Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512630 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »

Hmmm.... I just had a dream where I was killing the crap out of some Japanese ghosts before they killed the crap out of my family. Horrible part? I WOKE UP BEFORE I FINISHED THE JOB D:

They're still out there...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:08 pm »

Once had a dream where I was some guy who was not me and wore lots of hoodies. In said dream the X men and Teenage mutant ninja turtles were the first casualties of an alien invasion with the aliens being able to inject a poison that turned the victim into a greyskinned berserker. And then the invasion was stopped with the guy I was getting engaged to the alien princess. The weird bit is that I didn't even know about that type of anime until years later...  XD
It's FEF, not FEOF

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2012, 08:15:28 am »

So no comments on my lovecraftian surreal horror mindfuck two pages ago?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2012, 08:22:58 am »

No-one is really surprised at anything you post anymore.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2012, 08:25:58 am »

I've started having dreams about some nasty fucked up monsters. Problem is, they all seem to be aspects of my personality taken to the extreme. I've got a psychopathic shadow beast to deal with, along with a suit of armour that punishes the breaking of laws that noone knows about. I've also got to be careful around the doctor with the blue-within-blue eyes. He destroys any and all corruption. The dreams are sort of lucid, but most of the denizens are pretty uncontrollable. Sometimes I can team up with a few, like Sha'de (word on his sword) and a bunch of other guys who are usually nice, but the bad parts of my mind are REALLY hard to beat. And thats not even mentioning the things from outside. I can never win in my dreams. Just hold them all back a little longer.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2012, 08:52:33 am »

My brother used to have a king-sized bed that I slept in whenever he was gone while we were in middle school, and I was small enough that I couldn't touch the floor with my toes if I was sitting on the end of it. I had a dream while I was sleeping in it that there was a tiny brown spider crawling over the blanket towards my face. It was an out of body experience so I was watching the spider as it slowly walked towards me, and somehow I knew it was venomous and that I would die once it bit me. I was sleeping right on the edge of the bed (in the dream), and right when the spider was going to bite me I rolled off the bed and landed on the floor. Then I fell off the bed again. And again. I kept falling off the bed even though I had already fallen. My point of view kept switching from watching myself fall, to my own eyes as the floor rushed up at me. Once I stopped falling I was back on the bed, this time awake and seeing through my own eyes. The little brown spider was curled up in the centre of my blanket and I was watching it. I stared for a short time and then looked straight up at the wall that my bed was against. There was a gigantic black spider just sitting there, watching me as it clung to the wall.

Thats when I woke up. My left arm was holding onto the mattress and my right arm and leg were holding me up. Essentially I was clinging to the side of the bed just like the black spider, and it kind of creeped me out once I thought about it. When I took a shower that same morning a green spider was hanging from the ceiling by its web and nearly landed in my hair. To this day I still double-check the ceiling of the bathroom for spiders.

I semi-consciously suspect that at least some of the more profound dreams are completely made up. Hmm.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:54:39 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:30 am »

What? Why?

Am i really the personalisation of chaos?
So many people have told me stuff like "Your fucking my mind, shut up!" or "You are the king of random! Where do you get that shit from?"
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Me as I read Xantalos' wall of text.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2012, 09:23:47 am »

What? Why?

Am i really the personalisation of chaos?
So many people have told me stuff like "Your fucking my mind, shut up!" or "You are the king of random! Where do you get that shit from?"
To be fair, I think it was better than mine...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2012, 12:46:51 pm »

Man, I never have awesome dreams anymore.  I just had one last night where I yet again was losing teeth.  Supposedly these dreams are caused by anxiety, which makes sense since I worry about pretty much everything at least a little.

However, this time when my tooth was loose, I thought to myself, "You know what?  I'm tired of you being loose in my mouth, you stupid tooth," and pulled it out before it fell out.

I'm totally going with that meaning that I'm taking control of my anxieties.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2012, 01:20:20 am »

Me and two of my friends were playing minecraft, only we were in the game as opposed to controlling characters in it. One of us finds a ruin of some sort and we dug our way into it, eventually finding a long descending staircase. We descend this staircase (surprise surprise) and loot every room we find along the sides. Apon reaching the bottom we enter the eating area of a chinese restaurant, which we again procede to loot. Opening a door in the restaurant reveals a dojo (Sometime along this exploring and looting, the rooms stopped being blocky and started being realistic) with a bunch of people standing in a circle. They seem hostile right off the bat, so we start backing up. No sooner do we start backing away then they start walking towards us telling us we cant leave. I suggest we try and fight them off as we back up the stairs, but unfortunately my dream didnt give me any fighting skills so that doesn't work. I Tackle one of these people and start strangling them, but it doesn't seem to be working and she starts trying to convince me to join them. She almost persuades me to join them but then I snap out of it and back off, but by now we are surrounded and have no means of escape. I run to the kitchen area and pick up some knifes to defend myself and suggest we start throwing stuff at these people. That too fails and by the time I give up on that the hostiles now have knifes as well, and my friends have now locked themselves in another room leaving me alone in a room full of knife weilding martial artists. I drop everything and book it back up the stairs, only to be blocked as there is a guy waiting above me. I dart into a side room, block the door and kick out a window as I now seem to be in a 3rd story room. I kick out the window and jump out. Then I wake up. Messed up dream or what?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2012, 11:33:50 pm »

Don't often remember my dreams these days, but still remember a recurring one I had as a kid. Being trapped on a dock like maze, WITH FOG and surrounded by a wall of masks everywhere I look.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2012, 12:44:36 pm »

lets see where to start...
There was one where I was a mage and I had to kill some evil witch, but her sons were her body guards. I killed them pretty easily but then when I fought the witch she resisted every spell I threw at her, except for one: polymorph. I transformed her to a frog, then killed her by stabbing her repeatedly with a pencil.
Another one, I don't remember much of it except the end, I was laying in a bath tub staring out of the water at a big man in a dark hooded cloak, then i woke up gasping for air. That guy in the cloak used to be in a lot of my dreams, but that was the most recent dream he's been in and that was like 4 years ago, I actually miss him because he was always there in my dreams, like a childhood friend, even though i was terrified of him.
I've also had dreams that ended with me being shot by Nazis, hit in the head with a brick, driving off a cliff, drowning, getting impaled on a spear then roasted on a fire, and one time I was tortured to death by my girl friend.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2012, 12:47:44 pm »

I had my first "oh dear I'm in a public place completely naked" dream. It was a wall-mart esque store though, so I just went and picked up a heavy coat from one of the aisles.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2012, 12:57:41 pm »

I had my first "oh dear I'm in a public place completely naked" dream. It was a wall-mart esque store though, so I just went and picked up a heavy coat from one of the aisles.
I imagine dream-Kaijyuu just wondering what to do, you know, after solving the dream dilemma *rather* easily.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 339