Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335462 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1830 on: September 14, 2012, 03:36:30 pm »

We're thinking of first peacefully invading and exploiting some insignificant part of Africa to raise funds.

Also I think the motto of the military should be the german ''Und was nicht passt, wird passend gemacht.''
(What does not fit will be made to fit. Usually in a context that involves potentially applying force, of course.)

''In scientia insanitas'' will be the motto of ETHICAL.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 14, 2012, 03:52:49 pm »

I think we're going to invade the DRC. Not entirely sure.

So, To clear that up, I would like that the military command present the operation, and the plans behind it. This Operation should aim to get us in control of a sizable amount of territory, if not the government itself. This is essentially Order Of Battle, i.e. who do we attack, with how many, where, with what, what d we do then, etc. Note there is a prize for best project. Points are recieved for:

-Line Graphs, not sure why, just do it.
-Level of Detail, how far in you go, the better.
-Organization, I don't want to spend 5 minutes looking for whatever.
-Helpful images, including enemy sites, and other graphics. Like Maps with legends. AND FLOW CHARTS!
-Adaptability. I don't want to die because someone didn't check the forecast and the plan needed sun. Includes backup plans
-Probability of Success.
-Number of Casualties. I Don't tink we can mount a space program, or even consolidate our postion, if half of everyone is dead.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 14, 2012, 04:14:16 pm »

-Helpful images, including enemy sites, and other graphics. Like Maps with legends. AND FLOW CHARTS!
-Adaptability. I don't want to die because someone didn't check the forecast and the plan needed sun. Includes backup plans
-Probability of Success.
-Number of Casualties. I Don't tink we can mount a space program, or even consolidate our postion, if half of everyone is dead.

If the modding gets finished, we could create an arena map with the location we are trying to make our strike, and test the plans in Dwarf Fortress.  Graphs would measure success rate (out of 1000) casualties, etc.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 14, 2012, 04:15:23 pm »

B.I.O.G.L.a.D.O.S.'s motto will be "Vita a mors et mors a vita."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 14, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »

-Probability of Success.

If the modding gets finished, we could create an arena map with the location we are trying to make our strike, and test the plans in Dwarf Fortress.  Graphs would measure success rate (out of 1000) casualties, etc.
You get 10 points just for suggesting that. Seriously, thats brilliant, someone go make that. However, 10 points is not enough to win you the prize.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 14, 2012, 04:30:25 pm »

-Probability of Success.

You get 10 points just for suggesting that. Seriously, thats brilliant, someone go make that. However, 10 points is not enough to win you the prize.

Where is everyone at, though?

Anyway, the motto (in Icelandic) for 'the enforcers' (better name pending):
Réttlętiš        Frelsi         Heišur
 Justice       Freedom       Honor
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 14, 2012, 04:30:27 pm »

So how exactly is this whole thing working?
Because there's multiple potential strike locations we could pick. Different locations could have different advantages/disadvantages and things like that. To the point where different plans would be incomparable, having to be so different.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 14, 2012, 04:36:55 pm »

Everyone is currently at zero. If you want to submit smething without anyone knowing, PM me with it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 14, 2012, 04:59:17 pm »

Let's start by figuring out what resources we have, what resources we need, and if we can use the former to get the latter. Then we can plan an invasion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 14, 2012, 05:36:16 pm »

I guess our resources are mostly money and skills - what do you do, and how much money do you make, everyone?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 14, 2012, 05:59:03 pm »

I'm a student, and I make negligible income.
Sig

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 14, 2012, 06:02:17 pm »

This, But I produce a negative income. Except today, today I turned a profit of 2 dollars, american.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 14, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

This, But I produce a negative income. Except today, today I turned a profit of 2 dollars, american.

High school student.  No income.  All money I currently have is already designated for other things.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 14, 2012, 06:22:08 pm »

Ha ha ha the canadian dollar is stronger now
My wooden badge was delicious.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 14, 2012, 06:40:16 pm »

Ha ha ha the canadian dollar is stronger now
This may be true, But yu can only spend it on candian things, so it is therefore less valuable. Do you read this just to troll peroidically?

I'm slightly disappointed in the lack of billionaraires here. What about you Goomba? Or are you afraid to say?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 192