Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687721 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2430 on: June 17, 2016, 11:46:36 pm »

I've been hearing fireworks as well. I've narrowed it down to either Occupation of the Latvian Republic Day or the birthday of Bulbs Ehlers.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: June 18, 2016, 12:22:58 am »

The 18th (which it... technically is here, now, by about twenty minutes) is apparently international picnic day. Asheville apparently had free live music on the 17th? Some kind of event downtown after five.

S'always the possibility it's just some folks that wanted to set off fireworks. That happens from time to time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: June 18, 2016, 04:59:19 am »

What is the muzzle velocity of the 7.62x25mm Type P subsonic cartridge?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2433 on: June 18, 2016, 11:58:44 am »

What is the muzzle velocity of the 7.62x25mm Type P subsonic cartridge?
376-516 m/s, depending on the grain and type of warhead.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: June 21, 2016, 10:05:37 pm »

I have two small questions that I would be interested to see peoples thoughts on.

If gender identification is moving away from physical body as a limiter, do we think we'll see female characters with facial hair (beards, moustaches, etc)?

Next question is a what is this. I have this memory of a TV program, probably sometime in the late 90s or early 2000. I think it was a cop show or similar. The scene I remember is, I believe, near the end of the episode where an investigator and their partner go to a receptionists desk. The receptionist holds up one of her arms and the investigator taps the arm flab and says something along the lines of "I think we've found our dinosaur". I have no idea what the genre of the show would be, nor any real interest in watching it but I'm curious if anyone knows what it is from.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: June 21, 2016, 10:16:46 pm »

First question:  I sure hope so.
Not sure that's a proper simple question honestly, but I do love women with short hair and strong builds.  And silky dwarf-beards.
But my position has always been that gender binary is a real thing which should be destroyed, so meh.  I'm rather extreme in that respect.
Possibly just gay but open-minded.

Good luck on that second question.  Reminds me of the Office 2000(?) ads where Microsoft shamed people for using older versions of their own products via dinosaurs.  But that's not what you're talking about.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 22, 2016, 04:24:03 am »

What is the accepted definition of sanity within the psychiatric profession?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: June 22, 2016, 12:01:09 pm »

If gender identification is moving away from physical body as a limiter, do we think we'll see female characters with facial hair (beards, moustaches, etc)?
Who says it's moving away? Variance is increasing, sure, but most folks will stay traditionally male or traditionally female, with maybe a few twists here and there*. Importantly most women will remain hairless, since becoming hairy in the face is much, much more effort for them than for men. And since media (I assume you're talking about characters in media, right? use attributes to inform the viewer what they're seeing, they'll stick with keeping women hairless.

TL;DR: We might see some, but it'll remain an exception because it'll remain an exception in real life, too.

*I'm thinking of short hair in women, or makeup in men, stuff we're already seeing nowadays.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 22, 2016, 12:27:47 pm »

*I'm thinking of short hair in women, or makeup in men, stuff we're already seeing nowadays.
It's not like it would be much of a shocking once-in-a-lifetime change for humanity. High heels started as male fashion accessories. And on the other hand, both fedoras and trilbies were originally made for m'ladies. This shit changes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 23, 2016, 04:11:04 am »

Next question is a what is this. I have this memory of a TV program, probably sometime in the late 90s or early 2000. I think it was a cop show or similar. The scene I remember is, I believe, near the end of the episode where an investigator and their partner go to a receptionists desk. The receptionist holds up one of her arms and the investigator taps the arm flab and says something along the lines of "I think we've found our dinosaur". I have no idea what the genre of the show would be, nor any real interest in watching it but I'm curious if anyone knows what it is from.
I don't believe I've seen that particular scene, but it sounds to me like something Monk would say.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 23, 2016, 06:09:31 pm »

A question I suppose some freedomeagles can answer (although I will accept a valid answer from anyone else as well):

Is there a modification to AK platform/AK variant that is fed with straight magazines? Traditionally AK mags are curved, due to the cartridge form and arrangement, as far as I understand, but maybe in some other caliber a box magazine can be like one of, say, G3, more rectangular? Or maybe a modified magazine well? Both?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 23, 2016, 06:57:00 pm »

A question I suppose some freedomeagles can answer (although I will accept a valid answer from anyone else as well):

Is there a modification to AK platform/AK variant that is fed with straight magazines? Traditionally AK mags are curved, due to the cartridge form and arrangement, as far as I understand, but maybe in some other caliber a box magazine can be like one of, say, G3, more rectangular? Or maybe a modified magazine well? Both?

As far as I know, there aren't any straight box magazines for the AK.
Larger magazines tend to be curved, because rounds are tapered slightly. They don't stack straight, and 20 rounds is about the limit before you really start getting feeding problems with straight mags. 20rd box magazines tend to have a slanted bottom to compensate, and the follower can tilt a bit as well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: June 23, 2016, 07:09:18 pm »

Yeah, no such thing exists to my knowledge. I searched for it and found mention of a hungarian AK variant with an essentially straight 10 round magazine, but the dude's photo is gone and I can't find any other mention of it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: June 24, 2016, 01:31:53 am »

Thank you, my curiosity is satisfied.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 637