Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512611 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2070 on: October 09, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

It's common enough, but I personally don't remember any incidents. I may have dreamt it before, but I just didn't remember the dream.

Speaking of which... I'm going to experiment with music tonight and the next few nights though and see what happens. I have a CD of Debussy ready and I'm curious how it effects my dream state. Tchaikovsky induced something methinks, so I'm going to have a little fun and see how music effects how I sleep. Perhaps some kinds of music work really well, but it will take a night or two to get any kind of constructive data.

Impressionism, go!

EDIT: Debussy was a mild success. I dreamed last night. It was an odd dream.

There was a Music Theory Test that I was taking in a classroom. A friend that I recognized and I were both taking it. No one else was in sight. Without me realizing it, the scene changes and I'm sitting in my kitchen at home still taking the test. Only now it has become Algebraic equations that I was still mentally equating with theory. Algebraic equations are not my forte, and I grow frustrated My friend finishes his test and disappears for the rest of a dream. Then things get vaguely odd.

A cat appears out of nowhere. I don't remember this cat anymore but my notes mention me somewhere and somehow adopting a cat. Then I hear another cat at the glassdoor window. I flip on the light to the porch to see a black cat sitting there sort of staring at me. My first instinct? That cat better get off my porch. So I stomp on the ground and move towards it to try to scare it away. Didn't happen. It instead leapt at the window whilst making some kind of ungodly cat noise more demonic than cat and bounced off. It stared me down from beyond the safety of the window. I felt enmity against the cat.

Then I woke up.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:46:20 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 11, 2014, 03:56:48 am »

I had an interesting dream recently.

I was in a museum/hotel with some people, suddenly there's a t-rex and it starts chasing us, so I grab a random woman jumped off from the 3rd story of the building and slid down the wall and went into a small room with 2 other people. At this point the woman turns into a bottle of pills so I get a pill out and one of the people in the room with me licks the pill and I drop it. The pill turned into the woman I saved. I then woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2072 on: October 11, 2014, 04:04:37 am »

I dreamed I was making beef and onion stew. It was absolutely delicious, and I now want a beef and onion pie.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2073 on: October 11, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

I think one dream I had that involved getting gender bent was when I appeared to be in another dream featuring some of the dream girls. Basically, I think one of them ended up getting into a lucid state, and deciding to screw around with me and flip my gender on a whim. Apparently, I would make for an attractive girl, according to them. Whether they were serious about it or not depends on if I remember still having my beard and vocal tone, post-transformation. Doctor Girlfriend came to mind if I still had my voice post-transformation and I maybe spoke a few quotes from Venture Brothers, and got a few laughs.

As for a recent dream, I dreamed of a weird version of my old job. Same thing, same job, same annoyances, different layout of the van from what I can remember. What the hell, brain?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 11, 2014, 09:29:17 pm »

I dreamed I was making beef and onion stew. It was absolutely delicious, and I now want a beef and onion pie.

Steak and kidney.

That's what you want.

Get it right.

Also, my Dream: I was solving puzzles. I had a feeling of satisfaction at each one I completed. Upon being woken, I tried quite hard to stay in the dream, too. Don't remember what the puzzles were.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 11, 2014, 10:08:23 pm »

I dreamt that my little brother stole my glasses and deep-fried them.
I couldn't see shit out of them.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: October 12, 2014, 10:35:10 am »

I dreamt that my little brother stole my glasses and deep-fried them.
I couldn't see shit out of them.

Little brothers do the darndest things.

I dreamt that someone barged into my dormroom at night. I screamed, or at least I tried to but the muscles in my throat didn't work. Regardless, the person backed off and the result of the fail-scream was that I actually went lucid. Still panicking however in my dreamstate, I reached for my gun in my holster. I do not actually have a gun or a holster nor do I know how to shoot one, but screw reality. I walked out into the hallway to a sort of house like area as opposed to my normal dorm hallways. I dart around a little bit looking for the person who barged into my room and ended up shooting him and a few people. Oddly enough it was someone I knew and I may have shot a kid.

On reflection this bothers me a little bit. :(

Blergh. Debussy is becoming a bad influence on me.
BIRDS.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 12, 2014, 10:52:09 am »

I left my window open last night, and fog rolled around like it occasionally does after a morning rain.

I was apparently cold lat night, as I had a dream of me curled up an dreaming.  I wasn't privy to my dream, just watched me sleep.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 12, 2014, 12:45:25 pm »

I had 2 dreams last night.

I barely remember the first one. But I remember a part where I was trying to stop this woman from doing something I knew would harm her, she started freaking out, and when I grabbed her by the shoulders she turned into a red goblin with intense eyes. I smiled at her, she smiled at me then we kissed.

In my next dream I was at the home of someone I know, by doing some weird thing I gained immense power, I floated up into the air formed a big blue transparent ball of energy, I was about to go on a rampage to destroy the world! Then Jesus appeared and said "I'm sorry but you can't have those powers." I felt much power leave me and all I could do was barely hover above the ground.

I tried a few times to get my powers back, but every time I got close something went wrong, such as a 3D map exploding and giant zombies coming out of the rubble. Towards the end of the dream I got new weaker powers and I was fighting a flying gangster.
I eventually beat the gangster, but he called the boss in, storm clouds suddenly appeared, the wind blew and lightning lit up the sky, then an old man with a sledge hammer flew over to me and we fought. I don't remember much of the fight but I remember winning. I then was in a barber shop, I talked with some people there. I woke up
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:49:49 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 13, 2014, 07:14:56 am »

I dreamed that I got to see our old labrador retriever Buster again. He got put down recently due to arthritis and hip issues recently.

In the dream he was much bigger and heavier than he was when he was put down. Apparently we (me and my parents) were there to decide which afterlife he'd get, whether it was a doggie heaven type place or a doggie hall of fame where a single artifact is chosen as a representation of your dog's life and history and put on display.

I don't remember what we picked. I do remember cuddling Buster a bunch tho. He looked super happy to see us. we were happy to see him. We were in this big green field.

'twas a bittersweet dream. ;^; I wish it was real.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:24:28 am by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 13, 2014, 10:37:59 am »

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: October 13, 2014, 12:11:36 pm »

-snap-
* Koss casts Hug
Uh, thanks. Just typing that out earlier made my eyes start leaking. Like, alot.

Reading it again made my eyes start leaking again. Bluh, emotions.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 13, 2014, 01:14:01 pm »

Had a pretty bizarre one, Went out to the garage to find my father, only I found him and another random guy doing NSFW stuff, with each other.
That immediately let me know it was a dream as my father would never do anything of the sort with another guy...thankfully I woke up after seeing that, but sadly I can't forget the image.

Had another one about the characters I like, this time, it featured the same 7 Female characters as before, but it was like a semi-mid-quel showing a detail I hadn't seen before: there were other characters in teams, Males and Females both, but each team was 8 people each team having it's own M-to-F ratio, and we were all fighting that same weird being. but before the dream elaborated on why my 7 Allies and I were the final-fight heroes, I woke up. Good to know though that that dream honors all the characters I like, Male or Female lol.

And finally last night...I dreamed of purple Hazy skies....no clue as to why, and the grass around me was white...seen in a mirror. No clue why I was laying on grass though as that's something I'd never do.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 14, 2014, 09:50:01 am »

I dreamed this morning that a group of Swedish, Norwegian, Viking people were singing some kind of national unity song. My alarm went off and the dream never quite finished. It makes me sad.
BIRDS.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 14, 2014, 01:06:37 pm »

Had another notable dream. Why am I having so many dreams.

Alright, this time I'm in a pharmacy, getting medications or prescriptions or something. The whole time I'm doing this, the pharmaceutical clerk dude keeps looking behind me and grimacing. Finally there's this moment where his face contorts into an expression of absolute horror. I put a hand on his shoulder -an oddly friendly gesture for me to use on an otherwise complete stranger- and ask "What's been bothering you this whole time, friend?" (Again, I'm being strangely comforting and friendly to a person I've never met.)

He continues staring at something behind me and says "Don't turn around. There's a ghost."

As soon as he says that, all the lights in the building abruptly turn off. I turn on my heels -obviously breaking the clerk's caution of not turning around- and make a run for it. I run straight into this...sensation. Cold warmth taking hold inside me, tingling, slight pain, this feeling of otherness that is not me or my thoughts, for lack of a better term. I experience this moment of dread and terror as I think that I've run right into the ghost, who was behind me the whole time, and now it's inside me.

I think to myself that I should wake up. I wake up, and experience the same sort of sleep paralysis as the last time I had a dream involving some unnamed and undescribed "ghost". My eyelids flicker rapidly, I can't move, I'm in a cold sweat, and the cold warm feeling of otherness inside me from my dream persists a bit. the whole episode lasts maybe one or two seconds before it all goes away.

This occurred roughly the same time the last dream+sleep paralysis thing happened. In my dorm in college, at about 6:00 in the morning.

Maybe my room is haunted. Ha. Ha. Riiiiiiight. Weird coincidence though. I've never had any moments of sleep paralysis before coming to college and staying in this dorm.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 339