Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 647

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 863740 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Seating algorithms]
« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2013, 01:09:36 am »

As someone who laughs at society and wears shorts every day of the year, and does not shave, even though my leg hair is starting to act as another layer, I would say you can sort of peter out around mid-thigh.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2013, 01:53:11 am »

Is this greatorder's personal questions thread, or am I invited to use it for my own questions also?

This has no relevance. I have a question, bay12!

Can thirty hamsters adequately replace a burrito? I don't mean in nutrition or taste or anything food-related, of course. How would you even keep the hamsterburrito in place so the hamsters themselves aren't enduring physical or mental discomfort? Would the hamsterburrito fit in a box? Could you possibly mail the hamsterburrito with proper preparations, or should you deliver it in person? What is the proper form of delivering a hamsterburrito? Should it be formal, the box given with both hands et al, or just a casual "here's a box full of hamsters for you, hope you like it"?

Social mannerisms for making gifts of small animals are silly, and during the entire course of my life I had no reason to learn them. I don't know a lot of social stuff, actually. This is a good point to begin said education with.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2013, 10:58:11 am »

If they're still alive, it's not very polite to stuff thirty hamsters right next to each other. There would be discomfort.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2013, 06:47:26 pm »

It would need to be a pretty damn big burrito inside an even larger box. You can check your local laws on regulation relating to the transport of live animals. A quick search came up with (almost certainly out of date) federal regulations for the states, which... well, here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Again, it's almost certainly out of date, but it gives you an idea.

Postal transport of live animals have their own rules and regulations, which will likely vary from country to country and region to region. Check with a lawyer or local transport service. The laws can and will be different wherever you are compared to wherever most everyone else is -- there's no general standard that I'm aware of.

Keeping the burrito in the box in place would likely be accomplished with some sort of packing filling. Bubblewrap, etc., with care taken so the smelly little menaces can't get at it and kill themselves eating it.

Insofar as etiquette goes, some gods damned warning. If you're going to inflict thirty some hamsters on someone. Or less hamsters, really. More than one. Just one. Also please, for the love of all that is, make sure none of the damn things are pregnant before sending them. And send two burritos-inna-box, separated by gender, lest that status change mid transport.

Other etiquette... really probably depends on your relationship with the individual you're dumping the vermin on, and how much they actually want a multitude of the cursed beasts. Still, you are dropping something live in their lap, so something more personable than a letter or whatnot would likely be appropriate, if possible. Maybe a videogram or whatev', I'unno.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:52:23 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2013, 08:52:49 pm »

Would anyone happen to know a nice tutorial on drawing/shading the folds in clothing?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:02:22 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 23, 2013, 01:08:05 am »

So. What's a "magic girl" and why are they so popular in the FGRP sections of the forum?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:45 am »

So. What's a "magic girl" and why are they so popular in the FGRP sections of the forum?
A young anime girl who uses magic. Sailor moon is the stereotypical example i believe. As to why they're so popular, you got me there, I've never watched any myself.

I may not have useful information for people, but i know what a magical girl is!
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 23, 2013, 03:14:00 am »

It's a genre of Japanese "anime" that is pretty common. It is usually a coming-of-age story following a young girl who has supernatural powers that can be used to save people from some dark underground evil (or a plethora of variations on that main idea). Card Captor Sakura and Puella Magi Madoka Magica are both great examples, if you are looking for something to watch.

Here, have a gif to illustrate:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 23, 2013, 03:23:06 am »

And there's subversions of it and alternate takes. Like magical boys (they still wear the dress though), or a magical girl who actually knows what the fuck the world is like/SCIENCE, and more and stuff.

Yeah.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 23, 2013, 06:09:42 am »

The way I'd probably describe it to someone my own age with little or no exposure to anime would be "Power Rangers, with dresses instead of spandex, but probably less giant robots." Alternately, for those with minimal exposure, "Sentai + Uguu~". It's definitely more nuanced than that, but I'd say it's a decent "gist of things" for the uninformed.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 23, 2013, 10:26:06 am »

I'm pretty sure PMMM is a deconstruction, but you can gather what a magical girl is from the show, if not all the cliches that are usual in magical girl anime.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 23, 2013, 11:38:41 am »

It's a genre of Japanese "anime" that is pretty common. It is usually a coming-of-age story following a young girl who has supernatural powers that can be used to save people from some dark underground evil (or a plethora of variations on that main idea). Card Captor Sakura and Puella Magi Madoka Magica are both great examples, if you are looking for something to watch.
I'd agree with PMMM being a deconstruction based on what I'd heard of it, and also I'd add Nanoha as an example. Though its a rather different example after the first season.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 23, 2013, 01:33:34 pm »

As an example that you may have heard of, Sailor Moon was fairly "Magical Girl".
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 23, 2013, 01:36:59 pm »

Descan is also quite the magical girl. ^^

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 23, 2013, 01:48:33 pm »

With such a wealth of knowledge, why can I not find the answer to my most pressing question: why are they so popular in the FGRP section?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 647