Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 647

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 857653 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

...Our drinking limit is lower than Americas, from what I remember.
i don't know
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I'm fairly certain Cryxis like in 'murrica. Moved from Hawaii to some Midwest state I think.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I'm fairly certain Cryxis lives in one of those barbarian countries where he cannot even go for a drink alone. :p
To be honest, I wouldn't want my kids drinking that schwill either.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I'm fairly certain Cryxis lives in one of those barbarian countries where he cannot even go for a drink alone. :p
To be honest, I wouldn't want my kids drinking that schwill either.

*Beer snob high-five*

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Shouldn't you be chinking glasses, not high fiving?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, every time we get to beer together I get an headache and Helgo make out with the hottest girl around...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I don't know where you got the idea, but I did not make out with your sister. Or was that your dad's new beau?

Also, beer from bottles FTW. Glasses are for bars, kegs, and snobs. And Sheb's beer cocktails, but those are weird (and delishus) anyway.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm sorry if I can't disassociate you from your avatars. It's blatantly obvious that when two magnificently bearded men get together, with at least one of them smoking a cigar, there will be glasses of beer, not bottles. Hell, there'd probably even be crystal decanters made from salvaged pieces of glass from the Titanic's chandeliers.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Is there a way to salvage a book that's got wet? Stop the pages from sticking together mainly, since obviously you can't stop the ink from running.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only way is to separate each page and put something between them, as far as I know.

Edit: This says to put something absorbent between the pages. http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/about/collections/preservation/drying_wet_book.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:07:38 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Well, I'm sorry if I can't disassociate you from your avatars. It's blatantly obvious that when two magnificently bearded men get together, with at least one of them smoking a cigar, there will be glasses of beer, not bottles. Hell, there'd probably even be crystal decanters made from salvaged pieces of glass from the Titanic's chandeliers.
Marx was a notorious drinker in his London days, spending whole nights on pub crawls and drunken antics in public. Beer bottles are most definitely appropriate.
The Bay12 postcard club

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Tsssssk, I really need to break you in Helgo. Every beer is properly enjoyed in its own glass (although a some glass swapping is acceptable outside bars). We take glasses very seriously, which is no small feat since some of our glass are pretty ridiculous.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Was... was that a rape joke?
If you're seriously interested in that girl, I'd trybuilding a bit of a platonic relationship with her before trying anything. That's why I wanted details: Do you go to school/uni with her? Do you have mutual aquaintances/interests? Is there any way you could go out to drink together?

I'm 'Murican btw and senior in highschool so no drinking :p

We have no mutual friends as far as I know, but I might check with my friend from different social group. We do to to the same school. One of her friends I know but I don't talk to too much. From past interactions with her IIRC she has a decent taste in music and is pretty nice but don't know much more than that.

My friends are suggesting I just be Frank like last time. Thoughts?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Don't be Frank, be yourself! :P

(The joke is that you're capitalising it like a proper noun)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

(The joke is auto correct hates me :p )
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 647