Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72876 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation:TA-inspired RTS: Beta, yo.
« Reply #495 on: September 27, 2013, 09:09:28 am »

If you want a more technical look:

PA is more like TA than Supreme Commander. Wrecks can block movement, there are different land factories (bot + tank), and generally units have very low health and high damage. This makes battles quick and decisive, unlike in Supcom.

Tech levels are also like TA, there are two, and in general you can find a use for all units, no matter the tech level.

Also, we don't talk about Supcom2 because it ruined a lot of what made Supcom 1 great (The tech tree, large maps, great campaign, unit management)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 27, 2013, 09:24:22 am »

If there are enough B12ers with a copy of PA we should get some >4 player multiplayer matches going. Playing with randoms is okay, but the load times are pretty lengthy and most of my opponents so far have just abandoned.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 27, 2013, 09:51:50 am »

Got beta here. Put engines on a moon before I realized I couldn't actually move it anywhere. Pretty fun, though I've mostly been using vehicles.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 27, 2013, 10:00:19 am »

I don't have the beta but I have a ticket for the full game, so I look forward to play with you guys. I really enjoyed Supcom 1 :D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 27, 2013, 10:02:55 am »

If there are enough B12ers with a copy of PA we should get some >4 player multiplayer matches going. Playing with randoms is okay, but the load times are pretty lengthy and most of my opponents so far have just abandoned.

i have the beta and would be up for 4v4 count me in
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 27, 2013, 11:14:55 am »

Don't have the beta, but feel free to tell me if I should add things to the OP for mp stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 27, 2013, 11:42:20 am »

Would like to play but.. price a bit high.. could use my OTHER credit card.. However..  my father would flay me alive.. even tough there's an ocean between us..

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #502 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:49 pm »

Tried joining a game, I shit you not it took 15 minutes of chugging for the map to finally load. Managed to brew and drink a cup of tea while waiting patiently. When it finally loads. WHAM 10FPS and awful performance. Just unplayable, even for a beta  :-\
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 27, 2013, 01:08:03 pm »

Would like to play but.. price a bit high.. could use my OTHER credit card.. However..  my father would flay me alive.. even tough there's an ocean between us..

That's some long range flaying.

Is there no singleplayer in the beta? I'll admit I jumped at it blindly without checking and just kinda hoped there would be... :P
Can games be saved and resumed later? Since with the scale and all I imagine a complete game will take several hours and so would need to be suspended for toilet breaks at the very least :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 27, 2013, 02:59:57 pm »

That's some long range flaying.

Is there no singleplayer in the beta? I'll admit I jumped at it blindly without checking and just kinda hoped there would be... :P
Can games be saved and resumed later? Since with the scale and all I imagine a complete game will take several hours and so would need to be suspended for toilet breaks at the very least :P

You can play against AI, but it pretty much just sends bombers at you, and you need to not have anybody join your game after you readied up.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #505 on: September 27, 2013, 03:17:27 pm »

Oh wow, this AI is soooo smart and evil.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 27, 2013, 04:05:33 pm »

In what way?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #507 on: September 27, 2013, 05:46:48 pm »

In what way?
In the sarcastic way.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 27, 2013, 08:19:26 pm »

Tried joining a game, I shit you not it took 15 minutes of chugging for the map to finally load. Managed to brew and drink a cup of tea while waiting patiently. When it finally loads. WHAM 10FPS and awful performance. Just unplayable, even for a beta  :-\
Seems like their servers are having a bit of trouble keeping up with the sudden influx of thousands of new players. Since multiplayer games are hosted their backend (I think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) load times can be a bit lengthy right now. As for performance, there's still a lot of optimization that needs to be done, for sure.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 27, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »

I've got the beta as well, and would love to hone my skills against fellow humans.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40