Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 333820 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #780 on: November 04, 2012, 10:14:30 pm »

I was building a semi-megaproject, during the construction of which I did not give a shit about my dwarves' well-being. They had no bedrooms or dining hall, only a still and food stockpile next to the wagon. The wildlife on this map was a huge nuisance: tons of giant monkeys and keas constantly stealing things and harassing my dwarves. One of my miners was bitten several times by a giant monkey, breaking his leg. He lay there, three tiles from the constantly-worked still and a few tiles from a pond. Despite his proximity to water and booze, he dehydrated to death after several months, a few meters from where everyone else was drinking and socializing.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 04, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »

could you draw the diety  named "the mahogany turquoise"

I can't concieve of it.

This is an artifact deity. All craftstoadship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of turquoises in mahogany. On the item is an image of mahogany trees in turquoise. The object menaces with spikes of mahogany and turquoise.

I understand those concepts, but it was mahogany turquoise itself.  It was not the diety,  "Mahogany in the shape of turquoise" or vice versa.

BeenCarl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • American Society for Velociraptor Attack Protection
« Reply #782 on: November 04, 2012, 10:30:19 pm »

I was building a semi-megaproject, during the construction of which I did not give a shit about my dwarves' well-being. They had no bedrooms or dining hall, only a still and food stockpile next to the wagon. The wildlife on this map was a huge nuisance: tons of giant monkeys and keas constantly stealing things and harassing my dwarves. One of my miners was bitten several times by a giant monkey, breaking his leg. He lay there, three tiles from the constantly-worked still and a few tiles from a pond. Despite his proximity to water and booze, he dehydrated to death after several months, a few meters from where everyone else was drinking and socializing.
That's what he gets for cracking those bad puns
It's like fighting goblins with lye, and winning.
Velociraptor season is here.
Are you prepared?
http://www.velociraptors.info/

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 05, 2012, 06:13:44 am »

The Militia Commander charges at the Peregrine Falcon!
The Militia Commander jabs the Peregrine Falcon in the left foot with his left hand, bruising the skin!
The Militia Commander collides with the Peregrine Falcon!
The Peregrine Falcon is knocked over and tumbles backward!
The Militia Commander makes a face to distract the enemy and then punches the Peregrine Falcon in the chest with his right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the left true ribs through the right lung and tearing the apart the right lung!

If anything, I'd just like your portrayal of what distracting face he made. A picture of him punching directly into its chest to tear up its lung is good too, as well as the two times during that fight where he punches through the falcon's SKULL to tear up its brain.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:29:12 am by Tally »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 05, 2012, 07:49:34 am »

Just started a new fortress on a mirthful/haunted embark and saw 'Drake Corpse is no longer enraged!' pop up several times in the announcement log and the associated report just had the same amount of 'The drake Corpse has become enraged' with no fighting.  Out of curiosity I went up to the surface to have a look (I'd walled it off while setting up as there'd been undead right next to the wagon) and found an undead Drake chasing a cavy boar all over the map, I had to laugh.

I'm playing Masterwork where a Drake is a small dragon like lizard thing.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 05, 2012, 07:20:33 pm »

I'm playing Masterwork where a Drake is a small dragon like lizard thing.

I was picturing a male duck, which I think is much more entertaining.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

solarr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 05, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

my little brother failed to mod so badly

cue the loss of my third fortress due to being surrounded by zombie carp

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 05, 2012, 09:02:49 pm »

The Militia Commander jabs the Peregrine Falcon in the left foot with his left hand, bruising the skin!
The Militia Commander makes a face to distract the enemy and then punches the Peregrine Falcon in the chest with his right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the left true ribs through the right lung and tearing the apart the right lung!

If anything, I'd just like your portrayal of what distracting face he made. A picture of him punching directly into its chest to tear up its lung is good too, as well as the two times during that fight where he punches through the falcon's SKULL to tear up its brain.
Is that face making a mod?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 05, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »

I would assume "making a face and then punching" is an attack that's just like punching except more likely to hit. And it might require a face.
My wooden badge was delicious.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 05, 2012, 09:04:24 pm »

My 250+ dwarf fortress fell to about 7 traitorous survivors after a loyalty cascade. All of them didn't really care about anything anymore, and just spent the days wandering from their bedrooms, through the blood/vomit-caked dining hall, to the huge food/booze stockpile. Eventually, some migrants came. The population rose and fell as dwarves died and migrants came in to replace them, but the population hovered at around 20. I pretty much gave up on the fort, but watched it die for over a year more. Finally, I got bored and uncapped the HFS. The fortress crumbled, with the mayor the last to die. The entire fortress is covered with blood and packed with dwarf/livestock corpses and bodyparts. I dare not go back there in adventurer mode, even to retrieve my favorite artifact ever "Babinator". Also forgotten beasts freely roam the halls, namely a giant bear made of ash.

Derp, wrong thread. Oh well, you can draw it if you want.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:11:09 pm by MrWillsauce »

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 05, 2012, 09:07:15 pm »

my little brother failed to mod so badly

cue the loss of my third fortress due to being surrounded by zombie carp

I think you mean he did AWESOME!!

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 05, 2012, 09:49:44 pm »

Eh, if Ubu can do it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Perhaps my best combat report.  Both had masterwork steel spears, both decided to punch him in the face instead.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 05, 2012, 10:10:25 pm »

deleted, (darn computers)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:35:25 am by vadia »

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 05, 2012, 10:31:54 pm »

I was playing Masterwork DF. Otherwise, I really don't know if that's a mod only thing.

Zaffre

• Bay Watcher
  • Thou hath uncivil weaponry and an unclean mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 05, 2012, 10:50:46 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84