Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WTF bones could rot?  (Read 3273 times)

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
WTF bones could rot?
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:07:28 pm »

Despite my rigorous designation of two separate refuse piles, one for corpses and body parts, and the other for item types, skulls, bones, shells, teeth, horns/hooves, hair/wool. They still bring bones to the first refuse pile. On the item description "rotten" is not present. So why do my legendary bone carver when I instruct him to make bone greaves say needs 3 unrotten body part? When there are 16 bones around?
Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: WTF bones could rot?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »

Despite my rigorous designation of two separate refuse piles, one for corpses and body parts, and the other for item types, skulls, bones, shells, teeth, horns/hooves, hair/wool. They still bring bones to the first refuse pile. On the item description "rotten" is not present. So why do my legendary bone carver when I instruct him to make bone greaves say needs 3 unrotten body part? When there are 16 bones around?
It also says "nearby", right? Sometimes dorfs are inexplicably lazy and won't notice things even if they are somewhat close to them.
My wooden badge was delicious.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »

It also says "nearby", right? Sometimes dorfs are inexplicably lazy and won't notice things even if they are somewhat close to them.

The problem is that the two refuse piles are very far from each other. But the dwarves refuse to bring the bones to the proper pile. Even after the rotten body parts have turned into bones. Also the bone pile which was right next to the workshop, contained 8 bones, which happened to be 0 tiles far from the workshop.

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:25:26 pm »

Are these "Animal Bones (16)" or 16 pieces of "Animal Bone"? The first ones are usable, the latter are an unusable byproduct.
Also bones will eventually rot or get eaten by vermin, don't know how long that takes though.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 04:34:42 pm »

Is it something like "stray wjdfjsdjsd upper leg bone" or is it "stray wjdfjsdjsd bone (18)"?

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 04:42:55 pm »

gray langur bone

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 04:45:33 pm »

Well, if it's not a stack of "gray langur bone (16)", it's unusable.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:19:35 pm »

Well, if it's not a stack of "gray langur bone (16)", it's unusable.

But why don't they make from the gray langur bones a stack? I also have one that is gray langure bone (8), yet they don't use it either.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »

These bones are not stackable. They are leftovers, that remain after a stack of bones is used up. They are completely useless, you need to butcher another animal to produce "animal bones (10)".

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:04 pm »

These bones are not stackable. They are leftovers, that remain after a stack of bones is used up. They are completely useless, you need to butcher another animal to produce "animal bones (10)".

Okay that part is useless. But what about the other:

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 05:45:55 pm »

These should work.

Maybe you need more bones for the greaves you want to produce?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 06:51:38 pm »

Assuming the latest version, are you using give/take rules on the stockpile?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »

Assuming the latest version, are you using give/take rules on the stockpile?

I have now closely inspected my bone carver, and she brings the bones into the workshop, drops them to the floor and say needs 3 unrotten body part.

Chaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 07:48:43 pm »

It's a bug, your Bonecarver need 3 stacks of bones (as they are too dorf to split up stacks), but will use only one bone of each stack.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 08:05:53 pm »

It's a bug, your Bonecarver need 3 stacks of bones (as they are too dorf to split up stacks), but will use only one bone of each stack.

Bunch of good fur nuttin whinee-ass midgets.

Pages: [1] 2