Yeah, but have everyone keep their stuff and our point in the 'Story'
- 4 (33.3%)
Nah, let's keep going.
- 2 (16.7%)
Nah, just kill this.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 72

Author Topic: Mall Fight: RTD-ified: THE FAQ AND GENERAL Q THREAD  (Read 115478 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: RTD-ified *FULL* TRAINER TIP: DON'T GRAB FIRE
« Reply #405 on: December 06, 2012, 12:13:55 am »

Name: Genman
Occupation: Classic British Gentleman,comple with that typical hat and glasses and hickory cane and stuff.
Special Skill: Beating people to limbo with his cane,and of course,magnificient talking!
Quick Description: Genman was just trying his new gentleman clothes in the local mall store when this all crazy and shit things happen. His response? "Thou this is an uncivil fight,I shall defeat all of thee!"
Starting Item: Your typical hickory cane,Your typical magnificient glasses
Sure, I can add one more in, I guess. How about...a straight up +2 to speech. Of any kind. Because I can't think of anything else for a Gentleman. Unless you're Professor Layton or Sherlock Holmes. THEN is gets into OP territories.

The cane is a good starting item, and, well, you're in the middle of a pokemon battle. So you can either do that or just kill people. Your choice, really.
I only have a +1 to persuading people!
Wait, what's "body manipulation?"...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 06, 2012, 12:36:21 am »

Hm...

What Type of attack would Lou's Soap Gun be? I'm guessing the Glaive-Guisarme is either Steel type or Fighting type.
Well, I'd assume Water Type, and it would work as a defensive move. Set it up, and if an enemy attacks with a physical move, it fails, and they take damage.

Okay.

Lou uses Soap Gun!

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 06, 2012, 01:43:49 am »

What I mean by double bonus is because you say that fire would get a bonus to bug and steel which Genesect is both. So do I only receive one bonus or do I get an additional bonus for him/her being both steel and bug type?

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 06, 2012, 04:45:19 am »

Occupation: Classic British Gentleman,comple with that typical hat and glasses and hickory cane and stuff.
Special Skill: Beating people to limbo with his cane,and of course,magnificient talking!
Quick Description: Genman was just trying his new gentleman clothes in the local mall store when this all crazy and shit things happen. His response? "Thou this is an uncivil fight,I shall defeat all of thee!"
Sure, I can add one more in, I guess. How about...a straight up +2 to speech. Of any kind. Because I can't think of anything else for a Gentleman. Unless you're Professor Layton or Sherlock Holmes. THEN is gets into OP territories.

The cane is a good starting item, and, well, you're in the middle of a pokemon battle. So you can either do that or just kill people. Your choice, really.

Edit:
This means that i can start pummelingmy speech?
If yes,Persuades Regigigas to betray and kill his trainer, "Regigigas! look at that puny human,you think that he is your trainer? YOUR MASTER?!
(lol,basically i always think Groudon and Regigigas are the "wild" type,so yeah.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:03:21 pm by detective1412 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 06, 2012, 07:31:04 am »

Convince Genesect to join my side!

Ergo, copycat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 06, 2012, 08:14:44 am »

I have to wonder what moves like pay cut or objection would be. I'm guessing Steel Samurai fan would be fighting.

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:36 am »

Ergo, copycat.
But-But- i have a better ski-
I plead insanity

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 06, 2012, 08:51:01 am »

"O-oh my gosh!" Tara finally found her voice. She had no idea what was going on, or where she was, or what had just happened-- she thought she'd died for a second there! Grandfather Maxwell was there and everything, with the left side of his head attached again-- but she saw Nacho in trouble. She had to act to keep herself from going nuts.

"Nacho!"

>Run to Nacho's aid, grab a bottle of water or soft drink from somewhere (a store nearby, or maybe even my handbag) and tip it on him to extinguish the flames!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 06, 2012, 09:44:04 am »

If yes,Persuades Groudon to betray and kill his trainer, "Groudon! look at that puny human,you think that he is your trainer? YOUR MASTER?!
Unfortunately, Groudon isn't out yet. You can do that on...Charizard, Lugia, Swampert, Regigigas, or Genesect.

I have to wonder what moves like pay cut or objection would be. I'm guessing Steel Samurai fan would be fighting.
Steel Samurai fan would be, well, Steel. Pay Cut would be Normal, like the move Meowth can learn in the games, Pay Roll, and Objection would be....Let's say Dark type.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

RaNDM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mall Fight
Re: Mall Fight: RTD-ified *FULL* Gotta Catch 'em All!
« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2012, 01:40:45 am »

[2] "I'M A LOSER WHO'S WAY TOO OLD FOR POCKET MONSTERS! HA!" Once you realize what you just said, you decide to go hide in the nearest corner.

"Oh balls..."

I hide in my corner like the loser I am.

Okay... Time to go back. Almost ten years ago. You were eleven. Pokemon was still relevant. You played Ruby constantly. Think. Of. Weaknesses.

I think... Hard.

Charizard can be OP, but this is real life. All you really need is to douse the tail.

Someone else has that Meganium covered. I got nothing for that Swampert though. Shit out of luck there.

I peek from my corner in time to spot Ethan summoning his Lugia. I finally come up with a plan.

I dash toward Red's Charizard.

RaN: Draw Swampert or Lugia's fire, tricking them into dousing Charizard.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:39:01 pm by RaNDM »
I can't deal, man.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 13, 2012, 08:49:08 pm »

Sorry about the long wait, but an update shall come this weekend.

Also sorry for probably making you all think this was the update.

:P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 13, 2012, 10:05:14 pm »

Aw, I thought this was an update...
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2012, 07:26:02 pm »

WOO! Winter Break! Time for updates because I never specified WHICH weekend!

Hide and get uninfected.
Charles dives under a table, and reaches into his pocket, pulling out the Blood Bag! He realizes he doesn't know how to use it, so he just opens it and chugs it.
[4] And his pus-filled wounds seem to miraculously go away! He breathes a sigh of relief, and clutches his syringe gun, prepared for another attack.
My allies didn't help? Huh.

Gloriokal will attempt to summon a spirit from afar!
Gloriokal tries to use all of his energy to summon a spirit to come help him! He then realizes he doesn't have any Ghoul Effigies left! He has to try harder, as he's used to them doing all the work!
[5-1] She manages to lift a large spirit out of a nearby Hippo Statue! It floats over to her, and roars. Well, it's more of a gurgle really. But it's still threatening.
Ally gained: Hippo Spirit!
Hmm. Use Babahlese fire on Genesect. Order Gumshoe to shoot Genesect.

Also. Do my moves have any particular bonuses? Or is it only decided by my weaknesses/strengths? Also Tara, if you want you could use the spycicle to put Fernando out.
Edgeworth closes his eyes, waits a few seconds, to add to the awkward yet surprisingly dramatic silence, before pushing his palms downwards, sending two columns of fire shooting up from the ground! He thrusts his hands to the sides, then forwards, sending them in a serpentine fashion towards Genesect!
[6+1 vs. 6] Genesect's motherboard gets fried by the first harsh column of fire, but manages to leap out of the way, likely saving his life, and his hold item in the process. However, he's not safe yet! Gumshoe takes his gun out of its holster, and levels it at the giant insect, squeezing off two rounds!
[3 Vs. 2] The first skims pas the mecha-insect's leg, sending it to he ground!
[6 Vs. 2] and the next one finishes the job, piercing the brain! Genesect screeches, and melts into a pool of...something.
All that's left is the Chill Drive.
Gumshoe walks over and picks it up, pocketing it! He looks at his gun, and realizes that it's changed!
Gumshoe's move, Double Shot, is now Ice-Type! His gun now shoots ice bullets!
Harold, being the totally suave dude and such, walks up to the remaining pool of Genesect, and starts giving a rousing speech.
[1+1-1] Also, being the incredibly clumsy dude and such, falls face-first into the goo! And Mecha-Bug goo is not known for it's soothing and revitalizing properties.
[STATUS GAINED: BLIND]
Run up to Swampert, punch him hard enough in the chest to spit out water on me and extinguish the flames.
In his fiery rage, Nacho pulls himself off the wall, and charges Swampert, hoping to use the beast for personal needs!
[5 Vs. 1] Nacho leaps into the air, tackling Swampert to the ground, and sending a geyser of water into the air! He quickly leaps into it, putting out his fire, and healing his burns! He goes back to the downed and unconscious pokemon and tries to finish the job!
[5 Vs. 4-1] He leaps onto the Mud-Beast, punching it in the eye, and cracking the neck. It too, melts into a mud-like paste.
Hm...

What Type of attack would Lou's Soap Gun be? I'm guessing the Glaive-Guisarme is either Steel type or Fighting type.
Well, I'd assume Water Type, and it would work as a defensive move. Set it up, and if an enemy attacks with a physical move, it fails, and they take damage.

Okay.

Lou uses Soap Gun!
[4] Lou respawns right outside his Hideout in the Sword Shop, which also happens to be right next to the Cafeteria!
[5] He steps forwards and fires several quick bursts from the gun into the air, the slippery liquid landing around him, crating an incredibly effective barrier against physical attacks! (-2 to physical attacks against Lou!)

Edit:
If yes,Persuades Regigigas to betray and kill his trainer, "Regigigas! look at that puny human,you think that he is your trainer? YOUR MASTER?!
(lol,basically i always think Groudon and Regigigas are the "wild" type,so yeah.)
[5+2 Vs. 2] GM casually strolls over to the giant living monolith, and begins giving a rousing conversation!
"Hello! Yes, you, my good sir! You seem like the type of fellow who enjoys comfort!"
Regigigas thinks for a second, before nodding vigorously.
"Well, then why are you putting up with this obviously ignorant girl shoving you into a tiny, cramped, metal ball!? It can't be comfortable at all. I say, why don't you come stay with me after all of this is over? I'm ure I could find you some kind of accommodations! Like a hotel, JUST for you! If you help me, I dare say I might be able to get you this wonderful mall right here for you to stay in! There's more than enough food and beds to last a dozen lifetimes or so! What do you say?"
Dawn looks on in horror, as this dashing gentleman simply walks up and takes her precious pokemon! However, she decided to not intrude, as he DID have a compelling argument. It's not like she could ever get Regigigas back...not even if she offered him a Luxury pokeball. The things WERE cramped for a monster his size. She sits down on the floor, and contemplates her life decisions thus far.

MEANWHILE...

Regigigas is also sitting down, pondering the offer. After a couple minutes of what G.M thought was dep thinking. The creature lept up, nodding furiously! He would go with the man, doing whatever he needed, in return, he would get a home, food, and love!

"Splendid. Now, let's go. Say, would you mind giving me a lift?"
The 3.7-meter tall beast graciously picks up the gentleman, placing him on his shoulders!
"Away!"

[Ally Gained: Regigigas!]

"O-oh my gosh!" Tara finally found her voice. She had no idea what was going on, or where she was, or what had just happened-- she thought she'd died for a second there! Grandfather Maxwell was there and everything, with the left side of his head attached again-- but she saw Nacho in trouble. She had to act to keep herself from going nuts.

"Nacho!"

>Run to Nacho's aid, grab a bottle of water or soft drink from somewhere (a store nearby, or maybe even my handbag) and tip it on him to extinguish the flames!
[2] Seeing her love partner struggling, Tara runs to a nearby table, narrowly avoiding tripping over Charles, and grabs a bottle of Whisky off the table! But as she runs back, she sees Nacho wet, not-burning, and standing in a puddle of Mudkip. She shrugs and chugs the bottle herself.

[2] "I'M A LOSER WHO'S WAY TOO OLD FOR POCKET MONSTERS! HA!" Once you realize what you just said, you decide to go hide in the nearest corner.

"Oh balls..."

I hide in my corner like the loser I am.

Okay... Time to go back. Almost ten years ago. You were eleven. Pokemon was still relevant. You played Ruby constantly. Think. Of. Weaknesses.

I think... Hard.

Charizard can be OP, but this is real life. All you really need is to douse the tail.

Someone else has that Meganium covered. I got nothing for that Swampert though. Shit out of luck there.

I peek from my corner in time to spot Ethan summoning his Lugia. I finally come up with a plan.

I dash toward Red's Charizard.

RaN: Draw Swampert or Lugia's fire, tricking them into dousing Charizard.
[5] You perk up, and run up to where Swampert USED to be. Until he melted. But he's still a liquid! You decide to grab a convenient bucket, and you fill it to the brim with Ex-Swampert water! You run up to Charizard who doesn't seem to be looking!
[6 Vs. 6-1] Charizard senses something, and turns around, just in time to watch his tail fizzle out! He screams and tries to claw you with his last remaining energy!
[2-1 Vs. 4+1] The fire-beast gets incredibly dizzy just before he can bring his arm down. He stumbles a bit, searching for something that could re-ignite his flame. His gaze falls on Lou. The Flamethrower! He stumbles wearily towards the Janitor!
[4-1-2 Vs. 6] He fails to notice the barrier, and his feet fly out from under him. Arms flailing, he collapses to the ground, unmoving. He melts into a bubbling goo, right before Lou's eyes.

BOSS TURNS
RED pulls the brim of his hat down, in shame for the pathetic animal. He pulls out another Pokeball, sending out Blastoise, with 268/268 HP, and Aqua Tail, Rain Dance, Skull Bash, and Hydro Pump!

Blastoise uses Rain Dance!
[5] It started Raining Furiously!

Lugia uses Future Sight on G.M!
[1] But it failed! Lugia will be hit by it's own psychic attack two turns from now!

May looks sad! She sends out Sceptile, with 250/250 HP, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Agility, and Leaf Storm!
Sceptile uses Agility!
[3] And gets a slight speed boost! (Gets a 50% chance to roll a +1 to a dodge roll.)

Dawn is too depressed to throw out another pokemon!

Hilbert Scowls, and throws out Emboar, with 330/330 HP, Assurance, Flamethrower, Head Smash, and Flare Blitz!
Emboar uses Head Smash on [6] Charles, who is still hiding under a table!
[2 Vs. 6] But he missed!

The allies...
[2] Stand around, staring at each other.
((For them to do something, you have to TELL them to do something. Or let them get a good A.I roll.
Spoiler: Bosses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players' Status' (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

As for a new schedule...

I shall be updating every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, unless someone HASN'T posted an action.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:54:58 am by Greenstarfanatic »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 22, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »

Swear.
Convert Red to my side. Or some other Boss.
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 22, 2012, 08:10:07 pm »

Run back in and spray Pokemenz with Syringes.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 72