Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Siege? Time for a nap  (Read 3119 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Siege? Time for a nap
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:59:10 am »

"A vile force of darkness has arrived"

Oh great :D Time to put my squad of legendary archers to work, in my recently built archer tower. I station them inside as you would. Then I realised that I hadn't finished constructing the roof over the top, and the leader of the squad ran outside and came into the tower through the temporary staircase... Or, at least tried to. Halfway up, she decided it was time for a nap.

Zzzzz... Fast asleep outside, in the middle of a siege. Genius. Thinking her lost, I closed up the drawbridge so the other archers went the CORRECT way to the tower, and went about business as normal.

I went to check up on how my archers were doing, which was pretty well, littering the battlefield and the gobbos with silver bolts. Checking the combat reports, the one who was sleeping was still alive. Everything they threw at her was deflected by her masterwork adamantine helm. Good thing I equipped that. 38 pages of combat reports reports later, and not a single injury, she decided it was time to wake up, completely surrounded by i think it was 15 goblins. By this time the archer squad was all out of ammunition, and had run back to grab more.

Watching closely, I saw this legend take out 10 of the goblins, and incapacitate the rest, without a single injury on her part. Another 3 pages of combat reports of her bashing one of them over the head with her crossbow, bruising the skin, and the squad was back with bolts to finish off the downed goblins.

She is to be given a new nickname, appropriate of her extraordinary, yet extremely cocky deeds, and hopefully to later be either vampirified, or wereified (two new words?), as well as given new quarters (I don't want her to ever tantrum on me). What else should be done to honour this dwarf singlehandedly dispatching 15 goblins after taking a nap on the battlefield?
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Siege? Time for a nap
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:13:21 am »

She must, of course, have a splendid bedroom.  Probably should give her the champion slot, too.

The final bit, though, is she must have artifact socks.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 01:14:05 am »

Artifact Bed.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:20:22 am »

She must, of course, have a splendid bedroom.  Probably should give her the champion slot, too.

Artifact socks... I can't say I've ever had them before. Her crossbow has had a name bestowed upon it, and she is in full masterwork adamantine, save for the left gauntlet, which is an artifact in itself. She has the rank of champion as well

God, why are all the notable dwarves in my fort female. The vampire I stumbled across and tortured with eternal prodding by blunt sticks was a female too... Thank god I've managed to reduce the relationships to nothing but passing acquaintances
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 02:22:47 am »

She is to be given a new nickname, appropriate of her extraordinary, yet extremely cocky deeds, and hopefully to later be either vampirified, or wereified (two new words?)
Vampirification is bad because of the conflict between the dwarf's alcohol dependency and the vampire's no-drink tag. But is fixable by modding, and you can do it post-regen too. All you need is a syndrome that removes the no-drink tag from any creature that contracts the syndrome.

PS: was that the cook? God, she can drink. She drained two adults and one child in the space of two weeks when I was waiting for the syndrome to kick in.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 02:26:09 am »

She is to be given a new nickname, appropriate of her extraordinary, yet extremely cocky deeds, and hopefully to later be either vampirified, or wereified (two new words?)
Vampirification is bad because of the conflict between the dwarf's alcohol dependency and the vampire's no-drink tag. But is fixable by modding, and you can do it post-regen too. All you need is a syndrome that removes the no-drink tag from any creature that contracts the syndrome.

PS: was that the cook? God, she can drink. She drained two adults and one child in the space of two weeks when I was waiting for the syndrome to kick in.

Yep, that was the cook. Eventually served 6 sentences for murder, before going insane on the last day of her sentence because she was put in prison halfway to getting armour, so didn't have shoes

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 08:22:28 am »

Keep making statues until you get one depicting her. Then put it in her room, or the barracks, or the statue garden.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 08:38:15 am »

Keep making statues until you get one depicting her. Then put it in her room, or the barracks, or the statue garden.
STATUES!!!!!! I'm assuming you mean solid gold ones right?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 09:58:00 am »

Yep, that was the cook. Eventually served 6 sentences for murder, before going insane on the last day of her sentence because she was put in prison halfway to getting armour, so didn't have shoes
I wonder if dwarves would take the Pickup Equipment job while chained? They'll eat and drink, but they won't work in a workshop even if they can get at the centre tile. I tried building a dorm around her and burrowing some children in the prison, but she didn't eat any of them until I unbuilt the chain and burrowed her in the dorm as well. Maybe I didn't wait long enough before removing the chain...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 10:01:01 am »

Actuly, with my !!SCIENCE!!ing skills, i found out that even after going as long as you can without booze, vamps still work faster and run faster then your avredge Urist. Even without drinking blood, at its slowest state, its still faster then all but the speediest dorfs.

*flys away*
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

Don't they still go on breaks more often? And what about vampires hiding their agility gains to make them stand out less? Do they use their natural speed when crafting or digging, or their faked speed?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 03:34:54 pm »

STATUES!!!!!! I'm assuming you mean solid gold ones right?
Gold? Pah! Aluminum is where it's at.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:22:20 pm »

You must immortalize her in rose gold!  Or black bronze; either works.

No, wait!  What's her favorite metal?  Make a statue of her out of it, then display it in a prominent location.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 10:33:20 pm »

Artifact socks... I can't say I've ever had them before. Her crossbow has had a name bestowed upon it, and she is in full masterwork adamantine, save for the left gauntlet, which is an artifact in itself. She has the rank of champion as well

God, why are all the notable dwarves in my fort female. The vampire I stumbled across and tortured with eternal prodding by blunt sticks was a female too... Thank god I've managed to reduce the relationships to nothing but passing acquaintances

Wait is it actually possible to reduce relationship levels among dwarves?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:05 pm »

Wait is it actually possible to reduce relationship levels among dwarves?

Technically, I'm not sure... You'd assume that if someone didn't see a friend for many seasons though... I just mean I make sure there are no idlers, and stop them from developing relationships... As a result I have very few married couples too

Unfortunately, it seems aluminium and tin are the two metals I don't have on the map (or at least haven't found yet)... First things first, train up a legendary metalsmith to craft the statue into masterwork... Using lead is an acceptable material to train on right?
Pages: [1] 2