Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1035215 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2460 on: October 28, 2012, 04:16:16 am »

Alex Jones et al were saying October 2012 for martial law a couple of months ago. I guess they pushed it back. Alex Jones would probably claim "our 'journalism' on the issue exposed their plans, so they had to rethink it".

Infowars.com
August 11, 2012
Martial law is being prepared for a staged banking collapse in the late October.This is a Red Alert!

Only exposing the fact that this is staged will make them back off.

Let’s get to work exposing the Banksters.

Don’t sit around with a bunch of guns talking about some physical confrontation. We don’t want it to go to that.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

Use It!

This is not a game…

it is WAR!!!

Hmmm Alex Jones beat me to it. He already wrote into the scenario that his 'expose' was the only way to avert the disaster.

Forums User Meat Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • meet whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 28, 2012, 06:48:31 am »

Picking things either from the mouth of Alex Jones or Infowars is pretty low-hanging fruit for the thread. It's better to be surprised by the stupid rather than just expect it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 28, 2012, 10:39:14 am »

Apparantly the american governement will declare national martial law in 1 or two years and completely take over and murder everybody.

If Romney is elected that sounds about right.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 28, 2012, 11:40:59 am »

Apparantly the american governement will declare national martial law in 1 or two years and completely take over and murder everybody.

If Romney is elected that sounds about right.

That's being unfair. Malicious incompetence isn't the short track to genocide.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 28, 2012, 12:40:24 pm »

It is, just incompetent genocide.

Remember Hitler? You know how there are still Jews around?
Nothing important here, move along.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 28, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »

It is, just incompetent genocide.

Remember Hitler? You know how there are still Jews around?
He killled 5 million in 6 years. That isn't very inefficient. That's ignoring the number of non-jews he genocided, over 6 million. Total: 11 million.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 28, 2012, 06:17:22 pm »

Hitler executed at a rate of approximately 5023 people per day. During the Yezhovshchina, Stalin only managed around 1000 people per day. Yeah, the bastard was hellishly efficient, in every sense of the word.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 28, 2012, 06:44:55 pm »

You raise a good point.

Shows just how ridiculously hard it is to actually pull off a real genocide, I guess. Humans are tough bastards.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 28, 2012, 07:14:21 pm »

Less that, more that you just have to be batshit insane, firmly in control of an internationally significant power, and possess the willingness to drive your nation's economy into the ground for the sole purpose of killing as many people as possible.

So in other words you need to take lessons learned in Europa Universalis, Aurora, and Civilization and apply them to the real world.

3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2469 on: October 28, 2012, 07:18:58 pm »

And your people need to follow you. Don't forget that. Hitler didn't individually go around stabbing 11 million people in the face alone.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: October 28, 2012, 07:25:25 pm »

Tell that to the folks that compare everyone to him.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 28, 2012, 07:26:13 pm »

And your people need to follow you. Don't forget that. Hitler didn't individually go around stabbing 11 million people in the face alone.
Would've been way more impressive if he had.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 28, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »

That naturally leads to the question: How many people could Hitler have killed between 1939 and 1944 if he had been facestabbing exclusively?

We'll set aside zero hours per day for sleep (he's a busy guy and hopped up on amphetamines to boot), and assume that travel time between victims is nil (the SS is herding the entire population of Europe towards his stabbin' arm). The force needed to crack a human skull can be averaged at around 473N (not going to bother with psi for the sake of a joke in terrible taste). Now, a human can punch with more force than that, but Hitler is a fairly shrimpy guy. Still, he has a knife, so the force will be concentrated on the point. Let's assume 1.5 stabs on average to stab someone to death. Measuring the time it takes for me to deliver 1.5 overhanded stabbing motions gives around 2 seconds. So 0.5 stabbing fatalities per second.

Ignoring actual dates for the sake of simplicity, there are 189216000 seconds in the time period we are considering. That equates to 94,608,000 stabbing deaths over six years. If he slept for 4 hours per day, he would "only" have stabbed 78,840,000 people to death over the time period measured.

The conclusion is obvious, ladies and gentlemen. If Hitler had perpetrated the Holocaust by personally facestabbing people, he would have killed 7.1 times as many people as Nazi Germany did in real life.

I'm so, so sorry. Both for the topic and the terrible, sloppy maths.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:32:22 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 28, 2012, 07:31:46 pm »

That naturally leads to the question: How many people could Hitler have killed between 1939 and 1944 if he had been facestabbing exclusively?

We'll set aside zero hours per day for sleep (he's a busy guy and hopped up on amphetamines to boot), and assume that travel time between victims is nil (the SS is herding the entire population of Europe towards his stabbin' arm). The force needed to crack a human skull can be averaged at around 473N (not going to bother with psi for the sake of a joke in terrible taste). Now, a human can punch with more force than that, but Hitler is a fairly shrimpy guy. Still, he has a knife, so the force will be concentrated on the point. Let's assume 1.5 stabs on average to stab someone to death. Measuring the time it takes for me to deliver 1.5 overhanded stabbing motions gives around 2 seconds. So 0.5 stabbing fatalities per second.

Ignoring actual dates for the sake of simplicity, there are 189216000 seconds in the time period we are considering. That equates to 94,608,000 stabbing deaths over six years.

The conclusion is obvious, ladies and gentlemen. If Hitler had perpetrated the Holocaust by personally facestabbing people, he would have killed 8.6 times as many people as Nazi Germany did in real life.

I'm so, so sorry. Both for the topic and the terrible, sloppy maths.

Don't be sorry, you're a genius!
Someone needs to weaponize this now.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 28, 2012, 07:32:55 pm »

I went back and corrected for sleeping time, because even Hitler needs nappy time between stabbings.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 510