Yeah, but have everyone keep their stuff and our point in the 'Story'
- 4 (33.3%)
Nah, let's keep going.
- 2 (16.7%)
Nah, just kill this.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 72

Author Topic: Mall Fight: RTD-ified: THE FAQ AND GENERAL Q THREAD  (Read 115360 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: RTD-ified: Beware of Falling Catwalks (Open to Anyone)
« Reply #690 on: October 27, 2013, 03:58:21 am »

Okay. I'm working on the update.

And Squatch...

Special Skill: Total weapon proficiency (If it kills, he can use it.)
Starting Item: One Masakari Battle Mech, A variant if you would allow.[/spoiler]

Total Weapon Proficiency would probably be either a bit OP of a skill, or absolutely useless. Because anything can used as a weapon here(As that's the point of the game), but anyone can already use it. So I'm a bit iffy as to whether I should allow it.

The Mech, on the other hand, is a BIIIIG NO. Starting items are more...simple than that. Gwuinn got a toolbox, RaNDM had his Fetch Modus, and GenMan has his glasses and cane.

Ok I was too general on the weapon thing. It was meant to be for anything that is a weapon i.e. handguns, longguns, energy weapons, archery, blades that are meant for war, quantum wave state collapse device(ok just kidding) etc.

On the mech I figured as much but its always worth a shot. I dont know if Power armor with integrated weapons would count?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:46 am »

Power Armor is a no, Integrated weapons is also a no.

Think basic.

Like, REALLY basic. People got tools, not weapons, mostly. And people who got weapons got shitty ones.

As for the weapons, I guess I could make it a 50% chance of +1 bonus with weapons.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 27, 2013, 11:28:03 am »

Ok I was too general on the weapon thing. It was meant to be for anything that is a weapon i.e. handguns, longguns, energy weapons, archery, blades that are meant for war, quantum wave state collapse device(ok just kidding) etc.
1. Longarms.
2. So, things that are totally weapons?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 27, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »

1. Longarms.
2. So, things that are totally weapons?

1. It is also officially called longguns. I did some gunsmithing and had to look up laws on the subject matter. Some laws say longarms but majority said longguns.
2. That was the idea but had to make sure Greenstarfanatic know where I was coming from.

Ok after reading it again, I think I have an idea what you meant as simple. I figured a Merc style spandex suit, red with black detailing, that can store infinite or near infinite amounts of ammo, explosive, etc. The only exception he's out of ammo, weapons, and bubble gum....
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 27, 2013, 04:19:47 pm »

That would be cool, but there's already no limit to how many things someone can carry. Hammerspace pockets are sewn onto anyone who enters.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 27, 2013, 04:28:19 pm »

Ok then Merc spandex armor? Maybe has the power of regen as long as im wearing a piece of it, I.e. if his hand gets cut off he can put it back on or grow a new one if need be as long as he's wearing a bit of the suit?

King of Candy Island.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 27, 2013, 04:45:28 pm »

And he also has the power to break the fourth wall?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

King of Candy Island.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 27, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »

Hmm...I guess I'll allow the regen suit thing. But It won't be instantaneous. It'll take a while for something to grow back.

WafflesandBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 27, 2013, 05:57:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 27, 2013, 06:04:19 pm »

Okay, cool.

Waffles gets +1 to vehicle use and anything determined as 'Cool'.

And The Hammer gets a 1/20 chance of causing bleeding damage upon attack, plus a 50% chance of getting a +1 to weapon use.

Okay?

Now you two post spawn points and starting actions.

WafflesandBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 27, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »

I spawn in MF Veterans Store, zipping up my pants as I leave. "I'll see you later, Connor!" I call before entering the insides of the Mall. "God, it never changes does it?"

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 27, 2013, 06:22:02 pm »

I'll join up

Name:Scruffy
Special Skill: Improvised weapons
Quick Description: Walked out of the bathroom in the mall, found fight occuring
Starting Item: Broomstick

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 27, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »

Fantastical blue light and awesome particle effects swirl around the known center of the mall....

Where the fuck is this place. Who fucking brought me here..... WTF?!!?!? I HAVE NO WEAPONS EITHER!!! I bet my target is now gone...

Well this seems like this is going off on a good start. Well lets go to the nearest weapons shop if there's any.

Starts whistling a random tune while sticking his hands in his pockets and looks for a mall directory

King of Candy Island.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: RTD-ified: LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE (Open to Anyone)
« Reply #704 on: October 28, 2013, 08:42:49 pm »

Try to use  ???

Just now remembered Lou had that unidentified ability, might as well try and use it.
[5] Lou thinks back to that time he killed a man just be talking. Ah, the good ol' days. But what happened after that...
Oh yeah! He got this cool badge thing with red, blue, and green gems, and his blood turned bright red for a moment. Fuck, that was cool.
He takes out the badge, and peers through the...glowing red gem. Nothing really happens, so he puts it back in his pocket.

SUDDENLY, a ball of fire bursts from the hand that he was totally holding out in front of him for no reason! The fireball rockets towards [2] The incredibly icy Charles Westly!

[1 Vs. 5] Fortunately, Westly's constant ICING comes back in the form of an Icy Aura, causing the fire to fizzle out before it becomes any kind of danger.

Westly:
ABILITY GAINED: Icy Aura

Kick Lou Pitts off my table.
[1 Vs. 6] That Icy Aura of yours becomes a bit of a problem, and as you take a step towards the impressed janitor to take your revenge, a rather large patch of ice forms beneath your feet, send you straight to the floor. As you sit up, you realize that your nose is definitely probably broken.

"So, we're stuck here...great."

Try to discern the source of the lava.
[1] Lava? What lava? All you see is some rising, Crystal Clear water. You tell yourself that you could not possibly be delusional from the heat and fumes, and that this must be the real thing. You can't even see what's causing the water, but you can be sure it isn't some giant monster. Probably just a burst pipe. Yeah...

Karkat stands next to you, wondering why you look so calm about the rising lava.

Err. Right...
Pretend I didn't do that and slowly sneak off.
[5] What do you mean? Do what? You didn't do that. Naw, must have been...that guy over there! Yeah, that really gentlemanly dude. He'll take all the blame. For now, though, you and Gumshoe make you escape back outside, where that Wardrobe and Fortune Telling booth are still there, unmoved as ever.

When you're suddenly beaned in the back of the head, tumbling forwards and clanging against the railing in front of you.

Ow.

Fernando groggily rises from the ground
"Eh? Why are you hiding?"
Pick up fire extinguisher and throw in a random direction!
Try to search out my opponent!

[6][2] Ugh. Dan Fire Extinguishers, always attacking you for no reason. You fling it out of the room, and it clangs against...something. You don't get to see what, though. However, the room suddenly begins filling up with the fog from the inside. It'll probably make it harder for you to see...

Look for other cool bladed weapons.
[2] You try to search for few new weapons from your perch, but some strange fog, rapidly filling the room, prevents you from finding anything. Phooey.

"Um... so... this is pretty bad, huh guys?"
Tara's voice sounded rather tremulous, teetering as she was above what appeared to be- although it didn't really make sense- lava.
She attempted to make conversation with the other two anyway, trying to gauge how dangerous they were based on their reactions.

>Inspect the others up here. Do they look like unpleasant sorts?

>If the lava rises uncomfortably close, the tower of tables starts to fall, or either of my companions makes a menacing move towards me, reach into my handbag and grab for some sort of long cord, rope or equivalent.
Then pull the jewel-studded pipe out in my other hand, tie the cord around the handles of my bag and fashion it into a makeshift grappling hook. ...That'll work, right?!

Well, to be honest, they don't seem to be bothering with you. They're just fighting with each other...kinda. They haven't done any damage to each other, and that one guy just created an ice sheet and slipped on it. Heh.

But really, nothing menacing quite yet.

Zapdos: One big Thunder Shock on Westly, then break-off and find something else to bother.

Articuno: "Your job's done. Come back."

Moltres: "Use Fly. Carry them up to the scaffolding."
[4 Vs. 6] [2] [5]

Calling out various commands to your glorified pet birds, you turn to the gentleman dud beside you.

"Bet you wish you had one, huh?"

He looks at you, tilts his head, and pulls out a pokeball, before pointing outside at the rather large Regigigas, just chillin' out in the lava with Groudon.

Huh. Well, that backfired.

MEANWHILE...

Zapdos fires off a Thundershock at Westley, but the laws of physics are punched in the face once again, and the bolt of lightning freezes solid, dropping to the ground next to the bleeding gangster.

Articuno, on the other hand, decides to fly dangerously close to the rising lava, ignoring your commands completely.

Moltres, however, knows what's up, and swoops down to grab the three table-goers, bringing them up to the catwalk. This is actually a rather tough task for the bird, as it has to use quite a bit of energy to stay ignited around Westly's Icy Aura. But, they do make it up unscathed, and Moltres awaits further orders.

Good bird.

I spawn in MF Veterans Store, zipping up my pants as I leave. "I'll see you later, Connor!" I call before entering the insides of the Mall. "God, it never changes does it?"
Ha, as if we'd let you spawn outside the boss fight zone.

Instead, your Spawn Watch 438 redirects you to a nice little place next to RaN. That's better.

Fantastical blue light and awesome particle effects swirl around the known center of the mall....

Where the fuck is this place. Who fucking brought me here..... WTF?!!?!? I HAVE NO WEAPONS EITHER!!! I bet my target is now gone...

Well this seems like this is going off on a good start. Well lets go to the nearest weapons shop if there's any.

Starts whistling a random tune while sticking his hands in his pockets and looks for a mall directory
There's no centre of the mall either. And that blue light? Awesome Particle effects? All part of our awesome futuristic technology we'll never tell you anything about.

So yeah, to the floating store you go.

Meanwhile, A Janitor pokes his head out of a previously nonexistent closet in the floating store. He seems confused.

Boss Turns:
Groudon appears to by playing Patty-Cake with Regigigas.

May snores.

THE LAVA RISES ABOVE THE TABLES.

TWO TURNS UNTIL IT RISES ABOVE THE PERCH

Spoiler: Battlefield (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bosses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players' Status' (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 72