towards some scientists and they found me funny. They discussed about the circumstances of my creation and wondered how a mattress can be evil.
Was your name in the dream Zem, by any chance?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3361 on: November 25, 2016, 05:47:42 am »

My dream began with fighting over some dried meat rations, I won the fight and consumed the rations. My day went about normally thereafter in some vertical city of advertising colours and starless skies, a beautiful wonder of illicit trades, friendly people and numerous security measures. Returning to my hovel to dress in proper attire for a state function, I seated myself in one of the folding chairs and awaited the speaker to arrive. They arrived and a great speech was made, they talked well of unity of the people and how the people won over their oppressors, inviting us all to drink a toast to unity. One woman makes proposes a toast to the individual but soon all of us are quietly herded away to a spa, I myself find myself alone lying face down in a massage table, where my muscles are relaxed with electrodes. It is very relaxing until something pierces the back of my skull and the speaker's commands are repeated over and over again.

I wake up and get dressed, I start my day with a good breakfast of meat rations and do some stretches before going to exercise. I look in a mirror, but before I can seem my reflection I am fighting for some dried meat rations. I don't understand how that happened but before I can make sense of it, I am hit in the face and forget what I was doing. The man who is hitting me skipped leg day to the extreme, he catches his leg in between some railings and his own body weight breaks it. The fight won, I take my dried meat rations and go to celebrate. I try to think of finding my friends, and in that moment I can only think of my friends down at the spa. Upon arriving, I take my seat in a folded chair but feel that something is wrong. I realize I am still bruised from the fight, and forgot to change into my nice clothes. The fizzy, bubbly, golden drink is poured out but all refrain from drinking it until the toast is called, that is only polite decorum. I try to cover the bruises on my neck by rearranging my shirt, but soon I realize no one is looking at me. The speaker arrives and delivers the start of his speech, but a woman interrupts him to propose a toast to individuality. She goes at length explaining the good we do as individuals is our own responsibility, we choose to do well or not, we have the free will to be individuals. We are all about to drink this toast when I noticed the speaker isn't joining our toast, I shout
'No.' People are looking at me, and the speaker is confused. 'A toast to unity,' I shout and everyone but the interrupter and the speaker chorus after me the toast to unity. Everyone but the interrupter and the speaker drink their golden drink, I pour the drink down my face without a single sip and it puddles by my feet in droplets.
I demand to know why the speaker didn't drink his toast to unity. Suddenly the crowd is angry, demanding him to stop being rude and drink his toast to unity. 40 men and women get out of their seats to help the speaker drink his golden toast. The whole room is upon the speaker and forces drink after drink down his mouth, his nose pinched, until armoured security guards with gasmasks on and retractable batons extended arrive. All exits are blocked and the fire exit is locked, to jump out the window would be to fall hundreds of storeys below, I surrender amicably in a dazed stupor as gas fills the room.

I am fighting the interrupter for meat rations. Despite being smaller and seemingly more malnourished, she manages to hit my stomach repeatedly and nearly gouges my left eye out. The fight breaks out of the ring and keeps going on from railing to railing, neither conceding the fight. No one is giving up, but the fight does not seem like it is about the meat rations, it seems to have some purposeful purposelessness to it. We are in a corner shop that is brightly lit and brightly cleaned, and we get blood everywhere, the shop owner grabs his mop and bucket in preparation of cleanup to ensure minimal disruption. All hopes of a completely clean shop are dashed when the crowd that watched the fights followed us into the shop. After so long, we stopped. We both communicated with one another, trying to remember why we fought.
'Meat ration?' Suggested one hopeful person in the crowd. But then we looked at the shelves of the shop stocked in abundance of meat rations at affordable prices and it hardly seemed worth the effort. We went on to sit down on stools arrayed around in a circle, joined by the shopkeeper, with some viewers leaving disappointed that the fight was inconclusive. The last thing I said was in response to the interrupter, how she wanted to make some 'administrative improvements,' to the immoral system. I suggested that the best way to see change you want is to live as the change you want. That is when the shopkeeper ushered us away with grappling hook guns to aid in our escape, as he informed us security was on its way. I asked if he would be ok as there were cameras everywhere that witnessed everything, the shopkeeper replied he changed his mind and joined us.

We escaped to some distant mountain town, though not so distant enough as to leave the city out of visible range on the horizon. The town we found ourselves in was a bastard hybrid of too many architectures, planners and time periods, there was no unity to the design in anything at all. Baroque spires lay beside redbrick towers and neoclassical monuments carved of steel and office plants, we decided upon a thatched roof manor set in timber as our best hope for refuge, as less technology integrated meant less surveillance found. The owner of the manor offers us refuge and is kind enough to offer us a fine 3 course meal with gold prosecco, boarding rooms and fine clothes. Altogether a wonderful host, we asked how we could repay her and she just replied by being kind to one another.

In the night I heard footsteps pacing through the hall and went to find my new friends, but instead was haunted by apparitions of devilish monsters whose lanky limbs outstretched on idle haunches to snatch me away. Naturally I used the grappling hook gun to break out of the window and flee, as I was not prepared to deal with such creatures. On my way out I encountered a hunter, who kept his rifle pointed away from me and at the ground, his finger away from the trigger. He was intrigued by my appearance and wondered where I was from, the more I explained the more worried he grew and advised me to go to his house at once, showing me the directions. I launched myself towards his house as he ran, and swung myself atop the highest point of his roof. At the high point of his roof was a gigantic rotten raven, horrifyingly it swirled around me with metal wings and seemed ready to cleave me in two. I dropped down onto the lower balcony of this house, which seemed to look like a temple, and found myself face to face with a gigantic mutant rabbit also seemingly ready to cleave me in two.

Fortunately the hunter arrived to calm his giant pet, and the hunter seemed irate that I did not simply walk to his house like normal people. He explained what had been going on in vague detail, talking about how there were people still trying to take control of him, thus he had to make Hunter's Fortress in the middle of this dodgy town full of monsters. He said that security didn't like venturing out here, but would probably be willing to to find their lost vagrants. I asked what that meant and he said I had to stay hunkered down in his Fort for a while whilst my new friends were brought back to the city, or leave now into the wilderness night and probably get eaten by a grue. I resolved to go and save my friends, leaving Hunter's Fortress with a sad farewell.

I make it halfway across the town when some bright flashlight hits my outline, floodlights and flashlights soon follow. I use my grappling hook to escape to the tallest point of a tower, a concrete needle whose top was only half a meter in diameter, and avoid looking down at the ants below. With the grappling hook holding me onto the needle I clasp my hands around either side for stability and surety of mind, thinking what my next possible step could be. As if not looking at the people assembled below would make them go away, I keep my eyes pressed to the cool stone. I hear a loud voice, as if it was next to my ear, telling me to calmly come down and return to the city. I resolve then not to sail down calmly, nor to remain pinned to the needle for the carrion birds to feed on. Thus all things considered, I released the grappling hook, and willed myself to let go of the needle.

I then woke up because my 7AM alarm clock went off. I hope to dream this dream's ending one day

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: November 26, 2016, 04:06:31 pm »

Meanwhile, I had a dream with Sarah Vandella and two other women in it and that is all I can say because forum guidelines.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: November 26, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »

Me: Who's Sarah Va....
*Googles*
Oh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: November 26, 2016, 07:58:09 pm »

Me: Who's Sarah Va....
*Googles*
Oh.
*Googles also*

Your search - sarah vandella - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.
In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 0 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.
Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Learn more
...right to be forgotten?

Edit1: ...or just an adult filter, maybe. On a hunch: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2770048/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
Edit2: ...no SafeSearch filters set. So not me that decided that.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:05:28 pm by Starver »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: November 26, 2016, 08:03:19 pm »

No, safe search is probably blocking the results.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: November 26, 2016, 08:08:27 pm »

No, safe search is probably blocking the results.
Apparently not (see second edit). Not a user-choice one, anyhow. Might still be prudish .uk or .eu overarching thing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: November 26, 2016, 08:11:57 pm »

I did hear something about the UK getting an overzealous filter...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: November 28, 2016, 07:01:19 am »

I don't remember exactly what happened, but I had a dream about Gordon Freeman fighting some kind of army of consumerist zombies in my high school science teacher's classroom. During the dream, I seemed to genuinely believe that this was going to be the plot of Half-Life 3.

"Braaaaains!" "50% oooooff!" "Blaaaaaack Friiiidaaaaay!"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3369 on: November 28, 2016, 07:06:10 am »

I was hiking through verdant fields and rolling hills of immense natural beauty, however I spent my time picking up £1 coins when I wanted to explore the hills. I kept picking up the coins, but pennies would fall from my hands. Eventually I began storing the £1 coins in my pocket, suspicious to those around me trying to take my coins.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: November 28, 2016, 09:19:53 am »

I was rolling through verdant hills too, except a troll lopped off my head at the end after I threw a grenade right in front of me. I should mention this troll looked like one off of wurm online

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3371 on: November 28, 2016, 11:52:31 am »

I was hiking through verdant fields and rolling hills of immense natural beauty, however I spent my time picking up £1 coins when I wanted to explore the hills. I kept picking up the coins, but pennies would fall from my hands. Eventually I began storing the £1 coins in my pocket, suspicious to those around me trying to take my coins.
YOUR PROBLEM

IS SMAUG

buuuuuuuuuurn
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: November 30, 2016, 03:04:53 am »

Do any of you ever has dreams that made you feel melancholy? I remember having a few (not recently) and they usually contained either people I knew in the past (and had left behind) or complete strangers whom I felt I wanted to get to know better. Does this sound familiar to anybody or am I the only person with these bizarre dreams?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: November 30, 2016, 05:11:32 am »

For me it's generally missed opportunities, featuring people (often anachronistic to the events in question) being there as the opportunity somehow comes round again and I get another bite of the cherry.

(But last night was a trailing epic of a dream. Epic because of the huge amount of things that happened, trailing because by the end me and my grouping were sat on tricycles waiting on the racecourse for the horses and bicycle racers (and sheep?) to come round the corner (which at some point was through a door, apparently) on the second of two-and-a-half laps.  Mostly I was trying not to make inappropriate ethnic impressions. But, after somehow setting up this variety of expectations, nothing much actually happened... And then eventually I woke up.)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: November 30, 2016, 01:43:58 pm »

Last night I dreamed that I was sailing a small boat with an outboard motor down the middle of a muddy brown river. On either side of me was a dense jungle, with strange red-leaved alien foliage and noisy buzzing horseflies all around. The noise from the motor didn't bother the animals on the bank, and I saw dark shapes moving through the foliage silently minding their own business. Soon after I passed by a small village that looked like it was lifted straight out of the Amazon. I didn't slow, but a boat smaller than mine from the village was launched and caught up to pull up alongside me. They threw a jerrycan and a couple canvas sacks onto the deck of my boat, and I paid for whatever it was with a bag of coins. The man on the boat tested their weight, waved at me, and peeled off back home. I went to inspect their goods, noting the extremely earthy smell of the canvas bags and the petrichor coming from the jerrycan. When I woke up I found that it had rained overnight, and the smell coming through the window was the same as the stuff from the boat.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 339