Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: My father  (Read 4194 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: My father
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 08:31:29 pm »

Post a Combat Log.

Post the world gen files.

As I lead this evidently enraged daughter to her mother, We happened to stumble upon a random hatch in the ground... I'm not exactly sure what it was, I bisected it before I looked

You went through it?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

naknak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

As I lead this evidently enraged daughter to her mother, We happened to stumble upon a random hatch in the ground... I'm not exactly sure what it was, I bisected it before I looked

You went through it?

Bad wording. I meant I went through it but was attacked. I killed the creature before I thought about examining it. Also, what do you mean by the world gen files?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:55:04 pm by naknak »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 08:56:41 pm »

If you look in the raws of the save you can find the files that dictate the world gen seed, as well as the history seed and other such goodies. You MAY have to use export on it first, I'm pretty new to looking around in the raws but that seems to be what triggers it showing up in my experience....or something
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 08:59:44 pm »

You went through it?

Bad wording. I meant I went through it but was attacked. I killed the creature before I thought about examining it. Also, what do you mean by the world gen files?
Too bad, but anyway:

To export the world gen file, make a copy of the save and go into legends mode, there should be an option within that exports the world-gen information into a text document in your dwarf fortress folder.  Post what is within that here.

If you look in the raws of the save you can find the files that dictate the world gen seed, as well as the history seed and other such goodies. You MAY have to use export on it first, I'm pretty new to looking around in the raws but that seems to be what triggers it showing up in my experience....or something

I think you first have to do what I said, but check this first.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

naknak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 09:13:34 pm »

I figured it out. Which ones are you interested in?

naknak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 09:26:59 pm »

I read through the mother's history. Her daughter shot and killed her while I was fighting with the rest of her gang. I can just imagine what emotional scarring there is

BillyTheKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 03:06:42 am »

no! all bandits must be punished!

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 04:17:09 am »

Dwarf Fortress, characters written by BioWare.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »

Apparently everyone is watching the Kill Your Family show, cookie if you watched Yu-gi-oh Abridged enough to know what I'm talking about. Entire jare if you post a pic of it :P (my browser search is messed up so I can't)

I LOVE THAT SHOW

AL_

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
    • Storm2D
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 03:58:22 am »

I've encountered something similar a while ago too. Unfortunately, the world it occurred in has since been lost.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They draft new soldiers every other week so that on the off chance that an adventurer comes by there will be a large army of people openly willing to defect to his cause.

Bureaucracy.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 06:14:37 pm »

Older brother doesn't have the same ring to it.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 08:22:31 pm »

While I didn't get a quest like this in adventure mode, one thing that happened in my fortress game was when my dwarves were dropping like flies, and everyone was tantruming like crazy. All I had left were 4 dwarves, 2 of which were children, they were brother and sister, and while their mom had already died, the father was still alive, so there was a family of the father, son, and daughter, and my completly unrelated expidition leader.

In the midst of the tantrum spiral, the dad killed the leader during a tantrum with a punch to the head, making him the new leader, then, just a minute later, he went missing, I looked around and couldn't find him, then I checked his sons status, no kill list, then the daughters...

She had murdered her own father, and orphaned herself and her brother, completely alone with no adults in the fortress.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 10:30:28 am »

While I didn't get a quest like this in adventure mode, one thing that happened in my fortress game was when my dwarves were dropping like flies, and everyone was tantruming like crazy. All I had left were 4 dwarves, 2 of which were children, they were brother and sister, and while their mom had already died, the father was still alive, so there was a family of the father, son, and daughter, and my completly unrelated expidition leader.

In the midst of the tantrum spiral, the dad killed the leader during a tantrum with a punch to the head, making him the new leader, then, just a minute later, he went missing, I looked around and couldn't find him, then I checked his sons status, no kill list, then the daughters...

She had murdered her own father, and orphaned herself and her brother, completely alone with no adults in the fortress.

Happens to me unusually often during fortress mode too, somehow it's always kids that's left and at least one of them's punched someone's head in.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 11:39:55 pm »

Happens to me unusually often during fortress mode too, somehow it's always kids that's left and at least one of them's punched someone's head in.

The worst I've ever had was a single baby, not even a child, left abandoned in an old mine shaft as the only member of my fortress...
before a zombie dog found it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 02:50:43 am »

When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 [2] 3