Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335935 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1425 on: August 28, 2012, 07:51:12 am »

PLOT TWIST ! *the evil  twin brother of brainfreez has arrived !*
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 28, 2012, 11:17:42 am »

PLOT TWIST ! *the evil sane  twin brother of brainfreez has arrived !*
Fixed it for you.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 28, 2012, 01:14:15 pm »

aaaaaah ! i was burning some crap and then a can exploded and hot plastic flew in my eye .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 28, 2012, 02:02:46 pm »

That's some weird digestive problem you're having, crapping plastic :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 28, 2012, 02:51:11 pm »

By the way, am I a official Bay12 celebrity for starting this yet?
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58:36 pm »

you just created the thread , Misko and king started this .

Damn i am idiot (because i threw a can in fire) !
i knew that the pressure will make it explode .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:48:59 pm by brainfreez »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 28, 2012, 03:51:38 pm »

you just created the thread , Misko and king started this .

Damn i am idiot (because i threw a can in fire) !
i knew that the pressure will make it explode .
Now I need to do that.

Yeah, you need to add someting very worthwhile to the prject. like how brainfreez added, uh, um, Weirdness.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 28, 2012, 04:14:54 pm »

That's some weird digestive problem you're having, crapping plastic :D
It was fun , untill my eye was full with plastic .

i like to risk . :D

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 28, 2012, 06:39:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-------------begin message-------------
To:TopHat
Subject: Re:police dept.
I am glad you understand my viewpoint.  I am glad that there will be support from an already existing agency, and will gladly accept any assistance.  Do not worry, I shall keep that offer noted, just in case it is needed within the future.

Also, do not forget that the name is spelled "Zanzetkuken" not "Zanhetkuken."  We don't want any messages between our departments to get lost!
-------------end message-------------

Also, do not forget that
As far as I could see, this thread is a boon and a bane.
A boon because it could be something to preserve, history to show our future citizens.
In the short term, however, it's a bane for the reasons voiced by Corai.
We could destroy the threads, print off a few pages each, take them to our colony, then put them together and recreate the thread in full for future generations to gaze upon.
Also: astronaut training. Does anyone know how to fly a spaceship? Spacewalk? Put on a spacesuit?

This is true, but I do not have the ink to print the thread, but would it not be better to place the pages within a flash drive so that the quality of the pages is maintained?

I believe that someone on the forum may need to go through that training to tell the rest of us what needs to be done in those cases.

(Also I suggest combining the military and police and closely linking them to the secret police and the intelligence agency so that we will be able to efficiently abuse our governmental power)

-------------begin message-------------
To: Helgoland
Subject: Governmental forces
I will quote the reasons why I think this is a poor idea from a message I sent to TopHat, due to it applying to you as well.
While your idea within your prior message would possibly work, I would prefer a man of a fair amount of sanity and morality in charge.  While I would still be in command of the department, I would still be subservient to yourself, a man of questionable sanity and morals.  Therefore, I would rather it be created as a separate organization so that it would be a more-sane mind that oversees the punishment of those who attempt to create chaos, and be more immune to corruption.
As you can see, I believe that there should be separate organizations to keep tabs upon each other to for the organizations to keep tabs and check upon others to prevent those from abusing power, something that I am against.  This also has a basis in fact that if a government abuses power, the citizens will revolt, leading to something similar to the French Revolution or the more recent Arab Spring.  Within a colony of the bay forum, the number of insane people would make abuse a poor idea indeed.
-------------end message-------------
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 28, 2012, 07:09:40 pm »

"Misko27 has mandated the creation of a research committee"

Description: "My fellow citizens, it has come to my attention that there is far too much jockeying for position and back-room dealing among our bueracrats, and not enough progress planning the actual program. This threatens both to undermine the authority of the state and to push ever-further back the date of the establishment of the colony. This is unacceptable. While public censure might be a far more effective measure of ending the practice, It would not help planning and would only further decrease our scarce manpower. Therefore, I have decides to appoint the following to a research committee to find solutions to our current problems as previously stated by President DZA: Zanzatkukun, Tophat, and Helgoland. Participation is required unless sufficient reason  is given. The following are invited but not attendace by them is not required: greatwyrmgold, 10ebbor10, darkrider2, and slowpokez. I hope to see much progress from this group. In conclusion: All hail DZA"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 28, 2012, 07:46:11 pm »

I'm not invited? :(

Anyway, if you guys are unaware, there is a thread in the modding forum on this. I just thought to myself; If we were able to duplicate space and our projects in DF, it would be immensely usefull. Rather then spending millions on tests and such in real life, we could actually use DF as a sort of simulation to test our projects too make sure that they don't fail, with no risk involved at all!

Or we could just abandon the idea of modding DF if it doesn't work, and make our own simulation from scratch!

Genius! What do you guys think?

Edit;
I locked up the poll for now (no one liked my idea :(  ). Any ideas on what the next poll should be? Also, in case you havint noticed, I'm back from vacation, woooo.... So I'm going to be more involved then I have been for the last week. Sorry bout that span of inactivity!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:54:56 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 28, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »

Horrific torture: legal way of executing traitors?

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 28, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »

Cannabalism: Acceptable or no?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 28, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »

Therefore, I have decides to appoint the following to a research committee to find solutions to our current problems as previously stated by President DZA: Zanzatkukun, Tophat, and Helgoland.

Was that supposed to be a comma?  If not, how are we problems if these are all of the messages sent?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would say no to this, due to how barbaric that is.

I would say no to this, for the same reasons that I gave in response to Corai.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 28, 2012, 09:40:41 pm »

Holy carp, I leave for a week and way too many more pages get added. I'll try to catch up.

Why have I not been added to the OP as the F.O.R.G.O.T.E.N.B.E.A.S.T. yet?

[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_X:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
I'd say not. Couldn't we upload their minds to some harmless computer and dissect the data within at our leisure?

In emergencies, but usually the metal in the bodies should be reclaimed, and the organic stuff should be used as fertilizer. Less disapproval from the Terrans pre-invasion, and I hear human meat tastes like stringy pork at best anyways.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 192