Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 3: Rudeness and Thugs)  (Read 8116 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 1: Offers and Holy Men)
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 08:01:52 pm »

Hmm, more refined faire, Genevieve thought. She could deal with that. The alcohol tended to color the taste of blood, anyhow-fresh was preferable.

She prowled about the bars, looking for just the right one...she would know when she saw him.

Action: Find a suitable man or woman-cute, alone, in need of a friend and with some clearly inhibited morals-someone who has a lonely, burdensome life during the day, but finds the backs of crowds at night, just to be with someone.

Offer to talk and drink with him or her. Don't try any shenanigans yet-just earn their trust.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 12:16:20 am »

Leo shuddered at the thought of hunting children, and gave the red demon a polite no. Now there were two options - finding an evil plant, or thieving a silver plate, perhaps platemail armor?

Or...a silver platter? The nobility must own that, he mused. He would take up that offer the next night, if he made it.

He decided to accept Hecellia's deal.

"Tell me where to find it, it's specific identifying marks, and whatever else may lurk in it's vicinity that is hostile to creatures such as myself.

"Also, how can I find such a thing in darkness? Is it feasible to bring a light source?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 12:33:45 am »

Valenor frowned at the struggle. There was an innate lack of elegance in tumbling during an attempt to get fed, and it only made him wonder why vampires were protrayed as powerful beings when young and inexperient vampires like him - newbies - could still be beaten by the common people.

His hand grasped his cane firmly, the hard metal of the surface cold to the touch, as he stared into the shady man he had cornered. The night still had suitable prey, and he could always come back later. For now, he would leave the man.

Search for a hardier criminal instead, preferably one that happens to be about to commit or has recently committed a crime. Feed on him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:36:18 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 01:07:03 am »

Outwardly, Vunkel was calm, nodding his head sagely as he denounced banditry in all its forms, but in truth he was horrified.
'Nuns!' What a terrible parallel to his former life... He could hardly contain his anxiety.
He couldn't possibly feed on women of the cloth! '...Couldn't you? Couldn't you?!'

The small voice pried at him, but he held firm. There was no way he would commit such a vile act. 'You've done far worse before, Father Vunkel!' He forced the niggling voice aside, clasped his hands and murmured a prayer along with the nuns, then politely enquired as to their destination.

>Find out just where this group is headed. Perhaps there is some more... 'Guilt-free' prey there?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:44 am »

The claustrophobic environment made Annette feel uneasy. So many unpredictable, disgusting creatures, all buzzing around chaotically. This bizarre social order was nothing like the honorable pack mentality of the wolves or the like-minded bees and ants. She longed to be back in the openness of the wilds, to feel the wind in her face, and to track the scent of blood like a true creature of the night should.

"I gots no time for dis," she remarked to her compatriot, and quickly extricated herself from the tavern.

Whistle for the birds on the crossroads, ask them if they see any tall, upright-standing, two legged animals, either alone or in danger.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 06:50:19 pm »

Polythemus  chuckles and says,
"I am a  humble preacher of *insert prominent religion here* my good sir. I travel the land preaching the good word to the poor and rich alike. Tonight I am attempting to reach out to lost souls.

>Ask the merchant is he aware of any "dens of sin"(Things like gambling parlors) nearby.

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 08:56:41 pm »

Turn 2: Various Professions

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Iustitia sneaks into the church, looks for its patron god or saint, then tries to remember that form. Afterwards, he heads off to the town in that form.
[1] The patron god appears to be a fearsome-looking multiarmed snake woman. Uh.

[5] Suddenly, you hear footsteps behind you, and turn to find a rather tall, imposing man smiling kindly, walking forward slowly with his arms behind his back. His attire is white trimmed with gold.

"Do not be alarmed by her appearance," he says, chuckling a bit. "Many of her people are among the noblest of men."

With that, he gestures to the side, where the tall, stained glass windows appear to depict various tall, muscular men, usually clad in white and surrounded by an angelic glow.

Barkhorn will mosey on around, and ask if people need quick and easy favors, preferably for gold/gems/silver/trade goods. Preferably preferably not "Fetch X at Y" quests, either.

Loving the game so far.

Are you aiming at a very "serious" type of game-play, or is it more relaxed? (Silly shenanigans and doing stupid things for fun?)
((Meant to answer this earlier, but it depends. Generally fairly serious, at least in that there won't be a lot of hilarious reality-warping, but there's a fair amount of wiggle room regarding doing silly things that turn out effective.))

[5] Most residents have no interest in paying you gold or gems to do something incredibly simple, but Tingting bangs his shield again.

"Sister bothersome, keeps pestering! Keep her off back, you get gold!"

Hmm, more refined faire, Genevieve thought. She could deal with that. The alcohol tended to color the taste of blood, anyhow-fresh was preferable.

She prowled about the bars, looking for just the right one...she would know when she saw him.

Action: Find a suitable man or woman-cute, alone, in need of a friend and with some clearly inhibited morals-someone who has a lonely, burdensome life during the day, but finds the backs of crowds at night, just to be with someone.

Offer to talk and drink with him or her. Don't try any shenanigans yet-just earn their trust.

[5] You find a handsome, slightly rugged-looking young man, sighing wistfully as he stares off into space. A golden locket dangles from his neck, and his ale sits untouched.

[4] Getting yourself at his table and sharing a drink with him is not hard, though he won't go into the details of what's troubling him. He admits to the obvious- troubles with a girl- but nothing more.

Apparently he's a dockhand worker by day, though sometimes he wonders if he wouldn't fare better on a ship. Sailing the seas, perhaps even smuggling or piracy...

He chuckles nervously, apparently slightly embarrassed.

Leo shuddered at the thought of hunting children, and gave the red demon a polite no. Now there were two options - finding an evil plant, or thieving a silver plate, perhaps platemail armor?

Or...a silver platter? The nobility must own that, he mused. He would take up that offer the next night, if he made it.

He decided to accept Hecellia's deal.

"Tell me where to find it, it's specific identifying marks, and whatever else may lurk in it's vicinity that is hostile to creatures such as myself.

"Also, how can I find such a thing in darkness? Is it feasible to bring a light source?"
"The plant may be found near darkness and death. Where else, I do not know; mayhaps it grows occasionally where naught is ill, but if so I would not seek such a thing save as happenstance. The plant is as I have described it, little else.

For what else may be found near the plant, merely that which shares its preferences. I would not think it dangerous to one such as you, so long as you are careful and swift."

Valenor frowned at the struggle. There was an innate lack of elegance in tumbling during an attempt to get fed, and it only made him wonder why vampires were protrayed as powerful beings when young and inexperient vampires like him - newbies - could still be beaten by the common people.

His hand grasped his cane firmly, the hard metal of the surface cold to the touch, as he stared into the shady man he had cornered. The night still had suitable prey, and he could always come back later. For now, he would leave the man.

Search for a hardier criminal instead, preferably one that happens to be about to commit or has recently committed a crime. Feed on him.
You abandon the man, who curses you for various things, and try to find something a bit... sturdier.

[2] You find a goat. You have no reason to suspect it is a criminal, though it does appear to not be in a pen or on a rope or similar.

Outwardly, Vunkel was calm, nodding his head sagely as he denounced banditry in all its forms, but in truth he was horrified.
'Nuns!' What a terrible parallel to his former life... He could hardly contain his anxiety.
He couldn't possibly feed on women of the cloth! '...Couldn't you? Couldn't you?!'

The small voice pried at him, but he held firm. There was no way he would commit such a vile act. 'You've done far worse before, Father Vunkel!' He forced the niggling voice aside, clasped his hands and murmured a prayer along with the nuns, then politely enquired as to their destination.

>Find out just where this group is headed. Perhaps there is some more... 'Guilt-free' prey there?
[3] Apparently they're heading towards a holy statue deep in the woods are part of a pilgrimage. They might also stop near a hunter's or woodcutter's camp, as such types tend to be rather rough and in need of salvation.

The claustrophobic environment made Annette feel uneasy. So many unpredictable, disgusting creatures, all buzzing around chaotically. This bizarre social order was nothing like the honorable pack mentality of the wolves or the like-minded bees and ants. She longed to be back in the openness of the wilds, to feel the wind in her face, and to track the scent of blood like a true creature of the night should.

"I gots no time for dis," she remarked to her compatriot, and quickly extricated herself from the tavern.

Whistle for the birds on the crossroads, ask them if they see any tall, upright-standing, two legged animals, either alone or in danger.
[2] It would seem all the birds are either asleep or uninterested in your summons.

Polythemus  chuckles and says,
"I am a  humble preacher of *insert prominent religion here* my good sir. I travel the land preaching the good word to the poor and rich alike. Tonight I am attempting to reach out to lost souls.

>Ask the merchant is he aware of any "dens of sin"(Things like gambling parlors) nearby.

[4] He seems to accept your story, though you get the feeling he knows something is off.

[3] "Dens of sin? No, not really... there are, ah... pleasures of the flesh, here and there, but no place I know of strictly dedicated to such a thing."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 2: Various Professions)
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

Valenor sighs. A goat? His hunt has been proving terribly sad and fruitless so far.

Keep searching for a hardy criminal, feed on him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 09:30:46 pm »

A Dockworker, one named Nathan Green. Such a bland name...but he was good looking, young and strong.

Genevieve nodded along, saying the right words. But all she could think about was the pulse throbbing in his neck.

She thought he might be in a relationship, which could certainly make this difficult. Love was a weapon against her kind-even the gold on his neck might burn her skin, if he treasured it enough, and had enough faith it would protect him. Hypnotism would not be useful here, she thought-it generally worked to enhance her preys natural inclinations, and here she was trying to bring him around to the opposite thinking.

Genevieve reached across the table and gently took his hand.

"Do not be ashamed for how you feel-I can see, you live in such pain and lonliness for her sake. It is so noble of you...I too carry great pains for another. I know your heart, for we share one and the same.

It is such a world, that we grasp for what will is beyond our reach, I suppose. Always waiting for the right person. It is hard to live Nobly, and be patient for our ideal.

Sometimes, I think, even those such as we deserve to be a bit...selfish. To have and to hold, with no compunctions-no guilt. To be free of fear and doubt...if only for a night. Our night."

Genevieve's sweet voice wove a song of hidden enticements-like a Siren, luring the young man to his death on the rocks.

She held nothing against him, not personally. If the young man's love held true-if he was strong-she would be turned away, and have to seek another-she did not favor overly violent feedings. If that was not the case, if he proved weak...she smiled at the thought, and saw the boy smile in return-not knowing, not knowing.

Genevieve wondered idly if Valenor was having better luck than her.

Action: On-with the seduction-my last gaining trust roll gives me a bonus, maybe? If successful, get him to a quiet Inn, enjoy our time together, and feast while he drowses. Don't use Hypnotism here.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »

"I assume that you're the priest of this particular mission? Could you tell me about your saints?"
Enquire about the mans religion, hoping to find out about the various saints and their symbols. Make sure to remember them.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 09:36:04 pm »

"Well thank you kind Merchant, I bid you a fond farewell!"
Polypthemus firmly shakes the merchants hand and prepares to depart
>Polythemus head towards Loraine and look for some country bumpkins  to snack on, while traveling he reviews what he read.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2012, 10:39:16 pm »

Barkhorn will do whatever it is that the brute wants. Let's get it done!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2012, 11:00:28 pm »

Vunkel nodded his bald head in agreement.
"Yes, it is our duty to spread the Lord's word even to such isolated folk. I will glady accompany you a ways."

>Travel with the nuns awhile, waiting for a chance to ditch them and feed at one of those camps they mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:45:20 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 04:41:37 am »

"Thank you Hecellia, expect your reagents before dawn."

Head towards the Forest of Woe, and examine the surroundings for any sign of foliage, including listening for any other signs of movement.

Now what would share a preference for darkness and death?...

Oh wait.

Go sneaky.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 07:59:17 am »

"ah guess if ya want sumfin done right, ya gotta do it yoself," Annette quips to the non-compliant birds.

Annette heads off alone, tracking her potential prey using only her heightened senses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5