Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512745 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 30, 2012, 04:04:42 am »

So I had an interrupted dream. I can't remember shit of it, but that we were all sitting down reading this huge children's book, like the ones that are like 75cm tall, and discussing the different types of adipose tissue in the human body. (In real life, there's two. White and brown. Adults only have white.)

There was about forty different kinds of adipose tissue and we had to learn them all, and all I remembered was that ones was called 'Timid fat' and that it was somehow related to 'Proud flesh', the flesh inflamed after a cut has gone necrotic.

Then I saw some guy from my primary school and said "Hi!" and then I woke up.

Weird.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 30, 2012, 05:52:28 am »

Obviously your dream's telling you to track that person down.
He is on the verge of an amazing medical discovery related to human tissue structure, and will revolutionize the field of medicine if you're there in time to defend him from the shadowy paramilitary types who are planning to assassinate him before he can release his findings.
You have to find him, load him and his laboratory up into the back of a jeep along with guns and several hundred kg of ammunition and set off on an epic buddy-movie-road-trip-thing, dodging your pursuers, getting lost, getting the girl, having dramatic car chases and providing the audience with lots of yuks along the way.

Or maybe you should just say hi.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 30, 2012, 06:21:18 am »

Obviously your dream's telling you to track that person down.
He is on the verge of an amazing medical discovery related to human tissue structure, and will revolutionize the field of medicine if you're there in time to defend him from the shadowy paramilitary types who are planning to assassinate him before he can release his findings.
You have to find him, load him and his laboratory up into the back of a jeep along with guns and several hundred kg of ammunition and set off on an epic buddy-movie-road-trip-thing, dodging your pursuers, getting lost, getting the girl, having dramatic car chases and providing the audience with lots of yuks along the way.

Or maybe you should just say hi.

Either/both sound good. He's doing a Bachelor of Psychology last I heard.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #303 on: September 30, 2012, 07:35:29 am »

Dream about killing my father, he was quite pathetic the entire dream, more or less rejumbled memories of when I moved out last year, kinda getting annoying now.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #304 on: September 30, 2012, 08:03:19 am »

And today's dream was me looking for a shirt. Spoiler alert, I found a shirt. It was yellow.

Yup.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2012, 12:49:37 pm »

Multipart Dream:

First there's me playing a weird Sailor Moon videogame that oddly takes place in a city that has an eerie resemblance to my home town. We keep having to kill a really fat Tuxedo Mask in the game but we keep getting a game over and having to restart.

Then I'm in a car, and we're thinking how the clouds look really strange, being in single straight lines converging on a point. Then in seconds a massively violent tornado forms and picks us up before we can react. As we're sucked in and the intensely violent winds tears us apart, I can only think about "Really, this is how I'm going to die?" and I'm just filled with regret. This dream felt really realistic, down to the pain I was feeling and how I imagine dying feels, which is just all your senses fading out.

Then I'm in this odd lodge next to a train tracks. The train passing by that's carrying these multi-ton tankers of fuel explode and kill me and everyone else inside. But I wake up and I'm in the lodge again, and apparently I've been given this weird Groundhogs day power where whenever I die, or someone else dies, time just rewinds itself 24 hours. I can't remember all the dream, but apparently I eventually just lose my sanity as I just do whatever I want and then kill someone to undo everything to do it all over again.

EDIT: Also, this power was given to me by bizarre undercover time cops, and eventually I could activate it manually by tapping on my eyes. Forgot about that part.

And then I wake up.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2012, 02:28:44 am »

Multi-phase moviesque nightmare: (wall of text!)

Basically I'm in my flat and I'm looking out of the windows, and then I say to my very old classmate-friend (from primary school) 'hey look, those bushes look like faces!' The friend doesn't pay attention but the faces soon turn to look at me, grin, I hear the phrase 'soon!' and when my friend at last looks through window, the faces are gone.
Next part of the same dream was that there was evening, and me and my friend were chased by the faces. My friend was wounded but I don't know how and how badly he was wounded. At one point, as we hear the ghosts' giggling and laughing getting closer and louder, I call out for my neighbour, 'R', who pulls us inside and we find out that my girl-cousin is then as well, and we were all experiencing the ghostly manifests.

Then we run through several corridors and rooms, trying to outrun the ghosts, and suddenly we end in a small valley with forested hills on our sides and behind us. Very steep hills so we couldn't run away. The ghosts manifest in front of us, four of them - girl, young man, slightly older man and middle-aged man.

They start to torture us with controlled electric discharges and ghostly touch that feels like extreme cold. My girl-cousin is burned by white fire looking like horizontal thunder, and then ghosts soon finish the rest of us. The pain... actually, I felt the pain. Not really pain, but I clearly felt unpleasant things 'scorching' my shoulders and face.

Then I have flash-back like experience that I don't control. It even had the orange/brownish shade all over other coloring, and scenery is clearly outdoors, some forest or something like that. In this flashback, there's some a gathering of military people - me, my 'team' (neighbour, old school friend, girl-cousin) and aforementioned group of ghosts who are very well alive. During the talk (which was very quiet) I somehow learn that the youngest two of other soldiers are siblings and/or lovers and that the middle-aged man is our general. We then shoot the other team to death, and we run away.

Next phase, me and my friend are at my university, having Greek Literature classes. The time quickly passes as the 'ghosts' do poltergeist stuff and throw/misplace/push some stuff, and my professor is totally unfazed. Soon it is evening and the ghosts manifest at us, so we run to a sideroom which is also someone's bedroom. Here we meet my girl cousin again and 'R' the neighbour is missing.

We have a smalltalk about the ghosts and my girl-cousin says that because they are ghosts, they are clearly susceptible to... 'insert name here' common chemical substance. I don't know what it was: looked like some kind of dark blue ink, but my cousin said it was like H2O2, your common wound treatment and bleach.

The ghosts barge in and thanks to the 'substance', my girl-cousin managed to burn away half of the girl ghost. However, our vistory quickly turned into defeat as the 3-and-half of ghosts burn, electrocute and freeze us to death. Just before they team against me to kill me, I glanced around and notice that we're back at the valley surrounded by forested slopes.

There was the flashback again, but very short and I haven't learned anything from it, I think?

I'm alive again, but this time, only me and my friend were there (I can only theoretize now that with each resurrection, one of my 'group' is killed for good and rest gets revived), in a classroom which was turned into tactical room - there was this general of paranormal unit, and there was map of China and Mongolia, with several northern provinces dotted with pins.

We talk with the general and suddenly the girl-ghost manifests on the other side of the table. I say to the general 'Can you see her? She is right there, do you see her!' The general nods and the girl giggles before dissappearing. Then, we have smalltalk about some missing soldiers and four spots on the map form a cross - the meeting point of the lines was, according to the general, some valley with forested hill-sides, and we agree that the mysterious ghosts and our past (the soldier killings from flashback) must be connected to that.

That's all - I was woken up by my mother because I missed my alarm clock which never happened before.
That was propably the most vivid, horrific and detailed nightmare I had - of course I forgot half of the details between waking up and writing that here on forums.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:44:01 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2012, 02:49:59 am »

Whoa, dude. :o Very interesting!

I had some dreams this morning/afternoon, but I forgot them in the time it took me to drag my lazy arse to wakefulness.
They probably weren't that exciting, anyhow! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2012, 03:15:23 am »

I'm still angry at my mother, though :I

If the dream was so powerful to make me slip through my (loud) alarm clock, then my mind prolyl wanted me to sleep through all of it. But nooo, I had to be woken up.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:13 am »

Aww always sucks to be woken up from awesome dreams D:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2012, 12:36:36 pm »

At least you remembered most of it. :( I tend to forget my dream when I'm woken abruptly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2012, 12:40:08 pm »

This dream felt really realistic, down to the pain I was feeling and how I imagine dying feels, which is just all your senses fading out.
I have one, just one recurring dream that is like this. It follows the same pattern - something happens, results in lung injury. Splintered rib cage, stab wound or lungs rupturing. Ow ow ow ow.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2012, 12:44:04 pm »

At least you remembered most of it. :( I tend to forget my dream when I'm woken abruptly.

Because I have 'dream notebook' right at my night table. When the dream is interesting, I just grab the notebook and start writing down details.

Helps a lot because 5 minutes later I remember barely anything except general dream idea :P
SigFlags!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 02, 2012, 01:14:38 pm »

I remember being in a dream-thread before, but this is the top-most (and most recent looking, indeed still current!) one that I've seen, and while all day I've been too busy to properly put finger to keyboard on this subject (at least), I still feel (at the end of the day) that an aspect of last night's dreams was strange enough to mention.

First of all, it was the usual hotch-potch of multi-storyline dream, that I tend to have, and further tempered by time.  Accordingly, don't expect to see much structure to the following prose, which necessarily skips over a lot of detail (both forgotten, and remembered but considered even less relevant than the rest of what is reported).

There's some largely irrelevant and standard elements.  At one point I'm the guy in the underground lair (or at least observing them, in close 3rd person, and probably switching 1st and 3rd person arbitrarily) where some large cavern is being outfitted with machinery and structures in something that seemed a bit Minecrafty, to my mind (later, when I thought about it), even though it's been a while since I've MCed.  Probably some DF in there too.  And some Kerbal Space Program, too.

Switch to above the underground cavern, and there's a party going on in the flat (US translation: apartment) thereupon, where I might now be Russian (unless I was just observing the wrong character, the one that wasn't actually me, feh...), and there was some strange thing about throwing a pair of dice whenever anything was taken from the fridge.  (That's simplifying that little game.  It, of course, made no sense.)

At various times, as the action moves back and forth in my traditionally disorganied dream-sequences, I'm also walking, or otherwise travelling, around the great outdoors.  On one occasion I went along a certain road, to find that I couldn't quite get to where I wanted to get to (c.f. Geohashing).  Along the way, the map I'm using shows an area off to one side where apparently a set of 'back to basics' people, a bit like a Hippy Commune, had (I'm told, by someone I can't remember) had claimed an old watermill and would permit people to go via their land if they could explain why they should be allowed to.  (Im actually not sure if this 'scene' was part of last nights' dream, or not, because when I first woke I was convinced that it was a previous nights' dream that this area was laid out in my imagination.)

Later on, at the end of the dream, I'm back on another walk (although that's often seamless with other modes of transport, in my dreams... I'm used to that) when I realise that I need to cross that land, so I approach the watermill (the same place, although now, apparently, transformed into a canal-side cottage, with where a lane had previously run perpendicular across the fields, now a very main road and a heavy-duty mechanical bridge-type thing that either let the canal boats go over the road, or the road across the canal...  the dream was hazy enough on the subject, never mind the numerous hours passed since awakening).

At the door to the mill, I found myself face-to-face with a hippy lady of some description who asked if I wanted anything, and, of course, I want to walk across the land (and bridge the canal, and walk across this road, as well, that definitely wasn't there before), and so starts a question and answer phase...

Except that I just couldn't think of anything intelligent to say.  It wasn't just my 'umm'ing ad 'ahh'ing to the hippy woman, in response to her questions, but she just couldn't think of anything to ask me.  My imagination just had nowhere to go, it seems.  And then I did a mental shrug of my shoulders and woke up.  No alarms had woken me, nothing had clattered outside in the street, and it wasn't (as it sometimes is, for me) the time I should be waking up, regardless of whether I'd set my alarm or not.

I just can't remember that happening before.  Given the dynamic nature of the "screenplay" behind my dreams, I can drift in and out of consciousness (even when I've had enough sleep) and go in and out of varied episodes with ease, even.

Oh, and, yes... unless I'm currently dreaming, I'm fairly sure that I actually woke up at that point.  But I have "dreamt that I've woken up" before, so...  well, who knows...  ;)

Anyway, as to the rest of the thread, I probably need to read it, if only to see off-topic I've gone.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 02, 2012, 03:38:16 pm »

Wow, that was...odd.

My dream went like this:

I was alone in a large shopping center, like a mall, but no designed like any mall I'er ever seen. Doors to nowhere, escalators all over the damn place. I knew something was stalking me...but I also knew it wanted me to know it was there. I could hear the click of claws on linoleum, and I could smell it, a weird, foresty, musky smell. There were TV screens everywhere, like everywhere, and they suddenly flickered to life. And they were all showing images of my flat. I went "Shit, I'm in Persona 4". Then I hear "I am you. You are me. I am your shadow" In a growly sort of voice. I'm sure you know where this is going. Boss fight music starts, and I turn around. And wouldn't you know it, giant fucking demon wolf. Like seven feet tall at the shoulder. Spikes al his back, his fur a weird combination of red and black. I wish I could say I had an epic boss fight or something, but "you are 6'1 and 145 lbs" was soldily in effect. It knocked me over effortlessly, and bit down on my arm. Everything went black.

I come to in a forest. The moon is not only full, it is a bright orange, y'know, like a harvest moon? One painful transformation later, I am loping through the forest, just feeling the joy of being. I know I've talked about it alot, but it feels so zod damn good. Just endless energy, and the body to use it with. I can only imagine that it is what it feels like to take cocaine (Hans, can you help me out here :P?) It's...euphoric and I really should go talk to someone about that. OH, and I killed a few hikers but that's what they get for being in the middle of the woods during a full moon in psychosurreal world. The rest isn't really worth commenting on, except I decapitated someone I am pretty sure was Descan, since everyone obviously looks like their avatar, right?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 339