Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Party- Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!  (Read 1400 times)

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal Party- Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:49:23 pm »

So, waiting around for a werebeast to transform. I wait in the map tiles around the lair, get ambushed by gobs and bogeymen for a few days, kill them and then head for the mountains because I decided I wanted to make sure my next fort got some yeti leather.

Anyway, waiting around the mountains until before the full moon, got lots of yeti skin and new underwear from goblin ambushes. So I head down the mountains, excited to find out what werebeast its gonna be.
I get to the edge of the travel map lair "you cannot traverse the lair" yada yada yada. I enter the local map, take a step, Dwarf Fortress freezes for 5 minutes and my laptop shuts down from overheating.

I return to the stop and reveal the map and find THIS:

It looks like the local fauna wasnt too keen on their werebeast neighbor. The poor guy had every single limb scattered from one side of the map to the other. And somehow the place is full of leather.

Furthermore I looke at the caves and the first layer is PACKED with lizardmen camps. Threres at least 60 or so down there (like 20 encampments). Further down there are about 7-10 full encampments of batmen too.

Is this a glitch or something were every available creature in the biome spawns at once or something?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Party- Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »

Stop sleeping there. Run. Very fast. Away. Forever.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:05:05 am »

Well, there's nothing you can do to stop it so just sit back and watch the blood orgy.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 12:47:20 am »

Well, there's nothing you can do to stop it so just sit back and watch the blood orgy.

I would if I could but thats imposible. Dwarf Fortress freezes and crashes my computer the second I take a step. The guy is already dead. There are however Yetis, Giant Coyotes, jaguars and other predators right next to all those other animals and Rhinoceros so I dont think whatever is happening down there lacks in the canage department.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 04:39:32 am »

YOU CAN STILL MAKE IT IF YOU RUN, RUN FOR THE CLOSEST EDGE AWAY FROM THE CAMP AND NEVER COME BACK

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:06:21 am »

There's a bug where the game multiplies wildlife populations within a site every time it's offloaded and restored - most notably, it results in very large groups of subterranean animal peoples.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 12:07:49 pm »

There's a bug where the game multiplies wildlife populations within a site every time it's offloaded and restored - most notably, it results in very large groups of subterranean animal peoples.
this bug killed my adventure home. like I had to migrate out of a dragon, firebird, unicorn, strangler horde. when I came back I found was a large army of animals waiting for me. Mother nature doesn't joke. I guess the solution is to clear out the wildlife population list to prevent stockpile of critters eating up my cpu drive.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »

So, can this be used to restock population in fortress mode by abandoning and reclaiming?

Furthermore, how does this explain all the subterranean animal leather? Is it from the animal men encampments and somehow it gets scaterred like items on the surface do, or is it the overflow from some animal encampment iten cap that gets broken when the encampment multiplies?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 07:58:05 pm »

Furthermore, how does this explain all the subterranean animal leather? Is it from the animal men encampments and somehow it gets scaterred like items on the surface do, or is it the overflow from some animal encampment iten cap that gets broken when the encampment multiplies?
It scatters to the surface AND multiplies.