Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512680 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:00 pm »

Great Wolf Rises.

Pretty fitting for you, right?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »

Great Wolf Rises.

Pretty fitting for you, right?

Damn you subconscious! :shakefist:

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2012, 10:03:09 pm »

Oh dear. It appears that either your subconscious is acting up or a wolf demon is possessing you, bit by bit. You probably have until the next full moon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2012, 01:22:51 am »

Last thing I saw before I dowsed off was that memethread and it made me have meme dreams, damn internet making me have nightmares.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2012, 10:14:31 am »

I had a weird dream that involved me zooming around the cosmos. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee~
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2012, 11:53:03 am »

I dreamed of making Icarus fall. Good dream.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2012, 12:48:26 pm »

Last night was weird. Me and another large group of people were hiding in a bomb shelter from one of those destructive meteor showers you only ever see in the movies. Eventually we constructed some airplanes out of junk and flew out of there. There were also some people with supernatural powers (though I wasn't among them) who were essentially minor, benevolent deities.

Oh, and somewhere in there a humanoid robot learned the value of Friendship and stopped wanting to kill all humans.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2012, 04:39:25 pm »

I just had a rather odd dream which ended with Sheldon Cooper being kidnapped by Catwoman and waking up strapped into this nasty-looking mechanical torture chair on orders of some shady company he'd been investigating... :o

There was more to the dream than that, though. I think it started off with my mother and I visiting some city/town place, touring around and going to these walking paths. (I don't remember them very well, I think they were run by some family or something? And they were kindof more rural/isolated than the main city?)
We walked along those, and then went to another, older one, which had been designed/run by this nasty old woman who had died, and it was now falling into dangerous disrepair. I pointed out that it was too dangerous, falling apart, but Mum was determined that we checked it out. 
For some reason I (think I) ended up going alone, walking along this creaking, rickety boardwalk of unpainted, dead grey wood. There was all sorts of debris scattered around amongst a few scraggly grey gumtrees; dilapidated furniture, shelves and stuff, along with a few abandoned pots of paint and various maintenance tools.

Eventually, as I reached the end of the 'trail'(it was really a boardwalk, sort of ascending as it went along. It's hard to describe but it kindof turned into steps to go up a bit of a hill, and there were higher walkways around it towards the end. The whole thing was surrounded by empty-looking buildings; it had a sort of 'abandoned amusement park' feel), I discovered (or was discovered by?) this crazy old guy in some sort of jumpsuit, carrying a rifle.

Apparently he had been the groundskeeper of the place when it was in working order, and he still lived out there for some reason. I found out, though, that his saner brother also was out there, working on something. That struck me as odd, and I think this was the point where I started to get suspicious of the company running the place.
I don't remember quite what he talked to me about, but he chattered on for a while, I think it came out he was a shell-shocked veteran of something-or-other and told me to tell Mum something. (I don't remember what. I think it was some kinda old-people injoke or somethin', dunno.)

At one point, maybe as I was about to leave, he fired his rifle towards his brother, who had his back to us at some kindof workb-bench. The brother, used to this and knowing he wouldn't aim to hit, simply turned slowly around and gave him a stern look before going back to work.
So eventually I made my way back out of there, leaving the mad old groundskeeper wandering the boardwalk, told Mum whatever the message was and then we went back to exploring the city, me with my suspicions about the place.

Now I can't remember the next bit very well, I'm desperately trying to type this out before the memory fades, but somewhere (maybe near that boardwalk?) there was this old, small motel or similiar, all abandoned-looking and shabby, which was used as the set of this failing sitcom. Naturally, this being a dream it was utterly batshit insane, like some kindof family of anthromorphic mouse people were characters along with some sort of sugar-obsessed person, possibly with superpowers, who created this weird, incredibly sugary and unhealthy drink. Or maybe it was ice cream, hell if I know.

Sheldon Cooper was involved somehow too, but sadly I really don't remember how he came into it. Maybe he had a seperate storyline at first? I vaguely remember him walking along beside a busy road with some people and freaking out when cars passed too close to him. Or maybe I was just watching Big Bang Theory at some point during the dream.
But the point is, eventually for some reason he started sharing my suspicions about this company who ran the boardwalks and that sitcom, they were definitely up to something.

Damnit, I really can't remember much more. I believe Catwoman used the dubious, volatile sugar-drink from the show to drug him* as she kidnapped him, and then once he woke up trapped in the chair she was talking, being incredibly suggestive, cooing at him and I think she told him it was a bad idea to meddle with [EVIL COMPANY]. As she teased him, Sheldon naturally had absolutely no grasp of what was going on, and asked to be untied because his "hands are sore,".
That was about where I woke up, with Catwoman rather bemused at this strange guy she was supposed to be torturing and killing, and Sheldon righteously indignant. I'm still not sure just what [EVIL COMPANY] had in-store for me. Unless maybe I was Sheldon at that point in the dream? That seems doubtful, since I can remember watching the scene with amusement. Oh well, I barely remember it now. :-\ Still, it was an entertaining dream.

Edit: *I just remembered, she actually used some other, more 'normal' substance to drug him, and then told him when he woke up how he was lucky she hadn't used the sugary stuff. Apparently it was fairly lethal or something, I dunno.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:42:19 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2012, 08:02:18 pm »

I was fighting zombies and freerunning all damn night...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »

Full moon in a few days. I'll keep ya posted.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2012, 08:15:04 pm »

Full moon in a few days. I'll keep ya posted.
Good luck.
Sig! Onol

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2012, 09:13:54 pm »

Had a using dream last night. It is so trippy. Getting high in the dream actually gets you high. Like, all the feelings are there. I was high. Then I woke up. How disappointing this was. Although, it did mean I wasn't going to prison, so there's that. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »

You got caught using in your dream... sound about right.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2012, 10:18:29 pm »

You got caught using in your dream... sound about right.

Oh, I didn't get caught. I thought, "Shit, I'ma have to test soon. Maybe I can dilute..." Then I woke up.

And to be honest, I could beat the drug testing, but I've got more honor than that.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 339