Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687700 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Flat-nosed pigdogs]
« Reply #3795 on: June 06, 2017, 06:10:48 pm »

Hypothetically, I would have much preferred if she had told me to begin with. So many more possibilities, there. Not particularly possessive of someone else's emotional attachments so long as a decent enough connection remains between me and them, but at least an invite would be nice, y'know? If I had somehow ended up in a legally binding marital contract with someone they would have known from the outset I could probably be talked into a threesome without that much trouble.

Probably better to know, at the absolute least if the side relationship is impacting whatever arrangements your main one has, though. Depending on other aspects of the mainline relationship there's even odds it doesn't really matter (not like you can't love more than one person, et al, and depending on the logistics aspect it's entirely possible to be married and give zero shits who the other is boinking or has emotional entanglements with, so long as the bills are paid and the kid happy or whatever), but you can't really be sure without awareness.

If there's no effects, though, and otherwise y'all's relationship is about as it ever was and as strong as desired, though... eh. The difference between something that isn't happening and something that is but has no effect on you is no difference. Still nice to know, but if you're both still getting everything you want out of your own relationship, it just... doesn't actually matter, yeh.

Brass tacks level, in complete honesty in the end I'd want to know if only so I could ask for pictures. It'd be better from that angle, and if absolutely nothing else about the situation pinged my concern that angle would still be left over.

E: Though, uh. Definite caveat for the identity of said other critter. If your wife is going down on a twelve year old, ferex, you probably really want to have a heads up. Joint and several can be a sumbiiiitch.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:18:02 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: June 06, 2017, 09:04:03 pm »

So let's switch it around.. Hypothetically

So you're the one whos having the affair with the wife and you learn that she lied about her own husband and the way he treated her, you learn that she was ignoring him thus creating tension between the couple.
As the interloper you feel guilt for your actions where previously you cared none, is it the right thing to tell him, to apologise and perhaps they can heal from it?

All hypothetical of course.
××××××××××××××××××

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: June 07, 2017, 09:38:44 am »

Nope. That conversation must happen between the two of them. The conveying of the bare-bones information is just a tiny sliver of what needs to happen there.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:56 am »

Nope. That conversation must happen between the two of them. The conveying of the bare-bones information is just a tiny sliver of what needs to happen there.

Conveying bare-bone info can be a way to force that conversation though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 07, 2017, 10:08:34 am »

Sure - but by going around the person in the middle, you're making damn sure that that person's actions will be seen as a betrayal. If that person brings up the topic themselves, there's a chance of it being seen as the first step towards redemption: After all, it's bad policy to disincentivize honesty.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: June 07, 2017, 10:09:39 am »

Sure - but by going around the person in the middle, you're making damn sure that that person's actions will be seen as a betrayal. If that person brings up the topic themselves, there's a chance of it being seen as the first step towards redemption: After all, it's bad policy to disincentivize honesty.

What about telling the middle person that she better own up to it or you'll warn the cheated person?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 07, 2017, 05:51:41 pm »

Oh, I believe in the power of reason - in my experience getting people to look at things soberly is usually sufficient. Plus I don't like to threaten my friends: My usual move for that kind of thing would be 'I won't start lying for you.'
The Bay12 postcard club

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 11, 2017, 01:14:40 am »

What age do you become middle-aged, 30 or 35? What age do you become old, 50 or 55?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: June 11, 2017, 05:02:21 am »

45-55 is middle aged actually, with old generally seen as over 60 and pegged as 65+ specifically in most developed countries.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3804 on: June 11, 2017, 04:24:13 pm »

I'm trying to find a picture of a person crushing a waffle ice cream cone (with ice cream in it) in their hand. Can anyone help? Several of them would be best, but I can't even find one.

I guess I'll just have to work with separate photos of people crushing and broken ice cream cones.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:28:12 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 11, 2017, 07:33:53 pm »

Does anybody know a good mirror or copy of this Pathfinder SRD? It seems to have gone down since I last used it and I hugely prefer it to the alternative, due to its clean aesthetic and it not being full of advertisements, weird illustrations, and 3rd party content.

And it's back up. Okay then.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:11:25 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: June 12, 2017, 11:57:11 am »

Has anyone ever made a good argument against LGBT, particularly gays? It seems to me that all anti-gay arguments just boil down to the four types of the arguments:

1. "Men kissing men is disgusting/icky/blasphemous! (The most common one across our blue globe!)"
2. "If the gays will have equal rights, then they'll be sucking each other's dicks right on the streets! (Quite a lot of Russian nationalists use this argument, and boy, it just screams "I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR AVERAGE IVAN IVANOVICH!!11)"
3. "Equal rights for the gays will decrease population growth in the country!" (Not even making this one up, pseudo-statistics at its finest!)"
4. "WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF DUH CHILDREN?!! (No comments needed. Maybe even more common than the first one)"
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: June 12, 2017, 12:45:48 pm »

Has anyone ever made a good argument against LGBT, particularly gays? It seems to me that all anti-gay arguments just boil down to the four types of the arguments:

1. "Men kissing men is disgusting/icky/blasphemous! (The most common one across our blue globe!)"
2. "If the gays will have equal rights, then they'll be sucking each other's dicks right on the streets! (Quite a lot of Russian nationalists use this argument, and boy, it just screams "I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR AVERAGE IVAN IVANOVICH!!11)"
3. "Equal rights for the gays will decrease population growth in the country!" (Not even making this one up, pseudo-statistics at its finest!)"
4. "WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF DUH CHILDREN?!! (No comments needed. Maybe even more common than the first one)"

Try this:

Homosexuality is nature's bug in Human Brain OS. Homosexuals are kind of like disabled people - certain crucial biological function (reproduction) is impaired in them. Only we can't really cure them because electrocuting is not humane the flaw is too fundamental. Just let them live their defective lives and find consolation in each other - but just as disabled people can't enjoy life in full, forced out of certain physical aspects of it, homosexuals can't enjoy normal social life, confined to certain acceptive communities and enviroments. And that's where they belong - with the lepers and whores crippled and disenfranchised. The folk that is most certainly out there, but the one everyone wouldn't want to see or hear about often.

Not necessarily a good argument, but you don't see that too often. Can't recall where I picked it up.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:50:15 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: June 12, 2017, 01:00:22 pm »

You can make a unspecific arguments against everything but heterosexuality by exploiting human reproduction, such as "Sex is always inherently evil and must be minimized, as such only heterosexual sex for the purpose of reproduction should be legal".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 12, 2017, 01:06:09 pm »

Given the fuzzy nature of an electron's position, is there any way to define the size of one ine a way that make sense?

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 637