Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512716 times)

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2955 on: January 29, 2016, 07:27:01 pm »

The horrors of the sea....

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: January 30, 2016, 03:56:40 am »

I was the part of the Polish soccer team for High School World Championship games. Together with other guys and one whom recognized (my classmate Andrew from primary school), we were going to play our first game against the USA team.

Our coach (a hooded guy) gave us our tactics plan in one of the classrooms and then we were on the field, kicking the ball about and scoring 3 goals vs 0 goals. Most of USA team was either derping around or falling over their own legs like a bunch of mentally challenged kids. Also, our sponsors were Nokia, Bluetooth and MetalSlimeHunt (I saw Nokia's, Bluetooth's emblems and MSH's avatar all over the playing field walls).

After the victorious game (and we found out we would be playing against Argentina next), we had a latin/history lesson about Roman Empire, with a guy who spoke Arabic and thus nobody was able to understand him. Or maybe my classmates did? I looked over papers of my classmates and they were apparently calculating the medium dropout list from Roman Legion past first day of training, if that was ever a thing. The Arabic guy noticed me staring into others' work and began yelling at me.

Then I woke up.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2957 on: January 31, 2016, 09:28:23 am »

Some background: I have diabetes type I. Look it up if you don't understand and you want to, it's a rather prevalent disease and growing rapidly.

Also, I am in high school (a freshman), but go to college for the second half of my school day. However, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I stay at school the whole day because I have no college classes.

It begins at some point, and I am low, there is this senior throwing food at me. And he won't stop, and he's stopping me from getting to juice. So after the first fifteen times of saying "stop", I say "fuck off". Because in my dream school, that's a rather large curse word. The entire lunchroom, filled with students, in which this was taking place, gasps. A teacher comes over and is angry at me for three reasons. First, I said fuck. Second, I threw food at this person. (He was throwing it at me, btw.) And third, I was really low, why didn't I get to my juice? An ambulance was racing to save me, and started a car crash that killed three.

Then I was walking outside and explaining the situation to her. I think I was walking around the exterior of the school. Then she's not there, and I'm low again. I try to find a nearby door, and find Mrs. Freeberg, a teacher I once had. In elementary school. I'm in high school now, but am somehow not surprised. She's teaching pottery or something to other old people. (She's old.) She lets me into her classroom, which for some reason has a door to the outside (like some classrooms in middle school), and from then on, everything gets crazy.

I walk to the right, trying to figure out where I am so that I can get to the nurse. But instead of a hallway with a library, which is what would normally be there, there is this large commons. With a glass window, very large, that I sure as heck did NOT see from the outside. Also, I've walked past that hallway hundreds of times in RL and never seen it. But I get my bearings and come to terms with the fact that my school has changed, probably because I'm low. I walk with the nurse, whose office I have finally found, through the nurse's-office-turned-mailroom, and then we walk down some stairs. Also at some point we see Blue from Blue's Clues, a show I saw a decade ago. Downstairs, it plays like a 3d Mario game, without enemies, but then I see an angry cat that skids along a mess of twisty pipes like Turbo the snail, and then I am the cat. It's a minigame somehow. And I play it like the Turbo game, but I lose. Then I go back to my own body, and find my juice.

Then it gets even weirder. Apparently, today is Monday, but I stay at school and study in the library because I forgot. Then I arrive in the bus the next day, and the doors are way different. From now on, nothing in my school is the same. It's way larger, but has roughly the same shape. The organization is all different. I go to my classes, which I do not experience but just know that I did. Then because it is Tuesday, I plan to go to the library. However, I have no schoolwork to do, so I decide to go to classes that I would take if I didn't take college classes. It's rather odd, though, since now everyone's schedule is like that of middle school, where it is predecided for them which order, and everyone takes the same classes. No electives but the ones assigned to all, rotating every quarter.

So I apparently I am still in my last class of the day, science class. I see Jessica there, who I have a bit of a crush on. That's normal. (Somehow, by pressing a button on the "game screen", a fellow student rewinds time and makes her hair what it was when she was seven or something. Weird.) The classroom is somewhat normal, but the layout is all different. I think it might be one of the last days of school, but since it's at one point spring and then the next day a snowstorm, I doubt it. I have a large, overflowing binder (that's normal for me :P) Then the class ends, and I decide to go to a math class.  (I love math, but am not taking math in college this semester, for the first time in two years.) Somehow, I not only find a math class, but it's a challenging one, and Jessica is there too. (Makes sense; she's very smart. I know her from Math Counts (a mathematics competition) and Science Olympiad (obviously a science competition).) We talk at some point. Then I go to my locker, which is also the mailroom, which is also the nurses office. I do something there, then see Jessica, who recommends going to a music class next, since Art would probably be finishing up their sculptures, and I have a deadly fear of Phy. Ed. What's weird, though, is that I already go to music. I ask where it is, and she says "up there [points], behind the stool with music on it." Cool.

While walking there, I see the layout of the school. And here's the weirdest part of all. It's all familiar. The giant blackboard with the paper cutout pipe organ on it. I remember the first day of school, getting an inspirational speech involving the organ (somehow). The doors with names on them at the front of the school? To spread out the student entering the building and make sure they get to their right class. The several snowballs with paper taped onto them with students gathering around them to put their names on the paper? They're deciding Winter Electives, which I will not do because I am taking Winterm classes at the college. I discussed it yesterday with my parents. That music practice room by the front doors? Totally normal. And the layout is very familiar. I think it may actually be a hybrid of my elementary school, my middle school, my high school, some of my college buildings, some architectural designs I often see in my dreams, and something very weird. I go upstairs (which is NOT where my music class is) and see a stool with music on it. But when I go in the door, I do not see a music class. Instead, I see what looked like a fishing class but what turned out to be a astrophysics class IN a fishing class, because they're beginning to run out of room for them. They're very popular. They're on top of this large platform, and he's teaching them about gravity. Apparently, he wanted them to pull these two rocks, which he put on a fishing net/pulley thing that was already present in the classroom from its years as a fishing class, but they didn't. The only way up to the main classroom was to climb up the fishing net, so I did that. The teacher was explaining general relativity and its effects on orbiting bodies. I woke up.

(Also, when I was walking to music, I felt nostalgia for the first days of school, which I do in RL. I spend too much time playing and not quite enough time studying or spending time with my family. I think my subconscious is trying to tell me to stop. I've been having this problem my whole life, but DF has only made it worse, as well as the greater freedom and responsibility given in high school. The personal computer loaned to me by Stout for my time as a student probably didn't help.)

(There may have been another class in between math and astrofishing, but I cannot remember it well. I do remember that the "plot" involved Jessica and some other student dating. I was sad, but we were still friends. Besides, it was probably for the best; I find it very hard to talk to people I had an unresolved crush on for years after the crush, and that pretty much spelled the end for my three-years-long friendship with Desirae. I wonder if that represents something.)

(I have noted before, but will note again, that my entire experience seems to be an amalgam of my years as a student, my current school, and my previous and current expectations or wishes of what school would be like.)

Wow that was long. More than one page, at normal view, at widest screen. Dreams seem so simple and make so much sense when you're inside of them, but they can be very complex once you type them out. Is that normal?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: January 31, 2016, 11:45:43 am »

Yes.
Dreams are weird.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2959 on: January 31, 2016, 12:43:11 pm »

Had a dream where everyone was swimming in some muddy river on the banks of a jungle, where some sort of telephone-pole looking thing jutted out in the middle. Everyone was jumping up, trying to grab the first ledge to get to the top, because whoever reached the top first would be King!
In my glee, I felt I had prepared well for this, and clambered up to the top of the human pile whilst others were swept away by river or foot. Only two others were my rivals, and we failed to dislodge one another. At last we reached the top and I was going to be first... Then the pole started swinging and collapsed into the river. Technically the river became King as it was the first body to touch the top of the pole, albeit a body of water.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: January 31, 2016, 05:09:33 pm »

Dreamed I was travelling down the divide of a 4-lane highway in the desert. It was late afternoon, cool and completely silent, with flat rocky soil as far as I could see in any direction. About 3 miles ahead of me, I knew, was a bridge over a shallow canyon with a river at the bottom. If I didn't reach the shelter of the caves in the walls of the canyon by morning I would die in the heat, but if I didn't reach it by nightfall I wouldn't be able to descend safely until morning. I moved at a brisk pace in order to make it in time, but I was already very tired and my canteen was empty.

A short time into my walk, I noticed a buzzard circling low overhead looking down at me. This made me very angry, and I threw a rock up at it. I was shocked when I actually hit the thing, but regretted my decision when it started coming down at me. It was gigantic, its outstretched wings easily wider than I was tall and the rest of it looking more like an eagle than a vulture. It landed a few feet in front of me, and started coming at me on foot. I backed away, but tripped on something and fell on my back. It was looming over me when I kicked at it. It squawked surprised and took a few steps back, then launched itself back into the air and went back to circling.

I kept on walking, and every so often it would make a feint at me from the front or sides. I realized that it was trying to drive me away from the canyon, and that if I let it delay me too long I wouldn't be able to get down there and it'd get me at some point during the night. I got close, within sight of the canyon, when it realized its tactic wasn't working and it decided to attack me outright. It was nearly dark now, and even a short delay would be disastrous. I ran for the canyon with the vulture/eagle diving at me nearly constantly. Every time I dove to the ground and narrowly avoided it, but when I was within 50 meters of the canyon it finally got me. My left shoulder was badly torn up, and I knew now I wouldn't be able to climb down with it harassing me. I threw another rock at it, but it avoided it easily. All I could do was try to kick it again, but it shrugged off the blow and grabbed one of my arms in each foot and bore me down. I fell over with its talons cutting into my upper arms, and it stabbed its beak into my gut. I managed to buck it off and stand up, but only just. It was reeling when I took off and decided to abandon any caution and go into the canyon as quickly as I could. The sides were steep and it was a fair way down, but I still moved as fast as I could, half-stumbling where I could and just jumping down where I thought I could make it.

The thing had difficulty in the canyon since it couldn't hover, so it was circling above ground level to spot me. That bought me some time, but I was still several meters away from shelter when it spotted me. If it got me here it could just force me over the edge, but there was some dead wood around here and the ledge I was standing on was fairly wide. I picked up a decently sized branch and pointed it out to keep the thing at bay. It made a frustrated sound and moved back above ground level to try to make another pass, but I was close enough to make it to the cave before it could come back down. It made an angry sound and went off. I slumped over against the cave wall, really hurting now, and then woke up to find I'd rolled over at some point and had forgotten to take off my belt, which was now jammed uncomfortably into my torso where the bird had got me.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: January 31, 2016, 05:12:25 pm »

Someone should do a RTD in which they select a random dream from this thread and the players have to somehow win it.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: January 31, 2016, 05:56:03 pm »

I dreamed I was in a car and there was a storm overhead. Then I saw a tornado. Then I looked around and there were at least 5 tornadoes in the area around me. Then I woke up.

This is a recurring dream that I've had several times over the last few years, but I last dreamed it last night.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: January 31, 2016, 07:39:30 pm »

Also, our sponsors were Nokia, Bluetooth and MetalSlimeHunt (I saw Nokia's, Bluetooth's emblems and MSH's avatar all over the playing field walls).
As it should be.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: January 31, 2016, 11:44:07 pm »

Someone should do a RTD in which they select a random dream from this thread and the players have to somehow win it.
Every round takes place in a different dream, selected randomly after actions are chosen. It will be beautiful.

I want in on some of that MSH sponsorship money.... Better go to bed early tonight.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: February 01, 2016, 01:10:29 am »

*All proceeds from MetalSlimeHunt Dream Sponsorships are rendered in the abstract essence of human thought potential. Conversion of HTP into USD has yet to be offered by any major financial institution, real or imaginary. MetalSlimeHunt is not responsible for difficulties in employing advert proceeds.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: February 01, 2016, 02:10:44 am »

Mr. Khan moved things and explained to Owen that he needed Owen to be a slightly different sort of person.  Not very different, but different enough to help Mr. Khan.  After it had all been explained, it made sense.  They spoke for a long while.  All the while that they spoke, Mr. Khan was moving jelly/lights/needles/switches/teeth.  And at the end of this time, Owen had been both persuaded and altered, and he wasn’t sure where the persuasion had ended and alteration had begun, or if there was even a division between the two, or if there was even a difference.

I had a dream about this. Like, my dreams usually aren't so coherent, but damn if my brain isn't enthralled (HA) by some OP wizardry. This dream was utterly coherent. Rather than this Mr. Khan, the controller was some sort of generic dark wizard--actually IIRC my brain automatically substituted "generic dark wizard" with Snoke pretty quickly, since Snoke is the most recent obvious dark wizard I've actually seen an image of I guess--and, uh.

Actually, now that I think of it, the dream made Snoke seem way cooler than he seems to be now LOL. My brain actually made the possible literary connection pretty quickly--it actually managed to make the line "Supreme Leader Snoke is wise" seem terrifying, just with the idea that he's thought to be wise because he alters your mind to think his ideas are wise while keeping you mostly the same.

Oh, and it also made that spell way less overpowered by making it a ritual requiring a variety of random shit. I mean, completely random, I don't remember any of it, it was unimportant. He would still give you knowledge of the spell, though, so still OP in a way.

It ended and I woke up with the standard lucidity I get near the end of these things--except it wasn't the standard lucidity, apparently this was coherent enough that my brain decide that the lucidity would be from accepting dark wizard ideals rather than from that I was in a dream, when some news came in about some disunity or another happening and him going on a rant about how great we are since we all have similar ideals and can act in unity, at which point I realized (not realistically IMO, and it's not good writing, but hey, dreams) that Snoke's exactly like Harry Potter Luke Skywalker (I'm not even joking, I'm pretty sure my brain automatically made the name substitution even though it made no sense, Harry Potter made perfect sense in the original context where the particular spell came from) but using the Dark Side of the Force, and I woke up right around there since I always wake up when something lucid happens.

But this time the lucidity wasn't a literal lucid dream, and that's really damn interesting.

tl;dr: a spell in a fanfiction was so fantastically overpowered that I had a dream about it and my unoriginal brain somehow managed to get Star Wars characters involved instead of the Harry Potter characters from the original fic.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: February 05, 2016, 10:53:14 am »

Huh.
I dreamed last night that one of my favorite RTDs had updated. It was glorious. I was disappointed when I woke up and it hadn't updated yet.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: February 05, 2016, 10:11:24 pm »

-dream-
Dang, that's one hell of a dream! I bet you didn't feel particularly rested upon waking.

Oh man, that would be amazing!
If you wanted extra fluff you could make the players members of some weird dream-exploring investigation, harvesting dream-material to fuel some sort of magic engine. Or any other silly backstory to get characters moving from one dream to another. Reminds me of a good book I read years ago, actually.

Huh.
I dreamed last night that one of my favorite RTDs had updated. It was glorious. I was disappointed when I woke up and it hadn't updated yet.
Sorry! :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2969 on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:51 am »

This night, i had one of the weirder dreams i've had in recent times, and that's kind of saying something.

---

It began with me looking at various gifs on the internet. One that caught my eye (partly because it was rendered in nice pixel art) was a looping one of Scrooge McDuck swinging a cartoon-size mouse trap at that accountant duck in a three step motion, although the latter was just dodging effortlessly with his eyes closed in an "oh please" manner. So i look at it for a while because dayum that's some nice animation, even if it was kind of odd (though by no means the weirdest thing i've seen in either dreams or reality). But then, there was just one frame (visible because it was like what, 10-15 FPS?) where accountduck (let's call him that for now) had one eye open, staring straight at the viewer. A bit odd to go through all that effort just to put in one frame like that after so long time, but eh, not like i hadn't seem similar things before. So i look at it for a bit longer, and sure enough, the open eye thing repeats, although this time, it was visible for 3 frames (ish), with a yellow iris growing out from the cartoony black pupil, and then shrinking back in. It also started out closer to the viewer than before. So this pattern repeated a few times, with the eye being visible for longer, the iris growing out further and such, although the third time, there was also kind of a white noise accompanying it. After the fourth time, i was getting kind of freaked out, so i looked away for a while, and in between that and the next part, my memory fails me.

So, i look back, and suddenly everything is rendered in a cartoony manner, in some nondescript office, where accountduck is just getting done with MESSILY beating the Scrooge lookalike to death with the mouse trap. Like, pretty much DF-tier messy, although for some reason, the victim was coloured pink all over, so the gore didn't stand out as much as it otherwise would.

Then, another sudden scene change. Now it was about The Lich (yes from Adventure Time) invading the office building, in order to kill people and absorb their essence. The first few go down with a touch to the forehead, which apparently killed them. The Lich absorbed their essence, and for lord knows what reason, it was revealed that he did this in order to attain his true form, which was PAPYRUS. Every absorbtion brought him closer to looking like that, so that was kind of weird. Then, i apparently controlled an anthropomorphic rhino martial artist, who was going to beat the shit out of the invader. The latter then comes in through the door, looking pissed as hell (and boy let me tell you he looks pretty scary when pissed), but i avoid the initial Touch of Death(tm), and retaliate with a powerful-as-hell punch to his pelvis, which caused some yellow energy effect and launched him up against the nearest wall (which resembled the corner in our meatspace kitchen), after which he just kind of falls down to the ground and folds on the middle like a ragdoll.

However, hubris would take its toll, because VERY SUDDENLY, the view was third person, the invader sprung up, and showered rhinobro with evil black shards of doom in a decidedly cartoony-looking manner. No blood, but this killed rhinobro. Therefore, the invader now only needed one more soul/essence to reach his TRUE FORM (although he already looked like some weird Lich/Papyrus hybrid). Of course, that could logically only be one person: sans. Suddenly, jump cut to Lichpyrus(???) holding some kind of tablet computer, on which a Sans-lookalike was shown.

Now, if you think it's been weird up till now, this is where all sense gets dropped out of the window. Basically, it played out as a quiz-like conversation, with individual responses targeting specific parts of Sans' head, either growing them bigger or removing them. I think it was implied that the parts were actually bits of his brain, and they'd get "eaten" on the removal answers, and grown on the others. At first, he ends up getting a HUGE head, like the classic aliens with a ginormous brain. Then, it went the completely opposite way, with him having all the parts removed. What was beneath was kind of a red bulb with floating blue eyes. I recall that there was one last answer to be given, and one of the possible ones was "I already changed my mind", but it couldn't be selected. Exactly what that means is beyond me.

If you think you're going to get closure about LICHPYRUS(tm), you'll be disappointed, because after that, there was yet another jump cut. Now, i was in a Simpsons-esque setting in the familiar graphical style. Everything SEEMED okay at first, but then Bart comes around, wearing a balls out terrifying face (look up Bart is Dead on the creepypasta wiki, basically that image, except worse). I think i was starting to wake up, because everything just started to get jumbled up. I remember the sound of a chainsaw, briefly seeing one of the characters with an exposed brain, me blocking my own view of the various things with my knee, and finally, me noping the fuck out of there because it was getting creepy as hell and i didn't want anything to do with that. Then i finally woke up.

---

So yeah, that was weird. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 339