Advanced search  

Poll

would you support it?

Yes
No
maybe/depends
only if it's <insert country/organization here>

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Hypothetical situation: steamroll North Korea  (Read 13514 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
Re: Hypothetical situation: steamroll North Korea
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2012, 02:08:22 pm »

Cutting off aid will worsen the humanitary conditions.

Nothing to be done about it. Aid is a great way to keep the regime in power, which is the ultimate cause of problems, and is run through the North Korean government anyway.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2012, 02:17:31 pm »

Don't they throw all the aid stuffs we give them into their military and then tell their citizens that the ebil American imperialist scum are blocking aid?
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2012, 02:22:00 pm »

I mean reality is often stranger than fiction. A guy who posted one of the Teddy Bears's pictures online got arreted for "facilitating illegal migration", presumably for hosting an illegal alien teddy bear.
For the record, I'm pretty sure the illegal immigrant in question is supposed to be the airplane pilot(s).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2012, 02:51:24 pm »

Having lived on the border of North Korea, I know for a fact that China would indeed be "pissed off" if the DPRK were "steamrolled." There was an incident in which a North Korean border guard shot two Chinese citizens suspected of being runaway North Koreans. It was never in the Chinese media (of course); only the locals and the government knew about it. It did absolutely nothing to harm relations. I would be surprised if there was even a slap on the wrist, although it is possible the border guards was executed.

And on a completely different, arguably tasteless note... I haven't met many, but what I can say for North Koreans is that they know how to party just as well as they know how to suffer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNBfBr-OGU

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2012, 03:54:48 pm »

Cutting off aid will worsen the humanitary conditions.

Nothing to be done about it. Aid is a great way to keep the regime in power, which is the ultimate cause of problems, and is run through the North Korean government anyway.
I would in fact use this fact to our benefit. North Korea has pitifully few doctors, even less experienced ones. All that you would need to do is taint the grain with a disease, like Plague, TB, or what have you. Since none of the aid goes to the poor, and is instead funneled to the military, the black market, and the upper class you wouldn't even need to feel that bad.

With everyone sick and dying, it might prove to be the push that a revolt needs... Of course the north koreans could just SHOOT everyone that's sick, but what can you do.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2012, 03:56:49 pm »

Last I heard germ warfare wasn't legal, plus that would be an obvious act of war, etc etc.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »

Last I heard germ warfare wasn't legal, plus that would be an obvious act of war, etc etc.
Legal? Bah, I'd rather have my Agent Orange and infused napalm
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2012, 01:35:41 am »

I would in fact use this fact to our benefit. North Korea has pitifully few doctors, even less experienced ones. All that you would need to do is taint the grain with a disease, like Plague, TB, or what have you. Since none of the aid goes to the poor, and is instead funneled to the military, the black market, and the upper class you wouldn't even need to feel that bad.

With everyone sick and dying, it might prove to be the push that a revolt needs... Of course the north koreans could just SHOOT everyone that's sick, but what can you do.
Endo- and Entomological warfare both are warcrimes and go directly against the Geneva convention. They don't discriminate between civilian or soldier and cause immense suffering before killing.
If you become the North Koreans to defeat them, you have already lost.
/Yoda

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2012, 04:23:53 am »

The thing is, if North Korea were "liberated", all the civvies would have no idea what to do in the world, and would hardly function in this world, as they are probably used to believe whatever propaganda they see and such...
[/assumptionbasedonjustsomerandomtoughtihadD:]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2012, 06:29:32 am »

Yeah, this time, it's totally going to work. Honest guys, we steamroll them and we're home in two month top.
The peoples of north korea will be delighted to have us there, I cannot see what could go wrong.

Rolf
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2012, 06:38:23 am »

Yeah, this time, it's totally going to work. Honest guys, we steamroll them and we're home in two month top.
The peoples of north korea will be delighted to have us there, I cannot see what could go wrong.

Rolf
Please read the thread before posting.
I dont think you understand it. This thread was made to discuss what is wrong/could go wrong.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2012, 02:18:14 pm »

I cannot see what could go wrong.
The North Koreans deploy the death star

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2012, 07:22:15 pm »

They can't feed themselves, how could they find the supplies to wage a war against one of the largest army in the world (Their own)?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2012, 07:31:42 pm »

They can't feed themselves, how could they find the supplies to wage a war against one of the largest army in the world (Their own)?
Well it usually involves shooting at the invading army.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2012, 03:48:00 am »

But, North Korea is Best Korea..

Also, This
NSFW
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8