Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I think there's something wrong with me  (Read 7271 times)

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: I think there's something wrong with me
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 03:09:33 pm »

Sign me up to the Goody Goody Parade.
But bandits? They deserve it.
Pay Evil Unto Evil, as they say.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 03:11:24 pm »

So... Thievery =/= Horrible adventurer driven death? Man, I almost feel bad for Kobolds now. Almost.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 03:28:03 pm »

So... Thievery =/= Horrible adventurer driven death? Man, I almost feel bad for Kobolds now. Almost.
I have always had a soft spot for bandits. For many, it's just a way to survive in a harsh world/environment. Bandits aren't necessarily murderers--you can't equate the two right off the bat. Bandits, brigands, highwaymen... I think I'd have been a brigand in a different life. I think I have some strange genetic disposition toward it.

(If I survive the fallout after the nukes fall, try not to shoot me on sight; I'm just tryin'a loot all ya valiables!)

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:09 pm »

I'm mostly good/nice in DF adventure mode, but pretty much completely good/nice in every other game.  I rarely kill villagers, but when I do its for a good reason, and then I do it by the hundreds as they sleep just to respawn immediately.  I only hurt animals if it's required for things like food and beginning skills. 
Now bandits and outlaws are a completely different story, I'm the equivalent of HFS when I go up against them.  They constantly ambush for me and attempt to kill me.  They shoot at me from the second I'm created and never want to talk peace.  So I see nothing wrong with breaking their shoulders/elbows/wrists/hips/knees/ankles, and then going to bash their skulls in.  Most I kill quickly, but the very last one alive usually gets the above mentioned treatment; as a RP reason it would be so when I told the story I would become more feared by other bandits.   ;D
Everyone plays different, and there is nothing wrong with being nice to everything *cough* elf *cough.*  There's also not too much wrong with being a crazy killer psychopath, so long as you don't act it out in real life lol.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:05:09 pm by Flying Fortress »
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 01:48:09 pm »

Most of my adventurers play the good guy. Unless you're the bad guy or a wild animal; then the only way to escape your horrible, hellish fate is to put up a good enough fight that it becomes too risky to torture you to death.

I am a pretty evil person, I just try to direct my evil at the evil competition.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 02:12:30 pm »

I have no problem going "evil", but I rarely do it in DF because frankly it's just not worth it.

The moment you shove some mud-flopping peasant you make an enemy of everyone in that civ. That means no more quests or respite from the wild until you can make it across the border; which is its own thrill I guess, but I still hate that the hivemind automatically knows that you murdered some dude in a single stroke alone in the confines of his home. If there was more of a risk than an outright penalty I'd probably do it more often.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 01:19:01 am »

Technically, that wasn't the evil path, so long as you did it right.
In saying that, Bioware kind of ruined it by not doing it right in the first place. There should have been an Open Palm/Closed Fist meter as well as a Good/Evil meter, because the whole deal with the CF path was making people look out for themselves, as opposed to just killing them and taking all their stuff.
My interpretation is different.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To be fair, lawful evil =/= CF, but combining reason with cruelty is similar to both.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 2 [3]