Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687576 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [tipsy, or drunk?]
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2012, 10:07:23 am »

I was making a joke.

Jokes?? JOKES!? I came here for answers, my good man! Not to be entertained by subtle quips or any other such tomfoolery. Now I demand to know the details of what will happen if I pour an indefinitely large amount of gasoline down another individual's throat!

I'd guess carbon too. Going by solely the atomic diametre, a sheet of paper would be... roughly 1428571 carbon atoms thick.

Huh, my best guess would have been way off. Many thanks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2012, 10:14:58 am »

I was making a joke.
Jokes?? JOKES!? I came here for answers, my good man! Not to be entertained by subtle quips or any other such tomfoolery. Now I demand to know the details of what will happen if I pour an indefinitely large amount of gasoline down another individual's throat!
Is the individual on fire?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2012, 11:18:04 am »

Re: Drinking gasoline:
Ingestion

Gasoline is not as readily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract as from the respiratory tract. In adults, about 20 to 50 g can cause severe intoxication and 350 g (12 oz.) can result in death for a 70 kg individual. As little as 10 to 15 g (less than one-half ounce) may be fatal in children. Symptoms of intoxication by ingestion of gasoline can range from vomiting, vertigo, drowsiness and confusion to loss of consciousness, convulsions, hemorrhaging of the lungs and internal organs, and death due to circulatory failure. Ingestion can cause irritation to the gastrointestinal mucosa and can be complicated by pulmonary aspiration, resulting in chemical pneumonitis.

So yeah, there you go.

As for the head thing, I'd imagine it'd depend on the head and the water. S'obviously more likely to happen in sea water and if, say, the brain's been removed or somethin'. A skull alone'd sink easy, but if the skin covering was still there and the inner bits removed... maybe. Might have to stop up the holes. Point being it's easy for water to get inside a normal, untreated, head, especially one that's been decapitated, and so it'd sink pretty quickly as water filled the thing. A water-tight head that's had its insides... exhumed, so to speak... would likely float, at least in sea water. Not sure about fresh water, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2012, 12:06:35 pm »

Is the individual on fire?
no, that'd be an ‼INDIVIDUAL‼
FTFY.
Alt+19, my friend.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2012, 05:10:25 pm »

Marvel and DC in the Warhammer 40k universe. Winner?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2012, 05:18:46 pm »

Marvel and DC in the Warhammer DISNEY 40k universe. Winner?
IN THE GRIM FUTURE OF THE 21ST MILLENIUM THERE IS ONLY PRODUCT PLACEMENT

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2012, 05:31:41 pm »

Marvel and DC in the Warhammer 40k universe. Winner?
Chaos, in the end.

Other than that, not much to say. There's a lot of freaky crap in the marvel universe, especially out in space, so I couldn't really say who'd win in an outright slugfest. I'd lean toward marvel on the ground-pound front (40k's got a higher average, so to speak, but some of Marvel's crap is just flat-out gamebreaking, iirc), no clue on outer space (but leaning 40k by the numbers). But. Marvel's basically got jack all that can stand up to Chaos corruption, and eventually everything they've got would be Chaos controlled. Likely th'marvel folks would destabilize the Imperium, and then it'd be a debauched orgy between Ork, Necron, Tau, and Chaos to see who manages to kill/convert enough of the population to render whatever Marvel pulls out of its ass without th'sort of support needed to keep from starving. Who knows what the hell would happen if the 'Nids got ahold of some X-gene crap or whatev'.

Alternately, the Orks would eventually win. S'not really any way short of exterminatus to get rid of the damn things, after all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [paper thickness and severed heads]
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2012, 07:08:57 pm »

What was it? (For all questions, btw)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »

The Orks have already won 40k. They want Only War and have Only War. None of the other factions have accomplished their stated goals.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2012, 07:19:59 pm »

Oh, and the emperor could die, causing every person to turn into a demon.

That could REALLY suck.
Horus joined Chaos because the Gods of Chaos showed him what the imperium would look like under the Emperor's rule. It's debatable who's worse than who; after all, everything that is said about Chaos could be imperial propaganda.

The Orks have already won 40k. They want Only War and have Only War. None of the other factions have accomplished their stated goals.
They also live entirely in the present. Nids could claim the same because their only agenda is to flee and eat.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2012, 07:32:21 pm »

I read in one of the codexes that the emperor is basically waging a psychic war. should he fail, all hell warp Matt Ward breaks loose
Ftfy.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [paper thickness and severed heads]
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »

What was it? (For all questions, btw)

For the atomic thickness of paper, I probably would have have said somewhere in the mid-hundred-thousands.

I would have guessed that a head would float for at least a little bit, due to all the places it seems air could get caught in it.

I'm a bit disappointed about the gasoline one. I would have thought I could get almost double that amount into someone before death occurred. *sigh*...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2012, 10:55:55 pm »

Serious question:

Cheapest 32 inch (All I need~) I could find:

Question is, is it any good?

I don't really know! I don't want to spend too much, and I just need it to connect to my cable box and a computer, so...

WILL IT BLEND SUCK?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2012, 06:47:41 am »

You won't be getting 3D, but that doesn't matter much anyway, and if you're okay with the resolution, it seems like a bargain.

And if it's shite, you haven't paid an ungodly amount of money either way.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2012, 10:39:56 am »

I can never tell the difference between 720 and 1080 anyway, so... :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 637