Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335105 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2820 on: February 27, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »

Y'all need to hush, otherwise I will deploy the OCBC.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 02, 2013, 12:57:12 am »

Can we have Aluminum Trees? Spike goes up, then smaller spikes fly out of that one. Quick, merciful death. Gruesome display.
What about can bombs? Beartrap fields?

Ooh! Ooh! Can we engineer some Shudovaij?
The white, blank eyes, come to drag you away in the night faster than a man can run. The wings and skin, ash gray, to blend in with the fog and snow. They take you to their den. The swarm feasts. Two blank eyes stare at you from the top of a tree, muttering incoherently.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 02, 2013, 01:12:53 am »

Can we have Aluminum Trees? Spike goes up, then smaller spikes fly out of that one. Quick, merciful death. Gruesome display.
Impossible if an actual tree, impractical otherwise.

What about can bombs? Beartrap fields?
Kinda dumb.

Ooh! Ooh! Can we engineer some Shudovaij?
The white, blank eyes, come to drag you away in the night faster than a man can run. The wings and skin, ash gray, to blend in with the fog and snow. They take you to their den. The swarm feasts. Two blank eyes stare at you from the top of a tree, muttering incoherently.
No idea what that is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 02, 2013, 01:27:44 am »

Their heads are like plague doctor's masks, and the bite and scratch. They break the legs and arms. Drag them to their den. Wings. Winged arms. Chitter-chatter-scream. Incoherent chitter-chatter. Breathing problems. Two blank, white eyes, atop a juniper-like branch, staring until the others come. Nothing left, they eat the bones. The eat every bit of the victim. Toothed beak. Screams like a crow. Caw caw chitter-chatter. Swarms. Devour the town. Take the livestock, eat them. Take the children, eat them. Take the guards, eat them. Devour. Hungry. Always hungry. Block out the sky with gray. Gray, gray, gray, white eyes. Flap of wings. Shoot one down, you've just fed the others. They keep coming. The Ghosts of Exile Plateau. The warm-blooded ghosts. Came from humans. Not human. Ghosts. Ghost people? Ghosts. White-eyed ghosts. They don't blink.  If one blinks, run. They don't do that! Why did it blink? It shouldn't; it doesn't need to. Crawl to the cradle. Long claws. Sing into skin and slink out. They watch you. Always watch. They want you out of their territory. The alpha. Grunt out a two word sentence? Possible. Stronger, bigger. They open the locked door. It's locked. It was. They crawl closer. You can't hide, they smell you. They taste you. Snake-ghosts. The Ghosts of Exile Plateau hunger.
My tumblr.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 03, 2013, 06:33:10 pm »

Their heads are like plague doctor's masks, and the bite and scratch. They break the legs and arms. Drag them to their den. Wings. Winged arms. Chitter-chatter-scream. Incoherent chitter-chatter. Breathing problems. Two blank, white eyes, atop a juniper-like branch, staring until the others come. Nothing left, they eat the bones. The eat every bit of the victim. Toothed beak. Screams like a crow. Caw caw chitter-chatter. Swarms. Devour the town. Take the livestock, eat them. Take the children, eat them. Take the guards, eat them. Devour. Hungry. Always hungry. Block out the sky with gray. Gray, gray, gray, white eyes. Flap of wings. Shoot one down, you've just fed the others. They keep coming. The Ghosts of Exile Plateau. The warm-blooded ghosts. Came from humans. Not human. Ghosts. Ghost people? Ghosts. White-eyed ghosts. They don't blink.  If one blinks, run. They don't do that! Why did it blink? It shouldn't; it doesn't need to. Crawl to the cradle. Long claws. Sing into skin and slink out. They watch you. Always watch. They want you out of their territory. The alpha. Grunt out a two word sentence? Possible. Stronger, bigger. They open the locked door. It's locked. It was. They crawl closer. You can't hide, they smell you. They taste you. Snake-ghosts. The Ghosts of Exile Plateau hunger.
So, target practice? Ok.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 04, 2013, 07:15:15 pm »

There's a special thing about the creatures, though. They have a tendency to not be there. You won't be able to remember the experience correctly. Was the devourer there? You can't tell. And for every detail, the longer after you see one, the more your memory freaks out. Thinking back to an encounter a year later, if the beast isn't killed, all you will remember is your friends and loved ones being ripped apart by invisible forces before your eyes. It probably won't be dead, though. Shoot it? It gets hungrier and it knows that for sure, there's food in there, food that is defending other food. Burn it? It gets angrier and its dying screams alert the sixty-or-more-strong den. Apply magma? They fly, smart one. Now, I'm not saying they don't bleed; they most certainly do. Blackish red blood. I'm also not saying they don't die; they're just stubborn. They just don't feel pain. None besides their hunger. If you try to find some way to kill them, it probably won't work. I'm still trying to figure out an effective way to kill these bastards.

Your best bet is to turn on the lights, keep quiet, don't cook or do anything that produces the scent of food, clutch your loved ones and your gun close, and pray to whatever god or lack of a god you presently possess that they ignore you.
My tumblr.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:07 am »

Oh yeah those things.
It's actually laughably easy to kill them if you know how.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 05, 2013, 09:18:11 pm »

I just don't want it to rain again. The acid just pisses them off.

Let's see.
Electricity: It killed one and the others learned not to touch the electric fence.
Radiation: I've still got to live here, so this is out of the question.
Ugh. Any other ways any of you can think of?

With these things around, I'm stuck living in a dark metal bunker.
My tumblr.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:11 pm »

Oh yeah those things.
It's actually laughably easy to kill them if you know how.
Fire the OCBC?
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 05, 2013, 10:20:15 pm »

Let's see.
Electricity: It killed one and the others learned not to touch the electric fence.

I'd tell you, but honestly it's too much fun to not.
Sig! Onol

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:27 pm »

Let's see.

No, really. Just fire the O.C.B.C and no longer fear the night. It is the pinnacle of humanity's technological development, and can solve literally every problem known to man.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:49 pm »

Let's see.

No, really. Just fire the O.C.B.C and no longer fear the night. It is the pinnacle of humanity's technological development, and can solve literally every problem known to man.
Overly Complicated Barrel of Cats?
Sig! Onol

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 05, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »

Let's see.

Orbital Chainsaw Bear Cannon.
Fully automated, it breeds every species of bear, attaches chainsaws to their arms, then launches them from low earth orbit. You can even select what species of bear and the number of each you want for every launch!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 05, 2013, 10:59:00 pm »

Let's see.

No, really. Just fire the O.C.B.C and no longer fear the night. It is the pinnacle of humanity's technological development, and can solve li
Literally every problem known to man.
Orbital Chainsaw Bear Cannon.
Fully automated, it breeds every species of bear, attaches chainsaws to their arms, then launches them from low earth orbit. You can even select what species of bear and the number of each you want for every launch!
Bah. I'll stay with the Orbital Shark-Bear-Octopus-Tyrannosaur-pterodactyl-ghost-dragon-machine gun-chainsaw Cannon.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 05, 2013, 11:17:26 pm »

I'll stick to the Orbital Bombardment device. Know what it fires? Simple metal rods.

Not as showy, mayhaps, but much less likely to burn up in the atmosphere.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 192