Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Green and evil "elf" civ  (Read 1671 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Green and evil "elf" civ
« on: August 05, 2012, 11:39:53 pm »

I'm sure that many of you have run into these kinds of civilizations on long world gens.

Yep, the elves are all green and gobliny. I checked the world in the legends viewer and yep, the whole civ consists of 484 goblins and no elves.
They had some wars agains humans, dwarves and finally goblins and this was the result. In a 640year world gen they spent 240 years under elven rule and after that around 50 years under human and nightcreature rulers, a moment with a dwarven princess  (a dwarf elven princess ??? ) and finally 350 years under goblins during which they lost all of their settlements except for one called Catbean. (and managed to kill their last remaining elven citizens.)

It is a bit creepy finding an "elven" civilization composed solely of greenskins using elven names and worshipping Lolama, force of nature and rivers. I wonder if I can anger them by offering them butchered trees.. (nope, their caravans weren't goblins)

Edit: By the way, the druid's name translates to Drunkenflickers and the princess Embracefastens
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:42:32 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Green and evil "elf" civ
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 11:47:43 pm »

Looks like those tree-violating Elf hippies got their asses handed to them :P. You should be cheering!

OK, jokes over, but is the civ hostile? You might be able to get a very VERY rare Goblin caravan, or get invaded from 2 civs....? I think the Great Mother of Science, demands a tribute.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 11:53:15 pm »

Looks like those tree-violating Elf hippies got their asses handed to them :P. You should be cheering!

OK, jokes over, but is the civ hostile? You might be able to get a very VERY rare Goblin caravan, or get invaded from 2 civs....? I think the Great Mother of Science, demands a tribute.
Nope, not hostile but they still send bloody hippes with their caravans and I doubt that they are goblins wearing fake pointy ears and hippy hair.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 01:00:21 am »

Hard coding loop de loop carp.

Toady needs to make it so that if something like this happens that race changes.

Then again they follow all the Morales of elves, so in ethics they are elves.

Actually, I don't know what toady should do.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 05:10:19 am »

So... How many races got confused and thought they were elves again?

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:06:19 am »

provoke them to a ambush and then wait for goblin sige , it may result in a civil war or just lots of fun .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 07:20:48 am »

provoke them to a ambush and then wait for goblin sige , it may result in a civil war or just lots of fun .
Nope, different entities.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 08:53:20 am »

Nope, not hostile but they still send bloody hippes with their caravans and I doubt that they are goblins wearing fake pointy ears and hippy hair.
If their caravan merchants are still Elves, then that would mean it's still using the civ's default race and creating merchants out of thin air (as it's always done) rather than trying to draw them from the civ's population.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.