Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tantrum Training  (Read 3556 times)

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Re: Tantrum Training
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »

So, basically, above-ground fighting pits filled to the brim with puppies and one incredibly pissy, naked dorf each?

> Armok and many others like this.

Yes, I have noticed that they level up quickly too, seeing how they are getting combat skill from fighting.
Also it more conventional than danger rooms because you can get rid of pets you dont want
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

melphel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:59 pm »

Does the dwarf have to tantrum in order to get fighting experience?  I thought they would retaliate automatically in such a situation.  Even if they didn't retaliate, they should still get armor and dodger exp, right?

Pushing them all the way to tantrum sounds risky.  I would be worried that they would not calm down and die, or be set off again soon after being released and cause trouble.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 11:00:14 pm »

Being attacked will get you defensive skill regardless of the source (although this is probably disabled if you're unconscious, much like you get no experience for beating on unconscious things, but I'd find it hilarious to be proven wrong).  So you'll get dodger skill and armor user skill from being attacked by tantrumers, or animals lashing out, no problem.  You'll also get weapon skill for parrying such attacks, I'm pretty sure.

And yeah, I'd expect pushing dwarves to tantrum for any lengthy period would mostly result in insane dwarves.  The results in the meantime should be most entertaining though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 12:58:22 am »

Posting to watch.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »

I did science, a 2x3 room will do for use...
I drop 5 puppies in there with a in there with a insane dwarf with a sword.
He became a Novice Swordsdwarf.. So maybe we can use that for a base of skill gain,.

I unleashed him on 3 captive gobins that have swords
He killed all 3 and is missing a arm.

Too bad I cant science him some moar
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 04:43:35 pm »

Just mod out dwarven arms, load, go 1 step, save, mod arms back in again and viola! Good as new!

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »

Just mod out dwarven arms, load, go 1 step, save, mod arms back in again and viola! Good as new!
already done
also, he is now a talented swordsdwarf
Pages: 1 [2]