Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 563085 times)

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #825 on: October 07, 2012, 02:46:36 am »

Please dwarf me.

Name: Sabretache
Profession: Any sort of Military (Preferably Melee)
Profession Name: Charr Captain
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:49:45 am by Sabretache »
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 07, 2012, 08:39:03 am »

The problem is that we'd end with ultra-slow and unhappy dorfs since vampires don't drink at all, yet are still suffer from booze-withdrawl. Besides, vampires belong in walled-off 1x1 rooms.

We could perform horrific genetic engineering experiments to correct that defect. For !!SCIENCE!!

((Read: We could change the RAWS. FOR SCIENCE!))

Vampires can't be modded. And even if they could, the tokens that cause dorfs to need booze can't be removed by interactions. Only way would be to turn dwarfs into small bearded humans, and no one wants that.

And NCommander, it doesn't count as booze.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 07, 2012, 12:43:48 pm »

You betcha. We're getting pretty close to the point where boring, undorfed dwarf citizens will start being a thing, so more dorfs are always welcome.

Now I know what it feels like the be touched by the Battlefailed curse. No real life distractions whatsoever, yet I appear to be suffering from a minor mental implosion while trying to describe the things that happened during my turn. I'm sure I'll still finish, but it won't be pretty.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 07, 2012, 05:04:56 pm »

The problem is that we'd end with ultra-slow and unhappy dorfs since vampires don't drink at all, yet are still suffer from booze-withdrawl. Besides, vampires belong in walled-off 1x1 rooms.

I believe they'll feed on anything (including animals) who are unconsciousnesses, and I think if they feed, it counts at booze. I've been meaning to try to find a way to have a vegan vampire fort, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

If all the important dorfs are vampires, then having them drain Urist McSoapmaker #20000 only helps matters, assuming all the bedrooms are in the nonreanimating fortress area...Oh...
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #829 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:49 pm »

Woot!!

Dwarfed, finally!  Been a while since I've been on the forums so I may be late.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 08, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

Loving this new Battlefailed installment so far!

If possible, I would like to request a dorf.  Female, and please enable jewelry labors on her.  If one makes it alive into the fort, of course. XD

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 08, 2012, 11:11:33 pm »

Armok's beard!  What happened to me?  How am I alive, with all of my bodyparts broken?
Also, high voice?  My voice is deep and imposing!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 09, 2012, 11:22:37 am »

Your collar bone is crushing your throat. Now all you can say is "Eep eep eep!"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26:01 am »

Your collar bone is crushing your throat. Now all you can say is "Eep eep eep!"

Gizogin?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 11, 2012, 09:47:07 am »

Armok's beard!  What happened to me?  How am I alive, with all of my bodyparts broken?
Also, high voice?  My voice is deep and imposing!
Let's just say you were very, very lucky.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry folks, took a 3 day break from the fortress because it was physically melting my brain. But things are back on track now, and there will probably be an update today. Probably.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:49:36 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

daskeit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 11, 2012, 12:46:42 pm »

Hello all. I just finished reading Battlefailed, Failcannon, and Hellcannon, and now I've just finished reading the story of Horrorfailed thus far. And well, the stories are epic. I didn't expect it to still be going on, either. You guys are awesome. On a personal level, I also especially enjoyed SethCreiyd, CatalystParadox, and ThatAussieGuy's updates. Thanks.

I've come out of lurking -- actually just registered an account -- because I had something I thought might be worth contributing, since Andreus and Robocorn were asking for one earlier in the thread: I wrote a short introduction to the Failsaga, primarily built around the metaplot. Since the aim is to provide an overview, I've omitted a LOT of material, so please excuse me if I've left out something you thought should totally be included. Since I'm coming in from the outside, as it were, I'm also totally okay with having the story amended: feel free to take it and run with it, and make something better of it.

It's also not entirely complete. I haven't included the founding of Horrorfailed, mostly because I'm waiting to see how the story here links back to the previous three fortresses.

Prelude: The World-Tree

The Story of Battlefailed

The Story of Failcannon

The Story of Hellcannon

...I can't seem to get this to preview to see if I got the formatting and all that right, so I'm going to post this and hope for the best, and edit errors out from there.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 11, 2012, 01:34:39 pm »

Hello all. I just finished reading Battlefailed, Failcannon, and Hellcannon, and now I've just finished reading the story of Horrorfailed thus far. And well, the stories are epic. I didn't expect it to still be going on, either. You guys are awesome. On a personal level, I also especially enjoyed SethCreiyd, CatalystParadox, and ThatAussieGuy's updates. Thanks.

I've come out of lurking -- actually just registered an account -- because I had something I thought might be worth contributing, since Andreus and Robocorn were asking for one earlier in the thread: I wrote a short introduction to the Failsaga, primarily built around the metaplot. Since the aim is to provide an overview, I've omitted a LOT of material, so please excuse me if I've left out something you thought should totally be included. Since I'm coming in from the outside, as it were, I'm also totally okay with having the story amended: feel free to take it and run with it, and make something better of it.

It's also not entirely complete. I haven't included the founding of Horrorfailed, mostly because I'm waiting to see how the story here links back to the previous three fortresses.

The Story of Failcannon

The Story of Hellcannon

...I can't seem to get this to preview to see if I got the formatting and all that right, so I'm going to post this and hope for the best, and edit errors out from there.

That was truly amazing. Huzzah!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 11, 2012, 02:12:01 pm »

Yes, I agree. That was very well done.

I really liked the prelude. It definitely reminded me of a lot of world creation myths.

Granted though that must have been one hell of an epic carp. The true terror of the deep, king of the final sea.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:14:12 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 11, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »

The Story of Failcannon

The Story of Hellcannon

That was truly amazing. Huzzah!

Truly is. My only problem with this is that you called the Failday Device by it's old name, the Strategic Ghost Emitter.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 11, 2012, 03:19:27 pm »

:-O  oh my, you have put my name in with some august company there... Thank you!
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 136