Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687651 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #9465 on: January 10, 2024, 09:44:22 am »

Sandwich is [Bread product][Filling][Bread product]

It can be semi-wrapped, like you got one slice of bread and folded it over the filling. At most one side can be closed, any more and you're veering into calzone territory.

*Diogenes bursts into the scene, holding what is clearly a calzone sliced on one side and filled with raw tomato, lettuce, fried bacon and boiled eggs*

"Behold, a sandwich!"
I don't care what you call it, give it to me.

No can do  :P
As far as I know they only make them in a certain city (Volos, Greece)
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: January 10, 2024, 09:59:09 am »

It can be semi-wrapped, like you got one slice of bread and folded it over the filling. At most one side can be closed, any more and you're veering into calzone territory.

*Diogenes bursts into the scene, holding what is clearly a calzone sliced on one side and filled with raw tomato, lettuce, fried bacon and boiled eggs*

"Behold, a sandwich!"
Engaging in taxonomy debate to trick Diogenes into catering~
...then remembering how unhygeinic he is :-\

ninja'd by Egan heh

And I don't think I'd like the texture of crisps between bread, but yes the flavors are great.  Maybe next time I chop and sautee some potato slices, I'll try eating them between slices of bread.  With mustard or something!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: January 10, 2024, 10:17:31 am »

No can do  :P
As far as I know they only make them in a certain city (Volos, Greece)

Hmph, I'll just have to make my own then!

...Though how do you avoid cooking the innards when you seal and bake the calzone? Perhaps you make a plain cheese calzone and then cut in half to stuff stuff in there? Mmmm~
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: January 10, 2024, 01:06:16 pm »

Exactly, they just make plain cheese-tomato sauce calzones and then they slice it on the side to fill it with whatever one would put on a sandwich. The most well known version is filled with french fries and some ham-mayo condiment.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: January 11, 2024, 03:03:42 am »

I was under the impression that a calzone was not a sandwich and was in fact its own thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9470 on: January 11, 2024, 10:34:56 am »

"Behold, a sandwich!"

Sounds bangin tbh. Could even call it the diogenes and make gorillions

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: January 11, 2024, 08:09:04 pm »

Why does drinking something scalding hot make my sore throat feel better?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: January 12, 2024, 06:18:09 am »

Get kicked in the crotch hard enough and you won't care about the splinter in your thumb!

Does said beverage happen to have sugar in it?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: January 12, 2024, 07:06:16 am »

Outside my work there's a fountain. One day a branch of a terrestrial plant (a nearby bush) was tossed in. It has stayed green and has been there for months now.

Is that thing like...alive still? Is it producing oxygen? It gets a lot of direct sunlight, and is covered by about 40cm of clear water.

I ask because if it /is/ producing oxygen, that could be a nice feature to a fishtank or closed ecosystem. So that's really my main question.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: January 12, 2024, 07:22:37 am »

Sounds like something that could both disperse through cuttings and colonise swampy areas as well, and you got the hearthiest one of the bunch. Is it trying to throw roots? It might be producing oxygen but if it's not growing it's probably just running extremly economically on the rest of it's reserves, in that case I wouldn't expect it to be very productive.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9475 on: January 12, 2024, 07:35:46 am »

Outside my work there's a fountain. One day a branch of a terrestrial plant (a nearby bush) was tossed in. It has stayed green and has been there for months now.

Is that thing like...alive still? Is it producing oxygen? It gets a lot of direct sunlight, and is covered by about 40cm of clear water.

I ask because if it /is/ producing oxygen, that could be a nice feature to a fishtank or closed ecosystem. So that's really my main question.
I know there are a fair few plants that are amphibious, emergent or just weird. You get emergent plants that grow submerged and work their way up top so their roots are fully submerged but their leaves rise above the water line. Amphibious plants that are accustomed to living in land or in water, or are accustomed to flood cycles where for periods they expect to be wholly submerged and in other periods fully terrestial. Then you get the weird ones who can switch forms depending on whether they're fully submerged or not. Then there are marginal plants which like growing on river banks or pondsides and bog plants which might also be able to live happily after being chucked in a fountain. It may be a very lucky accident that this is one of the rare species able to tolerate its roots being submerged

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: January 12, 2024, 08:13:22 am »

Sounds like something that could both disperse through cuttings and colonise swampy areas as well, and you got the hearthiest one of the bunch. Is it trying to throw roots? It might be producing oxygen but if it's not growing it's probably just running extremly economically on the rest of it's reserves, in that case I wouldn't expect it to be very productive.

Honestly it doesn't look like it has changed at all. It's a stick about 15 cm long with about 6 leaves on it.

The leaves themselves look pretty hearty. Thick and glossy like holly leaves, though simply almond shaped. Seems likely they're just running on what they've got. It doesn't seem to be thriving, more just surviving the conditions.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: January 12, 2024, 01:24:38 pm »

Get kicked in the crotch hard enough and you won't care about the splinter in your thumb!

Does said beverage happen to have sugar in it?
Nope.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: January 13, 2024, 04:54:15 am »

I cut a tree down awhile back and one of the logs from it continued to grow new leaves for a few weeks after it was cut down despite leaning against a fence without water.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: January 13, 2024, 11:14:26 am »

Honestly it doesn't look like it has changed at all. It's a stick about 15 cm long with about 6 leaves on it.

The leaves themselves look pretty hearty. Thick and glossy like holly leaves, though simply almond shaped. Seems likely they're just running on what they've got. It doesn't seem to be thriving, more just surviving the conditions.

Stick it in the dirt nearby and see if it survives.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 637