Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 144918 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (9874 BC - We're more Aztec than the Aztecs)
« Reply #420 on: August 15, 2012, 01:50:41 pm »

We should have the ability to make multiple holy cities. Maybe you get a Great Prophet, and he can make any city a holy one, but he only lasts for three turns or so?
You'll have to discuss that with the mod makers, not me. They're still trying to balance religions.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18:16 am »

Can I say that I love you guys and want to have your children? Not your babies though, too high maintance.

Anyways posting to watch.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2012, 11:30:24 am »

Can I say that I love you guys and want to have your children? Not your babies though, too high maintance.

Anyways posting to watch.

Dang child stealers

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (9127 BC - Four Cities)
« Reply #423 on: August 18, 2012, 10:28:58 am »

Here's a short update way later than it should be. In completely unrelated news, I recently bought Kerbal Space Program.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Divine Cult is in the lead, so I revolt to that. Also, since we're sedentary now, we can upgrade our gatherers to workers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once we've established the Divine Cult, we can convert to Naghualism. Wait, shouldn't it be the other way around?

We encounter Gilgamesh of the Maori Empire

We also research the first technology necessary for Bear Riders: Elephant Domestication. We don't have any elephants, but then again we captured fire without capturing fire.

Meanwhile our tribe has made its way to its destination, settling our fourth city. And we can call it a city because we're sedentary now!

Aberpanapopuma has huge borders.

Aw, not again.

We train a Huron Manlet. As far as I can tell, it's a log ram that can defend itself better. Kind of underwhelming as far as unique units go.

Aberpanapopuma has grown enough to support a tannery. Soon we'll be building units both MP4 and Aberpanapopuma.

And finally, our scouting hunter swoops in and captures an unguarded Brazilian gatherer.

This isn't much of an update, but I wanted to reassure people that this isn't dead.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 18, 2012, 07:33:25 pm »

We have our fourth city! Well on the way to the sprawling enemy-capturing-and-sacrificing empire we're meant to be! Except that I don't think you can actually capture or sacrifice units... so, yeah.

woohoo!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 18, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »

We have our fourth city! Well on the way to the sprawling enemy-capturing-and-sacrificing empire we're meant to be! Except that I don't think you can actually capture or sacrifice units... so, yeah.

woohoo!
Can't capture or sacrifice units without slavery, and Barter beat Slavery in the vote.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 18, 2012, 08:36:43 pm »

We're going to try for a "good-guy communism" if it works like it does in the vanilla game. But that's obviously off limits right now.

Anyhow, I say we work on expansion almost exclusively, then switch over to fortification, and then start churning out science like there's mo tomorrow. I call it my five-era-plan.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 18, 2012, 10:28:32 pm »

Oh I didn't realize you could capture enemy units at all. Huh. But just "sprawling empire" is still a pretty good goal. :P
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 18, 2012, 10:34:26 pm »

Huuh... C2C has no non-animal conversion beyond slavery, at all? I know the game can do it -- Masters of Mana has an upgrade path for religious units that grants a chance to convert living enemies, ferex -- but I've... still not bothered to play base Civ4 or BtS, nor C2C for very long. So dunno if there's not like a demagogue or something later on that can get their violent proselytizing on.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (8287 BC - The Second Violent Migration Begins)
« Reply #429 on: August 21, 2012, 04:18:56 pm »

Our update begins with our scout discovering this: A stack of Hunnic units deep in Brazilian territory, and some city ruins. Gee, I wonder what happened here.

Hilariously enough, it appears that the only Hunnic units that survived the attack were some Hunters and a Scout - presumably because they attacked last, since Hunters have a city attack penalty. They all attack our Hunter, and don't even manage to scratch him.

A little while later, we discover Equine Domestication.

The Brazilians organize what might be a counterattack. I don't plan on sticking around to see if it is.

The AI really loves Atlatlists. Nearly all the units in this picture are Atlatlists. It makes sense, since they're Strength 4 when almost every other unit is Strength 3. The Atl-atl is an archery unit, but it's actually part of the "skirmisher" line of archery units, and gains bonuses against other archers. They can upgrade into bowmen, becoming mainline archery units, or they can upgrade into javelinists, who are the next tier of skirmishers.

The people of Popumayapan have started building shelters made entirely out of snow. Seems a bit silly to me, shelters are there to keep out snow, plus they'll melt in the summer.

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for... Megafauna Domestication!

We can build bear riders now, right? Nope, we need to build training buildings first. Those are world wonders, so there can only be one of each.

Some centuries later, the Second Violent Migration is ready. It's mostly Neanderthal Warriors and Stone Macemen. Neanderthals have native Str 4 and a free Combat I promotion, while Stone Macemen have a city attack bonus. Hopefully bamboo armor and big bonuses versus cities will be enough to defeat the Persian defenses.

Now, the question is, should we attack the lightly-defended Susa, or the valuable Persepolis? Should we attempt to hold Persepolis if we capture it, or burn it to the ground because it'll be too difficult to administrate and defend?

Also, here's a comparison of Tribal society and Caste System society.

Finally, have the tech tree.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:01 pm »

I'd say raze Susa, take and hold (if you can manage it) Persepolis.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 21, 2012, 04:47:42 pm »

Oh yeah, a few notes:
-A captured city always loses one population in the sack, regardless of whether you raze it or not. That means a city with one population is automatically razed.
-If you capture a city from another civ, and that civ still exists, it'll drive local instability right up. We didn't suffer that with the Celts because they only had one city.
-Persia has at least three cities.

Still, Persepolis is a big and wealthy city, and a holy city to boot, so capturing it would be worth it. Basically, if we just want to kill Persia, I'd suggest a direct attack on Persepolis, and to raze it to the ground. If we want to capture Persepolis, I'd suggest razing the other Persian cities first and then taking Persepolis.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2012, 04:52:46 pm »

Capture Persepolis, but burn down Susa first. We can deal with the instability if needed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:52 pm »

Yeah, wreck the rest of persia then capture the big one. It being by the coast would be a good bonus, too... makes it easier to extend trade up in there. And hey, pre-built city. Is good, yes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 21, 2012, 05:15:33 pm »

Implement Caste System. It's inequality time up in here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43