Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1035115 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7470 on: November 20, 2013, 07:09:06 pm »

Can't we just exile them like we did Scott?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: November 20, 2013, 07:13:01 pm »

Meanwhile, up in Canada, I'm laughing at all you guys and then crying because of Rob Ford and Stephen Harper fucking everything up.

WE WERE PERFECT BEFORE YOU CAME ALONG. WHY.
The spirit of Bob Filner has possessed them after being exorcised by his non-existent therapy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: November 20, 2013, 07:20:15 pm »

-snip!-

Indeed. I've often met tourists from other parts of the nation (USA: We're so big that we go on vacation to ourselves) and I could instantly and readily discuss things with them and we'd have a pretty similar viewpoint. And the 'sure is great living in America' thing is a fantastic way to start a conversation with a tourist, because then you can both talk about why your particular slice of America is awesome. In F_D's case, this would be Jim Beam candy and stuff. In my case, it would be trailer parks and meth. I mean, incredibly low cost of living.
Home of the guy who invented basketball. I win.
Seriously, I live near the Legends in Kansas, and there are statues and plaques all over the front entrance area about awesome Kansas is.
Home of the guys who perfected basketball.  :P

UNC and Duke both have higher winning percentages and more wins in the history of the NCAA Tournament than either Kentucky or Kansas. And they have to play each other twice a year, whereas Kentucky has the SEC to beat up on and Kansas has the Big 12. Plus, basketball is like an unofficial state religion. The ACC Tournament is our Mardi Gras.
The truth begs to differ. We have the second most NCAA championships, too, and would have the most if it weren't for John Wooden.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: November 20, 2013, 07:58:40 pm »

I just got sigged twice in one day.
Why is that stupid?

...Nevermind  :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: November 20, 2013, 08:05:11 pm »

Oh, and a few incredibly important points I forgot to address:

Hans:
1. Bourbon balls are a triumph of the chocolateer's trade. They're so amazing I possibly coined a word to describe people who make them.
2. We have more than our share of meth and trailer parks here, too, ya know.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: November 20, 2013, 08:43:44 pm »

Oooh, are we talking about why our places of living are awesome? Texas has...uh...guns. And cows in some places. And guns. And republicans. And, shoot, I'm not doing good in the whole "awesome" category.

We got some cool bands. Explosions in the Sky, This Will Destroy You, Pantera, those guys with the beards ZZ Top. Also we got SXSW festival, that's cool right?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: November 20, 2013, 09:17:04 pm »

I live in Washington. It's the same as Space Cat's description of Texas, but with more horses, fewer cows, more republicans and less bands.

I pretty much live in Idaho, actually, but it's nominally (and legally) Washington.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: November 20, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »

that's my name what

when... when was I exiled?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: November 20, 2013, 10:30:21 pm »

that's my name what

when... when was I exiled?

Oh, that was a while back. There was a vote, but you missed it.

Shouldn't have been such a dick.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: November 20, 2013, 10:35:25 pm »

and being less than 200 miles from the worst place to live in the Anglophone world.

And where would that be?
Detroit.

I guess "worst" is incorrect. Just "most crime-ridden".
Johannesburg, South Africa is actually much more dangerous than Detroit, and one of the official languages of South Africa is English. Besides, Detroit is only really bad if you go hang out in the hood. There are a lot of lovely abandoned buildings and two very nice stadiums downtown. Also, the rest of Michigan is pretty nice, provided you stay out of Battle Creek, which is mini-Detroit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: November 21, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »

Stop right there. Universal health care is a sucky thing. What's more, you know it because you never bothered to even point at an argument for chaining people to it. If it was so wonderful then somebody, somewhere, in some country, would have made the fucker voluntary. If it's so fantastic then nearly nobody would opt out. So shove your universal health care up your ass.
I have no fucking idea what this is all about. So... if nationalised healthcare is a good thing people should be allowed to opt out of it? Why would anyone want to opt out of getting medical treatment?
Can someone please explain this person's political opinions I don't get it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: November 21, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

Stop right there. Universal health care is a sucky thing. What's more, you know it because you never bothered to even point at an argument for chaining people to it. If it was so wonderful then somebody, somewhere, in some country, would have made the fucker voluntary. If it's so fantastic then nearly nobody would opt out. So shove your universal health care up your ass.
I have no fucking idea what this is all about. So... if nationalised healthcare is a good thing people should be allowed to opt out of it? Why would anyone want to opt out of getting medical treatment?

I don't understand that either.. here in Britain you can get it done on the NHS if it's effecting your quality of life or killing you, but if it's just cosmetic you have to get it down privately. Though you always have the choice to have it done privately as well, which is generally a lot faster and some would say better. So you can kind of opt out. If it's about paying tax that supports national health, that's silly, because that's not how tax works. If you never used roads you can't not pay some tax because that would go towards road upkeep and you never use them. Same sort of thin applies.

(Though there isn't an actual 'Road Tax' as soon many believe there is.)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: November 21, 2013, 06:13:06 pm »

So what do tax disks show you've paid? My life has been a lie.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: November 21, 2013, 06:18:42 pm »

So what do tax disks show you've paid? My life has been a lie.
Roads are maintained either through a small tax on gas and large vehicle (55,000+ lbs) registration (for the national level) or through vehicle registration fees at the state level mostly (though this varies a little bit from state to state).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: November 21, 2013, 06:59:56 pm »

I think (well, guess) the idea is that since universal healthcare is good, it doesn't need to be obligatory, because people won't WANT to opt-out, and so it being obligatory... proves that it isn't good, I suppose.

And people don't want to opt out of getting treatment, but out of a particular way it is organized.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 510