Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687446 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #4875 on: January 12, 2019, 07:14:25 pm »

A significant part of (good) yoga is meditation. Clearing the mind and either focusing on your pose, or on nothing at all. Sometimes you get the bad yoga where the instructor is entirely too obsessed with your aura and your chakras and it starts getting a little irritating, but I've had primarily good experiences.

Also a lot of breathe training in yoga, which is central to most forms of focused meditation.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: January 12, 2019, 07:16:21 pm »

I mean, the purely physical side of meditation (paying attention to/keeping breathing steady, relaxing your muscles/keeping yourself from physically tensing up) you can do basically whenever -- it's about the only way I was physically able to drive through the panic/anxiety doing so induced when I started, ferex. It's harder when you have something interfering with breath and/or muscle control but that's about it. Meditation mixed with yoga or similar things is pretty bog standard.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: January 12, 2019, 08:33:29 pm »

The cure is as old as civilization itself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:04:58 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: January 13, 2019, 04:19:33 am »

The cure is as old as civilization itself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gotta chop the "s" off of "https"'

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: January 15, 2019, 12:37:41 am »

Argh, what was that movie where, at various points throughout, this pair of Orthodox Jews (you know, with the hats and hair going on etc.) showed up to confront the main characters, (I think) due to being after the same MacGuffin or somethin'?

I know at some point they were revealed to be brothers. I think this was either an action film or some sort of crime drama, but I really barely remember it at all. I feel like I watched it recently enough that once I work it out it'll be an "Oh, duhhhh!" kind of moment.

Google and Bing are no help. Searching "orthodox jew brothers in action movie" just completely disregards half of my search terms and shovels a bunch of lefty, trendy, LGBT-themed romance drek at me that would no doubt offend the shit out of any actual Hasidic types who happened to be searching the web for movies related to their weird-ass faith.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: January 15, 2019, 01:25:41 am »

...are you referring to the Dupontes? From Tintin. They're not Hasidic though so that would explain why nothing comes up.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: January 15, 2019, 05:55:42 am »

Definitely not Thompson and Thompson, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: January 19, 2019, 09:42:13 am »

Argh, what was that movie where, at various points throughout, this pair of Orthodox Jews (you know, with the hats and hair going on etc.) showed up to confront the main characters, (I think) due to being after the same MacGuffin or somethin'?

I know at some point they were revealed to be brothers. I think this was either an action film or some sort of crime drama, but I really barely remember it at all. I feel like I watched it recently enough that once I work it out it'll be an "Oh, duhhhh!" kind of moment.

Google and Bing are no help. Searching "orthodox jew brothers in action movie" just completely disregards half of my search terms and shovels a bunch of lefty, trendy, LGBT-themed romance drek at me that would no doubt offend the shit out of any actual Hasidic types who happened to be searching the web for movies related to their weird-ass faith.   
If the movie was black and white about a savant - perhaps it was π

Yes, that is the name of the movie - it is the Greek letter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: January 22, 2019, 10:21:47 am »

Hmmm, I don't think it was Black and White, but I'll look that up in a minute. Thanks!

New question: what do panic attacks feel like? What are common causes for them? How frequently do they tend to occur, and how long do they last?
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: January 22, 2019, 10:27:19 am »

Panic attacks tens to feel like panic
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: January 22, 2019, 10:57:58 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:55:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: January 22, 2019, 10:04:00 pm »

New question: what do panic attacks feel like? What are common causes for them? How frequently do they tend to occur, and how long do they last?

I have them once in a great while but not as often as my mother.

It feels like I can't breathe. I'm trembling and sweating. My heart is beating so fast, it feels like the blood will burst out from under my skin. My head spins and I wonder if I'm going to faint. It's horrific.

As for causes, some people have triggers and sometimes it's totally random. Sometimes my mother would work herself into one by focusing on something that bothered her, sometimes it would happen at night for no reason I could see. For me it usually happens during truly extreme stress, which I guess at that point it's not a "panic attack" so much as just regular panic.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4887 on: January 23, 2019, 01:30:47 am »

The most standard thing is difficulty breathing. For me, it's been a while, but I think it was difficulty breathing, heavy sweating, and intense dizziness.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: January 23, 2019, 05:13:34 am »

Apart from the panicky feeling the most memorable thing for me was feeling as if I was about to both shit and piss myself in any second.

Not very dramatic, but it's what I felt. It's kind of funny in hindsight because there I was on the bus thinking something was really fucking wrong with me and that I might die and yet the most worrisome thing was still "oh god I'm going to shit myself"
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: January 23, 2019, 05:37:02 am »

Thanks for the answers, guys! It definitely didn't feel like regular, garden-variety panic, which I've been known to indulge in from time to time.
I didn't exactly take note of my heart rate but I'm sure it was quite high. The tightness of chest made my regularly scheduled anxiety attacks look like some weak shit by comparison; honestly felt like being crushed.
Dizziness may have been there, too.

Anyways, new question!
Is the classic line, "that's what she said" still funny when the that in question was actually said by a she?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 637