Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1033972 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7020 on: October 19, 2013, 03:23:26 pm »

Essentially, anything is better than that.

If that's what Scottish bacon is like then that's a pretty strong argument against independence right there :) South of the border our bacon is lovely, crisp and tasty.

I'd say it's a argument for independence then, to keep that monstrous excuse for bacon on their side of the border ;)

Honestly, though, that looks like what we over here call "fry-pork", and it's awesome in it's own way (for example, served with potatoes and onion sauce and lingonberry jam). But I would never eat it like you do with bacon.
Love, scriver~

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: October 19, 2013, 03:29:14 pm »

[nitpick]

In that year ... there were 33,808 deaths and injuries related to auto accidents in the U.S.

The average annual number of tobacco-related deaths in the U.S. in recent years is estimated to be around 440,000.

...smoking leads to 130% as many deaths as driving, using flat numbers.

Isn't that 1300%?

[/nitpick]

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7022 on: October 19, 2013, 10:24:38 pm »

I had someone accuse me of hacking in Planetside 2 after I killed him a single time. He even claimed that they had video of it, but when I asked him what good a video would do when he wasn't even looking at me, he didn't respond.

It's kind of funny, because I'm not even that good at the game.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:32 am »

If you do a dangerous activity, then you get some sort of insurance. (At least, I think you do, I'm a bit young to know when insurance is used, but my aikedo sensei is insured.)
Your Aikido sensei has insurance that covers all of the students and the building.

Insurance pays out in case of incident. If I have car insurance (and I'm legally forced to buy it if I want to drive,) I pay it monthly, but they only pay if something happens that is covered by the insurance. If I get into a car crash, they'll pay for a certain amount of repairs based on how much I pay a month. If I cause injury to someone in the crash, I hit a pedestrian for example, they pay for their injuries up to a certain amount (minimum personal injury coverage for my state is $1M,) and jack up my monthly pay rate (called the premium) and make me pay the rest. My home insurance pays out if my house burns down (and it's not caused by me setting it on fire on purpose.) Health insurance pays out if you stay in the hospital because you're injured or extremely sick.

I don't have health insurance because it would cost more than all of my weekly pay and for whatever reason I don't qualify for Medicare/Medicaid, despite being extremely low income. One of the DHS workers heavily implied that I would never qualify because I have external genitalia and/or not enough melanin in my skin.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »

How many second opinions have you gotten on that? :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7025 on: October 20, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »

Essentially, anything is better than that.
That right there is a rasher, and is damn well good don't you fret. And if you fret, don't you eat; more for me!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: October 20, 2013, 03:22:42 pm »

The only rasher I've ever looked favourably upon was that pig Dennis the Menace owned in the Beano.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: October 20, 2013, 03:25:03 pm »

TBH, that one wasn't that amazing either, what with being, well, one of Dennis' pets.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: October 22, 2013, 12:31:01 am »

But it isn't crispy or smoked, it's just a flabby rasher that no matter how long you cook it, it will remain flabby and meaty. A depressing thing altogether.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: October 22, 2013, 12:31:53 am »

But it isn't crispy or smoked, it's just a flabby rasher that no matter how long you cook it, it will remain flabby and meaty. A depressing thing altogether.
You see, there's a distinction between 'cook' and 'BURNINATE'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:22 am »

I don't particualy like bacon. I don't eat mammal meat, and turkey bacon is sort of meh unless it's paired with lettuce and tomato.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: October 22, 2013, 01:56:16 am »

I don't particualy like bacon. I don't eat mammal meat, and turkey bacon is sort of meh unless it's paired with lettuce and tomato.
Not even rabbit? Rabbit is wonderful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: October 22, 2013, 02:18:45 am »

Not even rabbit? Rabbit is wonderful.
As is hybrid cow-bison, made specifically for meat!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: October 22, 2013, 10:23:14 am »

But burnination is simply carbination in this case. American bacon is altogether superior.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: October 22, 2013, 10:26:36 am »

But burnination is simply carbination in this case. American bacon is altogether superior.

what sort of misplaced nationalism does it take to not buy raw pieces of pig and prepare them yourself or at least having them prepared by an actual butcher, not a piece of machinery which frankly doesn't give a damn if you enjoy the product or not, and then cooking it just as you like it and you know simply enjoying the end result instead of telling people "your way of eating is bad and you should feel bad" (claims of heresy and demands to cease destroying perfectly good bacon optional)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:28:10 am by LordSlowpoke »
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 510