Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92260 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 1
« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2012, 10:27:47 am »

"Shade, Lay down and rest a bit, heal up."
"In the meantime, i will try the boost up my powers."

Let Shade rest and try to pull your throwing knifes out of the tree withou touching them.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2012, 11:00:29 am »

The hawks wouldn't have been that hard due to them being four copies of this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway
>Equip Dwarves (specifics coming later)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2012, 06:25:00 pm »

The hawks wouldn't have been that hard due to them being four copies of this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was mostly due to some less-than-perfect rolls combined with attempting to pool together white mana while being in the middle of a mountain range.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

The nearby streetlights flicker before dimming down to a faint orange glow as Sir Havel opens the wooden gate leading to the back of the house.

Broken glass, cigarette butts, plastic wrappers...looks like this place was used more as a garbage dump than a backyard. As for the house itself, there's a sliding glass door, but there are sheets of fabric draped over it from the inside, preventing the knight of stone from getting a better look at the interior. There's also a couple more windows; one of which, oddly enough, has been spraypainted black...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2012, 06:46:25 pm »

Try to sense what lays upon the other side in order to make a better plan. If you cannot, then smash the glass door and slice through the curtains with your zweihander instead.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2012, 08:21:09 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Sir Havel attempts to use his keen senses to detect anything that may be lying in wait inside of the dwelling, but other than "more darkness", he fails to pick up on anything significant.
Resorting to less stealthy measures, the Chosen One smashes the glass door open, then cuts through the fabric on the other side with his Colossus Lunar Zweihander. Some people might argue that it would have been smarter to first check whether the sliding door was even locked, or that it would have been easier to simply push the bothersome fabric aside, but those people clearly just can't comprehend the vast amounts of wisdom behind each of the knight of stone's actions.

Anyway, it looks like the Chosen One's senses were spot on; the interior of the house is in fact completely dark.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2012, 08:45:18 pm »

Some people might argue that it would have been smarter to first check whether the sliding door was even locked, or that it would have been easier to simply push the bothersome fabric aside, but those people clearly just can't comprehend the vast amounts of wisdom behind each of the knight of stone's actions.
((Too bad thats not the ideal way to conduct an ambush. I've been assuming the entire time that there was something/someone waiting for me inside the house, since the boy escaped and likely told everyone, and that sneaking was hardly an option if they knew I was coming. Not to mention I'm made of stone. *scrape* *scrape*))
Move into the house and look around entire ground floor. Make a note of all entrances and exits. Keep your senses trained upon the source of power you detected earlier. Good thing Havel can see in the dark, in addition to being empowered by it. He is at home away from the prying eyes of civilisation.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2012, 11:50:58 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding
((Heh, no worries. Just joking around.))

Entering the household, it's clear that whoever was here didn't hold tidiness as a very high priority.

Most of Sir Havel's search goes on without any notable findings, until he approaches a particular room, and the sense of dread he felt before suddenly returns stronger than ever. A faint glow can be seen coming from beneath the closed door of the room. The door feels stuck, but a little push quickly takes care of that.
Upon entering the room, the Chosen One discovers what may very well have been the source of his dread...

Directly across from him, Sir Havel sees the corpse of the young man that escaped from the scene of the car jacking. His hands have been nailed to the wall, and he looks to have been disemboweled. Written in blood above his head are the words "Failure Is Not Forgiven".
The glow was coming from a candle sitting on a table to the right side of the room. Sir Havel also noted that the only ways in and out of the dwelling appear to be the (now destroyed) sliding glass door, and a door at the front of the house.

Estimated time passed: 15 minutes.

4:40 remain.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2012, 02:32:49 am »

Let Shade rest and try to pull your throwing knifes out of the tree withou touching them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #293 on: October 06, 2012, 02:38:18 am »

Examine the warning more closely. Why would they just leave him here? Is there a second floor or a basement? Search either one if so.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 06, 2012, 08:36:08 pm »

Patience. Action results will be posted either when Hisir makes progress with his training, or some other significant event occurs.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Walking up to the macabre display, one thing that becomes apparent is that the people responsible for the disembowelment certainly didn't do it with anything close to surgical precision; in fact, it looks more like his abdomen was torn open rather than sliced with a blade. There are also larger nails driven through his elbows, and he appears to have suffered several deep punctures and cigarette burns on various parts of his body as well. This was obviously done to make a point, but simply abandoning the body here for any anyone to find seems like a highly reckless thing to do...

Sir Havel turns around and prepares to search for access to any other levels of the house, when he notices that the door he came through has been shut. Before the Chosen One can even make his way back over to the door, the small flame of the candle erupts into a large burst of fire without warning. Within seconds, the room is set ablaze.

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

4:35 remain.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2012, 02:45:38 am »

oh,yeah, that makes sense.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2012, 12:10:59 pm »

Attempt to knock the door down. Use your sword if necessary. Ask Lunus to put the flames out.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2012, 03:47:13 pm »

The Moderator(s)

Arriving with nightfall, a stunning view of the beautiful Canadian landscape awaited the other Moderator after his peaceful flight over the Pacific Ocean. Going by the descriptions given to him by his future-self, other-Moderator had little trouble locating the correct residential area.

A brief display of impressive aerial maneuvers alerted the Chosen One that his other-self had arrived. After landing his aircraft on the strip of open land between the residential area and the dense forest, other-Moderator headed into the neighborhood to rendezvous with himself.
Up until then, all had gone pleasingly well. Unfortunately, just as the two Moderators finally met up with each other on one of the quiet neighborhood streets, an increasingly loud noise was heard rapidly approaching their location. Before they knew it, several military-grade helicopters could be seen hovering above the parked Chippewa. It would seem that the local government isn't very fond of having their airspace invaded by high-tech, heavily-armed aircraft.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Ramming into the door created a deep split down the center of it. A mighty lunge with his zweihander, and the wooden door snaps in two. While the fire was not completely extinguished, it did die down to nothing more than low-burning, soft blue flames after Sir Havel asked the Moon goddess for a helping hand in the situation. There's no guarantee that they will stay that way for long, however.

Just then, the Chosen One senses someone's presence inside the household. They seem to be in a rush.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2012, 03:50:50 pm »

Find him/her/OHMYGODWTFISTHAT.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2012, 01:13:28 am »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Before Sir Havel has a chance to go looking for the individual inside the house, said individual comes running toward him first, but continues straight past him without a moment's hesitation.

The Chosen One recognizes the individual as the other young man from the car jacking incident. With a (different) gun in hand, he rushes into the room, but comes to a sudden halt only a seconds later when he gazes upon the gruesome scene inside. Speechless, the young man drops to his knees...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61