Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687746 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1665 on: October 14, 2015, 05:22:08 pm »

Can someone explain prepositions to me? It's a glaring hole in my knowledge I should have filled earlier, but I'm finding trouble finding a good explanation online.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1666 on: October 14, 2015, 06:00:48 pm »

Wikipedia page seems to do a pretty decent job of it? Lot more thorough than I could manage, anyway. I'd try to explain it, but I lost the ability to explain grammar years ago. Use it, edit it, abuse it, sure, sure, but the hell if I remember what the zog a preposition is, or actually give a damn about what object and subject relations are.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 14, 2015, 07:56:45 pm »

Can someone explain prepositions to me? It's a glaring hole in my knowledge I should have filled earlier, but I'm finding trouble finding a good explanation online.
Basically grammatical lubricant. Dem critters tell you in what relation the bit of the sentence they're leading into stands to the rest of the sentence. But yeah, the wiki has a fair number of good examples.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 14, 2015, 10:13:26 pm »

Has anyone ever made a list of how many episodes in the entire Star Trek series could have been skipped if the Captains actually asked for and read the list of laws, regulations, and culture before deciding to teleport down?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:52 am »

Has anyone ever made a list of how many episodes in the entire Star Trek series could have been skipped if the Captains actually asked for and read the list of laws, regulations, and culture before deciding to teleport down?
How would they call themselves adventurers if they did something lame like that?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 15, 2015, 03:00:01 am »

Wikipedia page seems to do a pretty decent job of it? Lot more thorough than I could manage, anyway. I'd try to explain it, but I lost the ability to explain grammar years ago. Use it, edit it, abuse it, sure, sure, but the hell if I remember what the zog a preposition is, or actually give a damn about what object and subject relations are.
Basically grammatical lubricant. Dem critters tell you in what relation the bit of the sentence they're leading into stands to the rest of the sentence. But yeah, the wiki has a fair number of good examples.

Ah. Yea, that'd be better than youtube. Thanks.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 15, 2015, 09:06:55 am »

Say, folks. I got a USB stick fresh from the store and it malfunctions weirdly. I threw in a couple of files when it suddenly decided that it is actually write protected. I can't even delete them from there. It does not lose the write protection from Windows DISKPART tool when I tell it to (really, it says that it removed read only attribute and when I request disc attributes it is still there, strange). I ran a handful of software utilities on that and they did no good as well. I tried going for registry editor to see the Storage Device Policies, but I don't even have that, it appears.

What do?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 15, 2015, 10:10:22 am »

Sledgehammer. The manual deletion.

Couldn't you get a replacement one if you take it back?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 15, 2015, 10:13:54 am »

Sledgehammer. The manual deletion.

Couldn't you get a replacement one if you take it back?

I'll do that, I suppose. This shop usually gives a full refund or a replacement in case things go that bad.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 15, 2015, 03:06:31 pm »

Does it still happen when you format the drive?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 15, 2015, 03:11:40 pm »

Does it still happen when you format the drive?

I cannot even format it. Neither through standard means, nor via command line. You can't do that with write protected stuff, apparently.

I'm coming for a refund on this. Kept the receipt, shouldn't be a problem.
Sigs

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 19, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »

Were there any u.s elections won not by someone from democrats or republicans?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 19, 2015, 12:27:49 pm »

The first 17 presidents or so were elected before the modern democratic and republican parties existed, so yes.

Here's a list.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 19, 2015, 12:33:40 pm »

Not since they decided what they were going to call themselves.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 19, 2015, 05:55:49 pm »

Intend to run a semi-sandbox D&D PBP game and I have no idea what to make the thread title. Any suggestions?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 637