Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to Retrive the Bouquet from the Pit of Death!  (Read 3088 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Retrive the Bouquet from the Pit of Death!
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:07 am »

Roll to Retrive the Bouquet from the Pit of Death!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

You, a motley crew composed of Toad infraduelists, flame druids, bards and carnivorous plants, have been hired by a young adept motivated by deep-seated curiousity, vengeance and faith to retrieve a many-coloured bouquet from the Pit of Death.
His name is J'eln, by the way. He has wide sharp blue eyes. One of his hobbies is fighting. He loves stoicism and lost causes. His favourite sin is gluttony. He dislikes spring, foriegn customs/accents, and blind faith. This is why he wants to overthrow the current regime and retrieve the bouquet.

It was thrown there for reasons unknown by the villainous fanatics of The Diamond Crown, a band of power-hungry priests known for their hoard of magical artefacts. They claim that they are the descendants of the ancient race of the Thounines, and speak some long-dead language to prove it.

Making their base in a heavily-fortified, gloomy tavern on the outskirts of town, they have been snatching pretty bunches of flowers from love-struck citizens and hiding them in the Pit of Death, a place still terribly infectious from the long-ago apocalypse, which involved biological warfare and a rodent-related cataclysm which led to communists, demonic creatures, giant rats and crazed humans roaming the land en masse.

Only 17.3% of the population survived, most of whom formed the starting city of Djinnith.

Now, choose your class!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

J'eln will accept... Four foolish corageous adventurers for this mission!

The rest of you will go on the waitlist! Be warned, the path ahead is fraught with plague, peril and... Paerr!
(He is an enemy agent sent to intercept the party in their quest. He is an elite, High-Mark Demon Rune Shaman of Strife.)

Who will bravely step forth to do battle with Evil?!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Retrive the Bouquet from the Pit of Death!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:33 am »

Current Characters!

Spoiler: Terence/Lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fingal Crowe/Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robert/10ebbor10 (click to show/hide)

Dead Characters!

Waitlisted Characters!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:19:21 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:55 am »

Name: Terence
Class: Carnivorous plant
Appearance: Mostly green but with some attractive blue flowers near the top. Generally considered slim and attractive with a winning smile, but still with strong sturdy roots. Simply dressed.
Backstory: Terence was thrown out of her tribe at the age of 16, and has never looked back. For seven long years she has adventured in the upper reaches of the lower Pennines, and is so far undefeated.
Inventory: Headband of Reflexes; Ceramic Pot of Easy Carrying; Bag of Plantfood
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:24:24 am by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:18:00 am »

Name: Fingal Crowe
Class: Bard
Appearance: Brown hair, Fair skin, Lean body. Specifically, he has deep brown eyes that make him unique -- for they are the only ones which shift to a golden hue in the sunlight. He is six feet tall.

He is garbed in the normal clothwear of the Renaissance era, along with a nice graying cloak for travel.

Backstory: Fingal is a bard and storyteller of yore, including current events and leading themes, able to recall distant memories and scenes vividly and accurately.

Due to all this, he is allergic to large concentrations of amphibians, including fungi.

Inventory: Gilded-Oak Lyre, 10-foot Quarterstaff, Flexible leather satchel with iron clasping hooks
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:05:07 am by Tiruin »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:32:19 am »

Name: Daniel Hotcakes
Class: Flame Druid
Appearance: A withered, frail, and extremely old man with no clothes on, save for her extremely long white singed beard which he has wrapped around her body several times so that it completely covers him like a robe. She is slim, but with large drooping breasts.
Backstory: It is unknown whether Daniel was originally born a man or a woman and changed himself somehow, or if he has simply always had this strange condition. Daniel herself suffers from mild memory loss and often forgets his own past, family, birthday, etc. All she really knows is that he is a master of conjuring, manipulating, and being a general bad ass with fire. She is sexually interested in carnivorous plants, likes long walks on the beach, and his favorite literary work is... she forgets. J'eln found him passed in an alley with her beard on fire. J'eln stamped it out, but it immediately started up again. Seeing the potential usefulness of a flame druid, J'eln kicked Daniel awake and offered him the job.
Inventory: Beard regrowth serum, king-sized bag of M&Ms, towercap walking stick. The M&Ms and serum are both kept in pockets in Daniel's beard, the walking stick is required for her to walk or stand up.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:49:55 am by MrWillsauce »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:34:33 am »

Reserved.

Name:Robert
Class: Flame druid
Appearance:This gentleman makes you think of an inhuman statue. He has deep-set eyes the color of blue tropical waters. His fine, straight, ebony hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a drifting cloud.. He is short and has a slender build. His skin is china-white. He has bushy eyebrows. His wardrobe is severe, with a lot of blue.
Backstory: Robert used to be part of a cult that dates back to the beginning of humanity, and that has influenced humanities evolution all along the way. They remain mostly without trace, though have let their traces (See the flaming bush incident, and some others). Robert broke with the cult, choosing progress over old traditions, and managed to build up a small array of usefull gadgets in his solo carreer as Forest fire psychatrist.
Inventory: Antimatter Lathe, Sonic-DNA Ventilator, Displacing Sound Contemplator

I take your random generator and challenge it
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:47:03 am by 10ebbor10 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 10:47:52 am »

That looks like four people! Time to set off!

Somewhere on the outskirts of town, near the Lucky Centaur Tavern...

"So!" J'eln stands there, with hands on his pudgy hips, staring at the four of you with his piercing blue eyes.
"I have assembled you here to-day for a most important quest. As I have already told you at some time in the recent past, you are to retrieve the Many-Coloured Bouquet from the Pit Of Death.
He turns and points at the swampy, horrid area behind him, beginning just a few metres from the last rundown buildings of the city limits.
"That is the Marsh of Mirages! To get to the Pit of Death, you must go down there, cross Breezegrief Brook, and then travel onwards to the Bridge of the Gauntlet of the Destroyer, cross that, and then you're in the Blighted lands. From there the Pit is pretty easy to find. In fact, you can't miss it!

He looks down the hill a bit. There is a band of monstrous warriors charging up at you, armed with glaives. They have the arms of a gecko, fur of a cat, front paws of a fox and the torso of a crow. One of them shouts, "Hu! Tholo dhoav ulo! Lod ik karr dhon vav uvk kod hano dal dou!" The others all screech agreement as they charge.

"I had, er, best get back to planning. And stuff. Good luck! And try not to die!"
J'eln hands Terence a strange, cylindrical object labeled 'Plasmic Vitalizer-Module', mumbles something about it coming in handy and then flees back inside the tavern, slamming the rickety door behind him. Good riddance. He had an annoying voice.

>The four of you are alone. Confronted by enemies. Ready... For battle. I think?

It is time to begin your quest. These foul minions of something-or-other will (probably) not stop you.

...Come to think of it, you should probably find out who sent them.

>What now?
Booze is Life for Yoink

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57:42 am »

Daniel hobbles towards the beasts while leaning heavily on his walking stick. She leans on the wall of a nearby destroyed building to balance himself as she points her walking stick at the group of minions and is ready to shoot a fireball at them at any minute if they are aggressive.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:03:49 am by MrWillsauce »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:02:05 am »

"Battle...already?! I don't know about you three, but I'm going in!

"Diplomacy!"

Hold up hand as a gesture of peace and non-lethal intentions. If they don't want to follow//just want to strike us:

Bash bash bash bash bash.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:18:59 am »

"I say!" says Terence. "Would somebody terribly mind carrying my pot and I into battle and placing us near the enemy? No blasted legs, you see, eh what."

Wait for an enemy to approach or to be placed near one and then pounce. Specifically, perform the Leaping Fern technique and devour the head.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »

"What are those?. Probably doesn't matter."

"Stand back, don't come closer"

Use the sonic Dna ventilator,which is not a single use item, on them if they approach. Take cover behind the plant
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:33:33 pm by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 01:22:12 pm »

"Someone put me in a strategic position damn it!" shouts Terence to her new-found companions. "I'm a killer feckin' potplant, I'm no bloody good unless someone bloody well walks past me, I can only pounce so far!"

She turns to the onrushing enemy.

"Aha! Come on you bastards! Come here and have a test of Terence! I'll rip your bloody legs off!"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:10:14 am by lawastooshort »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »

I hope this is the type of Toad you meant.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 06:11:37 pm »

"Someone put me in a strategic position damn it!" shouts Terence to his new-found companions. "I'm a killer feckin' potplant, I'm no bloody good unless someone bloody well walks past me, I can only pounce so far!"

He turns to the onrushing enemy.

"Aha! Come on you bastards! Come here and have a test of Terence! I'll rip your bloody legs off!"
((Don't you mean, she:P))

Fingal turned upon hearing the exquisite tones of a person from south of the Forth.

It was the plant he thought was there for cultivation.

"Don't worry, err, lad! I'll help you!"

Move Terence to a strategic position in his(?) desire, this takes priority over the other actions I made.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 06:18:34 pm »

Daniel scowls at Fingal jealously for getting to touch the pretty plant.
Pages: [1] 2