Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687569 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #8655 on: October 21, 2022, 02:45:37 am »

His books are so long now days I'm surprised people keep reading them to find out the ending sucks.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: October 21, 2022, 09:43:27 am »

I guess the journey is worth the destination, heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: October 21, 2022, 10:04:11 am »

So I've always had anxiety when it comes to presentations. Usually I keep it under control and I'm complimented on my presentation style/content. Today I tried to speak but my heart rate was way up and I couldn't get the words out properly. It was fine(ish) because I asked the other panelist to go first instead, then engaged normally, even well, afterwards.

But I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to alleviate the stress/panic/anxiety in future. Maybe have a glass of wine beforehand?

This isn't really something I like to discuss, but I will on the off-chance it helps someone else on here.

I'd been leery of anti-anxiety drugs. They change brain-chemistry, can be addictive, and come with buckets of side-effects. After some research, however, I landed on propranolol - a beta-blocker. It's not addictive, is unlikely to have side-effects, and doesn't impact brain-chemistry. It seems to control adrenaline production, not work in the brain.

After talking to my doctor, I got - and fulfilled - a prescription. It has made presenting 1000x more bearable. My heart-rate remains consistent, and I can speak freely.

It's also helpful in simple day-to-day use.

In short: If you are prone to anxiety/panic attacks, ask your doc for a propranolol prescription.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: October 21, 2022, 04:43:57 pm »

Oh hey, I used to take propranolol to help me sleep. It served me quite well, but it of course needs to be respected. Also, absolutely do not drink alcohol while under the effects, it's deeply unpleasant :P

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: October 21, 2022, 06:01:40 pm »

I've been burned too many times by psychiatry.  The local one's a quack and I bet if you gave me an excel sheet of all the pills and correct doses I could do better than him.  Practically guesswork which one's gonna work for you anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: October 21, 2022, 08:18:46 pm »

Oh hey, I used to take propranolol to help me sleep. It served me quite well, but it of course needs to be respected. Also, absolutely do not drink alcohol while under the effects, it's deeply unpleasant :P

And it was so promising.  :P

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Th4DwArfY1 was just co-opted by the Drug Companies to run an ad for them, so whatever.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: October 21, 2022, 08:19:50 pm »

I've been burned too many times by psychiatry.  The local one's a quack and I bet if you gave me an excel sheet of all the pills and correct doses I could do better than him.  Practically guesswork which one's gonna work for you anyway.

But if you proscribed your own meds, then YOU could be the one getting the kickbacks!They stopped doing that in some areas

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: October 22, 2022, 05:58:11 am »

I'm 'avin' a propa' nololololol
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: October 22, 2022, 06:17:24 am »

Is the search broken for anyone else? It shows me one page of results, but any other pages are blank.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: October 22, 2022, 08:49:16 am »

I often just Google restrict through search to just bay12 directly rather than use the forum search engine. I have to check the exact command every time but I think it is "site:webadress.com" or something
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: October 22, 2022, 10:48:09 am »

Is the search broken for anyone else? It shows me one page of results, but any other pages are blank.

Yeah, that sometimes happens to me.  It also usually doesn't sort like I would like.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8666 on: October 22, 2022, 11:04:01 am »

Yeah search has been broken for time in lots of megabig threads because of deleted posts messing up the indexing

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: October 22, 2022, 11:22:09 am »

It happens even in newer threads for me. The search function is useful in games of mafia, unless it goes beyond one page of results because it doesn’t show more than that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: October 22, 2022, 11:25:29 am »

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Th4DwArfY1 was just co-opted by the Drug Companies to run an ad for them, so whatever.

I've had alcohol while using it - I had no issues. I asked my doc at the time and she said it was fine. Though, she also noted I was active and young.

There can be sone issues (both alcohol and propranolol slowing heart rate) if you already havr underlying heart problems.

Also, big pharma has zero hold on me. I live in the UK, where healthcare actually exists  :-\
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: October 22, 2022, 04:05:27 pm »

I've had alcohol while using it - I had no issues. I asked my doc at the time and she said it was fine. Though, she also noted I was active and young.

There can be sone issues (both alcohol and propranolol slowing heart rate) if you already havr underlying heart problems.

Also, big pharma has zero hold on me. I live in the UK, where healthcare actually exists  :-\

What is it like to watch the TV without constant pharmaceutical ads?
"You doctor is an idiot.  Badger them to prescribe our drugs!" <-Like literally all the ads.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 637