Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54127 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #345 on: September 08, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »

You find nothing more valuable than a bunch of rocks.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 08, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »

Troy let out a breath after the creature fell to the ground. He pushed his baton back into it's smaller state and slipped it back into his pocket and picked up his bow again.

"Best to move onward. Watch the ceiling, the last one dropped down from there."

Seeing Rain tend to Ethan's injuries, he took the moment to search for the expended ammunition they fired.

Search Roll (Take 10): 12

After collecting the spent ammo, proceed downwards with everyone else.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2012, 01:15:33 pm »

You proceed dowanwards

The air is dank with the smell of rust and decay, a swirling, moldering sent that infuses everything. The tunnel bottoms out into the remains of some sort of pre war structure, that you haven't seen before. Two sets of parallel metal rails run down a tunnel to the side of a platform of some sort. A booth sits next to the tunnel. The area appears to be deserted.

There is the passageway you have come form here.
There is a tunnel here.
There is a doorway here.

What do you do?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2012, 01:46:47 pm »

Check the doorway first.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 10, 2012, 01:58:03 pm »

Check the booth.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 10, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »

The doorway is sealed by an old metal shutter. It looks wedged in there pretty good, and could be hard to remove.

There is a skeleton in the booth.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 10, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »

"Well, hell-o.  What have we here?"[/billy d williams voice]  Rain has no clue what these metal rails are but she likes what she see's.  It looks like hundreds of yards of high-grade steel rods in the making, just waiting for someone to cut them up and walk off with.  If only she had a blowtorch and knew where to get her hands on a lathe... these beauties would be priceless with the right tools.

Rain walks along the rails, looking for any spots where damage might have rendered a valuable piece of scrap easy to pry loose with the tools she has at hand.  If she finds any she will note the location to get when they leave.

Search Roll:
1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 10, 2012, 06:47:25 pm »

"Checking if there is anything useful before we leave." Ethan said, looking around the place and the booth and finding nothing.

((Failed search roll, 1d20+2 → [2,2] = (4)))

"Does anyone here have an objection against trying to use brute force to open the door?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 10, 2012, 06:53:31 pm »

Kat smiled-Rain had found some juicy loot, she knew the look.

She wondered what the rails were used for. Some sort of road, maybe...

She looked at Ethan.

"None, but can we sort of kill the flesh eating Mutants before we start loudly banging on metal doors? I'm as much a scraphound as anyone, but we can't afford to be distracted here till the jobs done." she said quietly.

Action: Look at the door close-does it look rusted shut? Or was is jammed shut fairly recently?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 10, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

Ethan scratched the back of his head with a puzzled look, as if Kat had completely missed the mark.

"I'm not aiming for loot." he whispered back. "If it was wedged shut recently, it might have some kind of importance, so I'm asking beforehand so you just don't think I decided to bash a closed door for no reason after I examine it."

Take a look at the area near the door.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #355 on: September 10, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »

Paprika frowns at the mysterious door, blocked off by a metal shutter. Curiosity calls!

1d20+2=8

She tries to open the metal shutter, but fails. She delivers a kick to it in frustration and or spite and turns away, huffing. "That door has no right to be heavy," she mutters.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 10, 2012, 11:30:14 pm »

Kat looked at Paprika wordlessly as the sound of the metal clanging from her boot echoed down through the tunnel.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 10, 2012, 11:36:33 pm »

"..." Ethan stared at Paprika wordlessly as well for a moment, the metallic sound denouncing their position.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #358 on: September 10, 2012, 11:49:12 pm »

Paprika swallowed and did her best to look ashamed, casting her eyes down and fiddling with her fingers.

"I... didn't expect it to make such a loud noise. I'm sorry ..."

Her voice trails off towards the end as she directed her gaze to the interesting minerals in front of her boot tip. Her face colored due to her being the focus of so much attention, so close. Paprika was not used to being stared at intently, nor with blame.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 11, 2012, 12:11:51 am »

Troy had to resist facepalming for a moment before taking pity on the poor girl.

"What's done is done. They'd have found out about us anyway when we start killing the rest of them. Well, unless you lot want to try and open that, I say we should get moving."

He took the moment to check the skeleton and booth for things.

Search (take 10): 12
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57