Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512758 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1965 on: September 12, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »

Last night I dreamt that I and my mother had been driving into town, but got lost on the way and ended up in the wrong town because we made a wrong turn while dodging empty flatbed trailer trucks parked across the road and vehicles driving on the wrong side of the road. It was overcast and cold. This place had things like tiny, nearly-tame or possibly just stupid deer and other wild animals wandering around. Every private house was at least two stories tall and had a nice lawn and garden, including a fence. There were no stores anywhere, or any signs indicating what a building was, and downtown none of them even had windows. The streets were almost completely deserted, and it was kind of creepy. We wandered into a few of the buildings downtown looking for someone to give us some directions or a map to the city we were looking for. The buildings were all apartments. The rooms were tiny, poorly lit (no windows, shoddy lights), didn't have internet access on the computers I found or any maps anywhere, and they were mostly deserted. The people who were there were all babbling nonsense or otherwise refused to talk to us. They were built like a labyrinth to boot; very few hallways, which were incredibly narrow, and mostly you could only pass from one room to the next.

Then we eventually found a shopping center of some sort, like a poorly-planned walmart. I had to use the bathroom, but as I got to the restrooms a huge bunch of cheerleaders rushed in out of nowhere and occupied both the men's and women's restrooms, apparently in order to change into normal clothes. Took fucking forever, and when they left they didn't appear to have changed clothes. I went back to find... That there were no toilets. At all. Just empty stalls that, again, weren't set up in any sensible order. Like one stall could only be accessed through another.

That dream had me in a bad mood for the rest of the morning, and I just so happened to have to piss a divine flood when I woke up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1966 on: September 13, 2014, 03:53:23 am »

And it hurt.

Psychosomatic effect. You think it should hurt, so it does.

I can only remember enough of my recent dreams to know they've been seriously trippy. No time in the mornings to think about them before getting up any more, unfortunately.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 13, 2014, 05:53:46 pm »

Yesterday, I read some WW2 memoirs before going to bed while drunk and I got, well,

bear-handed partisan versus zombie viking nazis.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 13, 2014, 06:10:16 pm »

So, ummmm. Can someone explain what this is.

So I look out my bedroom window and see about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground, and parked in my front yard are not one, not two, not even three, but four TARDISES. One of the four is bigger than the rest, and the door is open. And out steps my grandfather. Me and him travel to the greenhouse that I apparently have, and my mom is in a hot tub with a thin layer of ice over it. Hanging from every glass pane is one bee hive for every glass pane of the green house, with huge bees in each. With two inch stingers

I got stung and woke up.

And it hurt.

I read that, not knowing this was the dream thread.

I thought your Grandad was the RL Dr. Who, and that he had come for his companion. You.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1969 on: September 14, 2014, 11:10:55 am »

After recently quitting my job, and letting loose a crapload of stress from it, I had an interesting dream.

Basically, I was minding my own business in my town, and I found a rather familiar gate on the beach, and upon it opening, a familiar face came out of it (good ol' purple-eyed fireball-hair returns), and charged after me and glomped me to the ground. Basically, they were all over me, as if we've been separated for half a decade, and they've been looking forward to this the whole time. After reuniting with them, in more ways than one, I got pulled through the gate by them, and a familiar world locked out from me for a similar amount of time has re-opened to me as well. Flying cities and continents, abstract technologies, magitek, dimensional and space travel being an everyday thing, creatures the size of cities and such, airships and spacecraft all over the place, death being not-so-permanent, and an inconvenience, if anything; the whole package.

In a sense, remember some of those sketches that I posted in the art thread? Well, that source of inspiration might be back in full force again, because I remembered everything I was looking at, and how to operate them; even the more obscure oddball things that you wouldn't expect to have a use. Sure, some may look like rocks and such, but they were able to operate far more complicated things. The games Kairo and Myst kinda comes to mind on some of these things; and in some places, it was kinda like that game with the technology, and instead of blank scenery surrounding the buildings, it was no different from the kinds of landscapes we have on our world/plane of existence, except populated with people, very much similar to the girl that came out of the gate; and like her, truly awesome people to hang out with.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:17:21 am by Itnetlolor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 14, 2014, 11:32:50 am »

Your job was restraining your dreams? I say congratulations for freeing yourself of that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1971 on: September 14, 2014, 12:00:56 pm »

Your job was restraining your dreams? I say congratulations for freeing yourself of that.
Based on that phrasing, if my dreams were as outlandish and unrestrained as they were while I was restrained; then I look forward to the even crazier shit that lies on the horizon and beyond post-release.

EDIT:
On that note, I think I got (re-)hired for a job as an adventurer by that same red-headed girl (in-dream of course). Funny thing, now that I remember correctly, in past dreams she was involved in, she was my subordinate, and I was her boss. In the dream-world sense, I feel like I got an old job back that I loved, regardless the profits and such. Find a job you love, never work a day of your life, indeed. Now to find a way to bring it to reality.

This song really feels relevant. "When push comes to shove, you gotta do what you love. Even if it's not a good idea."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:17:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 15, 2014, 07:35:15 am »

Had a weird dream experience. So for context, I watched a video of a guy getting his thumb torn off by a moray eel before I went to bed. Long story.

From what I remember of the dream, I then had to put up with a snake biting me, a racoon biting me, and a bat biting me. The one I remember most clearly was the bat, who did a fly-by biting and nicked my wrist without even slowing down.

The last thing I remember before waking up was the clear thought "There's a ghost." and then I woke up.

This is where it's weird. For a few seconds after waking up I have the distinct sensation there's someone else in the bed with me. Really close to me. On my chest. My eyes are fluttering by themselves, blinking rapidly without order, left, right, left, right. Can't move. Or at least I didn't attempt to move. Getting chills. And there's the residual thought of the so called "ghost" from my dream. At the time I remember thinking maybe it's a possession or the ghost is leaving my body or something, because ghosts are totes real.

Lasted a bit, maybe five seconds, then I woke up. It was 6:30, not like 3:33 or 1:11 or some oddball spirit time. Was probably mild sleep paralysis. Never had it before.

Recalling the ghost incident still gives me chills and makes me think there's something watching me, oddly.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 15, 2014, 10:31:02 am »

So I am in an abandoned city.  This one street is lined up:

-Small house
-Large apartment
-Doctor's office
-Supermrket
-Projects
-Corporate headquarters

There's also two monsters hunting me:  A giant worm thing that cannot go indoors and is too soft to want to smash buildings, and a smaller, little rotting girl-thing.

And I have to dart from on building to another, but first have to get to a checkpoint that will make the giant go away long enough to get to the next building.
And inside, its dark and mouldy and the rottengirl is trying to hug me, for some reason.  And she's creepy/scary.  So I hide from her while scavenging for supplies and tools and occasionally meet this other creepy, not rottenevil girl who is just as scared of the monsters as I.

I woke up on level 03, and I have no name for this game I dream of.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 15, 2014, 11:53:24 am »

This one was weird.

So I guess I was some kind of janitor or something, sweeping up this auditorium for some kind of meeting.
So some tables are laid out, and people start coming in and sitting at them while I'm still working.
Suddenly, some people starting flipping out and screaming at each other.
Apparently, one of the tables is cursed, so that whoever sits at it is doomed to some kind of pain or whatever, and the person who was sitting at it reveals herself to be a witch, and starting throwing fireballs at some other woman, who also proclaims to be a witch, and retaliates with lightning bolts.
Naturally, I dive for some cover before these psychos annihilate the whole damn place.
I don't remember exactly what happened after that, but I found myself still laying on the ground, now covered with soot and ash.
So I get up, and see the whole place has been wrecked, but people are already putting the place back together, like nothing had happened, and nobody knew how it happened, they all thought someone has set off a bomb or something.
They didn't know it was some crazy witches.
I also found some dollar coins on the ground in random places.
For some reason, I thought "I have to tell someone this, but only someone I can trust, so the information of magic doesn't get out of control".
So the auditorium has been reassembled by now, and people are shuffling in as some guys goes up to the podium to start talking.
I sit down next to some emo dude. (I recognize him as a one of the vampires from an earlier dream where I killed him, but he's alive somehow) I tell him that I need to tell him something, but it needs to be kept secret. He says that after the meeting, we'll go somewhere to talk.
So we keep sitting there, as the guy at the podium goes on shouting something, and people are getting riled up.
I notice something.
All the guys in the place were clean-shaven when they first walking in, and now they're growing facial hair. Really fast.
I suddenly realize. Oh god, they're all werewolves, again!
So I tell my vampire buddy that we need to GTFO now, and we start heading out, as people begin turning to watch us, and I notice this large, fat, all black cat sitting by the podium, vomiting dollar coins.
So we get out, and head to the guy's house, which I recognize as the vampire's house from the earlier dream, again.
There's another vampire dude, but my buddy says he can be trusted to not tell.
So I begin to tell him about the witches and the cursed table and the return of magic, and then before I can really explain anything, I wake up.

That's not really the end, though.

I fall back asleep, and now I'm something different.
I'm some kind of small, winged imp, and I'm looking at this massive robed guy that I somehow know to be a warlock.
He grabs me with one hand, and holds me in front of him, and explains that every time something went wrong, I'd always say something like "Oh, that's bad", or "Oh, sorry", but I never actually say "I'm sorry" to him. I just stated it as an empty expression.
He demanded that I apologize expressly to him, and I had the feeling there was some kind of power in doing so, that I had been purposefully avoiding it.
He raised his other hand, and it was wreathed in blue flames, and he said that if I didn't say it, he would slowly destroy me over the course of eternity.
And then I woke up again.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 15, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »

I'm starting to mess around a little bit with the idea of dreaming by keeping a small personal log. It's hit or miss whether I remember anything, but who knows.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 15, 2014, 02:43:08 pm »

I'm starting to mess around a little bit with the idea of dreaming by keeping a small personal log. It's hit or miss whether I remember anything, but who knows.
Would that be log-journal or log-tree? I would assume journal, but if you are planning to keep a cut of wood that you carve your dreams into that's fine too

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 15, 2014, 03:15:12 pm »

When I had a nap today, I dreamt that I ate my shoes. I can't find them now. I'm honestly terrified.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 15, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »

When I had a nap today, I dreamt that I ate my shoes. I can't find them now. I'm honestly terrified.
In Thailand, they have jokes that when a fried squid is really tough and tasteless, it means that the vendor just ground up and fried shoes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 15, 2014, 06:01:39 pm »

In Thailand, they have jokes that when a fried squid is really tough and tasteless, it means that the vendor just ground up and fried shoes.
Is it actually possible for squid to be that bad? In my experience it's kind of one of those things you're hard pressed to get wrong.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 339