Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WTF bones could rot?  (Read 3266 times)

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
Re: WTF bones could rot?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »

Oh come on now!!!  >:(

My woodcrafter now has 10 logs beside the craftdwarves workshop, but he says unable to make pots, need logs.

WTF?
Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 08:56:29 pm »

wood pots?

i know about stoneones, but WOOD POTS?!?!?!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 09:41:33 am »

wood pots?

i know about stoneones, but WOOD POTS?!?!?!

U mad? Basically 1 wood pot can store x6000 solid food and x600 liquids than a wood barrel, for the same one log. Compare it to a ceramic large pot, wich uses one clay, one fuel, one wood log for ash and another fuel for glazing. All in all 4 material, while the wood pot only uses one (wich is way lighter than the ones made from stone).

-----

SOLVED.

Just destroyed and reconstructed the workshop, and they do it fine (the wood pots, however the making of bone greaves remain to be some sort impossible feat for my dwarves)

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

however the making of bone greaves remain to be some sort impossible feat for my dwarves
Do you have three stacks of bone?
Do you have three useable stacks? Sometimes when you get to the last bone in a stack, it gets used as normal but leaves behind a bone that's just refuse -- you can't craft with it.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 01:00:23 pm »

however the making of bone greaves remain to be some sort impossible feat for my dwarves
Do you have three stacks of bone?
Do you have three useable stacks? Sometimes when you get to the last bone in a stack, it gets used as normal but leaves behind a bone that's just refuse -- you can't craft with it.

Update:

No the problem was with the workshop. Somehow the dwarves who used the workshop marked either it or the specific 1 stack of 8 bones unusable, or incompatible with each other. I have found the two desired items suddenly on a random stockpile. After I have destroyed the workshop, and made another one, they have used the 8 bones, and made 2 greaves out of them (6 bones), so 2 bones remained, which were later used to make crafts.

So if anyone experience a problem like this, when you have the materials and everything, but the dwarves still refuse to work. Destroy the workshops and stockpiles, and build and designate new ones!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 01:03:56 pm »

there are also stone pots that use 1 stone. but ive never heard of WOOD pots.... :-\
Highly Opinionated Fool

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »

So, if an adventurer separates a stack of bones by throwing them around, or by severing limbs of say a night troll, the separated parts ought to be usable in fortress mode correct (even the night troll upper leg bones and such, right?)?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 03:09:16 pm »

So, if an adventurer separates a stack of bones by throwing them around, or by severing limbs of say a night troll, the separated parts ought to be usable in fortress mode correct (even the night troll upper leg bones and such, right?)?

No idea about the separated stacks, could work since the unstackable/unusable bones are only produced in fort mode upon using up the stack.
Carrying stacks of bones (or skin, hair, skulls for that matter) to the embark site does work, these can be used fine. Separated body parts could work too, if they rot and are butchered to produce a stack of bones.
What does NOT work is using the corpses you find in lairs/shrines. I tried to carry the bodys of slain world gen dwarfs to my embark site to bury them. Some were corpses, some had been butchered by night creatures and were "Urist McDwarfnames bone (10)". The dwarfs completely ignored those, did not carry them to a corpse/refuse stockpile and could neither bury them nor engrave memorials.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 05:41:50 pm »

Quote from: Aseaheru
yes, AseaHeru IS elvish, but i am not a elf. so?

Off topic:

As a Legendary elf skin tanner, I can imagine your proper name tag like this:

Take it as gift if you like :P, use this url in your avatar setting:
(don't worry it will make it to the correct size)

http://i49.tinypic.com/m99klc.png

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:43:44 pm by towerdude »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 06:22:40 pm »

OHHH!

Pretty.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 [2]