Tears of Olandis
Stormbreaker
The Wandering Behemoth
The Warding Sage
The Whispering Death
The Shadow of Twilight
Astral Crusader
Aether Hound
Other (For the love of god, post in the thread)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign OOC [Moving again!]  (Read 12394 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign OOC [Started!]
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 04:12:02 pm »

Jericho is only agreeing to Wulfric since it is a small percentage of the total men on the ship, the worse I could possibly see come from this is a power struggle between the Arch-Militant and Missionary. I assumed that in total the men who agreed to go with him would be around 20-30 men.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 04:14:49 pm »

Nope. It is like a snowball. Only a small numbers of soldiers had agreed to go with him. You have just relinquished the rights to command every marine who is disembarking.

Seriously, it is a snowball. If you allow it to begin, you'll be on the losing end of the equation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 04:15:33 pm »

Nope. It is like a snowball. Only a small numbers of soldiers had agreed to go with him. You have just relinquished the rights to command every marine who is disembarking.

Seriously, it is a snowball. If you allow it to begin, you'll be on the losing end of the equation.
Wait what, I did? I obviously didn't read that carefully, I thought he'd just have command of the men he hired?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »

Wait what, I did? I obviously didn't read that carefully, I thought he'd just have command of the men he hired?

Yep. You were so very vague you did it.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 04:26:33 pm »

Yep. You were so very vague you did it.
Well fuck, this is awkward.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 04:29:13 pm »

Well fuck, this is awkward.
Use the opportunity to make it clear he's only getting control of the small group that accepted sticking to him and the rest of the marines is following your security plan no matter what he thinks about it.

Also, emphasize the fact that is an exception, not the rule.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2012, 08:55:16 pm »

I already know its an exception and as I was aware only the men I hired were coming of ship with us :)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2012, 09:58:45 pm »

I already know its an exception and as I was aware only the men I hired were coming of ship with us :)

Not talking about you, but...Things got ugly. Right now, it looks like your character added insult to injury. First he humiliates the Arch-Militant in front of his men then he says "be more confident in front of others" and smiles. Damn, that was sad.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »

Not talking about you, but...Things got ugly. Right now, it looks like your character added insult to injury. First he humiliates the Arch-Militant in front of his men then he says "be more confident in front of others" and smiles. Damn, that was sad.
Meh i don't see it that way but you take it as you will :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2012, 02:11:00 am »

Heh. Niiiice, Wulfric. Real nice. :-\

Also, damnit I can't decide what to post.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2012, 03:59:50 am »

Clearing up - Wulfric was given 2-4 bodyguards. But now basically Jericho made sure that everyone will assume the Missionary has higher authority. Gonna be a nasty uphill struggle if he ever wants to regain that. I assume most of their conversation wasn't overheard (well, your choice), but they did hear Wulfric's orders and then either silence or agreement from their de jure commanding officer.

Alexavius' concerns aren't entirely unfounded, either. They see infighting between their officers and had questionable loyalties to start with.

EDIT: Well, I was pretty vague, so I guess the original detachment granted to him could've been more like 20 soldiers, then. Doesn't really matter anymore, though.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:07:15 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2012, 07:42:55 am »

Clearing up - Wulfric was given 2-4 bodyguards. But now basically Jericho made sure that everyone will assume the Missionary has higher authority. Gonna be a nasty uphill struggle if he ever wants to regain that. I assume most of their conversation wasn't overheard (well, your choice), but they did hear Wulfric's orders and then either silence or agreement from their de jure commanding officer.

Alexavius' concerns aren't entirely unfounded, either. They see infighting between their officers and had questionable loyalties to start with.

EDIT: Well, I was pretty vague, so I guess the original detachment granted to him could've been more like 20 soldiers, then. Doesn't really matter anymore, though.

From the recruitment scene, I think the number of bodyguards were pretty low, but now our Arch-Militant just submitted to the crazy preacher, creating an image of weakness and allowing Wulfric to control the whole group of marines. Hey Bdthemag, told ya. :P

Alexavius did mention it could cause both morale problems and tip over the control of troops towards the Priest. Well, it happened.
>Yes?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »

I don't want to rush you or anything, but I'd appreciate if you got this whole meeting going. There's some rolls (security plans-related) it could affect, though I guess I could just roll for them later. Still, it would be preferable if you did your thing so I didn't have to timeskip.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:58 pm »

We need Jericho's input and a more responsive Rogue Trader. *jabjab*
>Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:56 am »

I'm kinda waiting for BD to post... :-\
My response to Yorke will likely be little more than a clueless, slightly worried frown, a scratch of the head and a "That sounds... Bad." I'd rather respond to two people in one post, I guess. *shrug* If there are no more posts for a while I'll probably post later tonight.
Getting kicked off the computer right now, anyways.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8