Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687588 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2085 on: February 24, 2016, 05:59:36 am »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: February 24, 2016, 11:07:55 am »

What is it with hentai and impregnation? Why is it supposed to be sexy to make the girl pregnant, and why doesn't any form of birth control pill apparently exist in Japan?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: February 24, 2016, 11:17:19 am »

What is it with hentai and impregnation? Why is it supposed to be sexy to make the girl pregnant, and why doesn't any form of birth control pill apparently exist in Japan?
You gotta be reading my mind. It's like, I'm reading this thing, and then they decide to ditch the condom even though they just met (!), and my reaction, hilariously enough, is something on the lines of "$Authorname, you irresponsible fuck! Children might read your doujins and get the wrong idea about birth control and parental responsibility! You should feel terrible about yourself, you bastard!"

I truly have no idea why they think it's either believable or attractive. My only suggestion might be that it is flattering to be considered so attractive that other people randomly decide that they want your babies? So it's a wish fulfillment thing, in a way?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: February 24, 2016, 11:40:52 am »

Ok someone is reading my bills... and well there isn't anything I can do to stop them
-They are reading my bills because I let people borrow money... They paid me back! I don't give out money anymore.

Yet there is something I want to use Paypal for.

What does Paypal look like on a bill? Is it just a paypal statement... or does it say what it is for?

Ps. No I am not letting someone borrow money via Paypal... >_<

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: February 24, 2016, 11:44:51 am »

You mean, on bank statements? No, just the amount. I think on your paypal account it does say where the money went to though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: February 24, 2016, 11:48:22 am »

You gotta be reading my mind. It's like, I'm reading this thing, and then they decide to ditch the condom even though they just met (!), and my reaction, hilariously enough, is something on the lines of "$Authorname, you irresponsible fuck! Children might read your doujins and get the wrong idea about birth control and parental responsibility! You should feel terrible about yourself, you bastard!"
I truly have no idea why they think it's either believable or attractive. My only suggestion might be that it is flattering to be considered so attractive that other people randomly decide that they want your babies? So it's a wish fulfillment thing, in a way?

From what I've heard, Japan has too damn little (or is it few in that case? I'm not sure) young people, and their birth rate is one of the lowest in Asian region. Therefore my personal theory is this: it's a not-so-well hidden message, an endorsement of reproduction.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:50:57 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: February 24, 2016, 11:55:15 am »

Could also be a power/taking possession thing - impregnation as 'making one's mark', so to speak. Kinda like a dog peeing against a tree.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: February 24, 2016, 08:44:44 pm »

Fixed it! I no longer receive mail but email...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: February 24, 2016, 08:47:12 pm »

[img]
And what do I do with [img]?

there's a preview post button and two possibilities for the usage of img that may or may not work that you can try without forcing anyone to see it

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: February 26, 2016, 07:24:31 am »

Just redownloaded Dragon Age: The Good One and wasn't there some way to unlock all the achievements instantly?
BFEL doesn't want to have to do a whole playthrough+ 2 side stories over again to grab the sexy equipments.

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out eventually.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:52:02 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: February 28, 2016, 03:44:27 pm »

Why do gopniks squat and eat sunflower seeds? I get the bad clothes and crime, that's typical for the unemployed uneducated types. But squatting and eating sunflower seeds seem like really weird things to do as anything but trying to fit into a clique.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: February 28, 2016, 03:50:47 pm »

I believe squatting had something to do with lack of sitting surfaces, all of them being subjected to vandalism or being non-existent back in the early 1990's when these chaps came to be.
Sunflower seeds are just a rather common snack in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus (as well as the Baltic states, but not so sure here). It is rather enticing process, popping them one by one, really.

E: How come a UK dweller is bothered by gopniks, by the way? I really thought you don't find much of these to the west of Poland.
E2:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:54:14 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: February 28, 2016, 03:54:10 pm »

Why do gopniks squat and eat sunflower seeds? I get the bad clothes and crime, that's typical for the unemployed uneducated types. But squatting and eating sunflower seeds seem like really weird things to do as anything but trying to fit into a clique.
They eat sunflower seeds because sunflower seeds are a very cheap snack that consumes a lot of time - basically, you do petty robbery, right? Petty robbery involves a lot of waiting for an easily robbable schmuck. You can't wait for the schmuck on a bench near a house entrance because someone would call the cops on you or something. So you pick a less busy area (which probably has no benches) and then squat there while eating sunflower seeds to pass the time. At least, that was the original idea. It's a clique thing as well, I guess.
And ninja'd again.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: February 28, 2016, 03:55:55 pm »

And ninja'd again.
Well, you put these together way better.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 637