Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66256 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 2 is less secure
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »

Yep. Voting BMC. I like how you cruised through the entirety of D1 on a vote you made on the twelfth post.

(Ahh, Lurkertracker, how I've neglected thee)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:37 pm »

PPE: Toony:
Mr.D is probably a dopp.  I can imagine his partners screaming at each other in the chat.
Do you have any idea who his partners might be?

And if it's 50/50 between me or Hapah being the ext, would you like to explain why? In detail?
BMC?  Bookthras?  I wish I was that good.

Besides your great over-reacting(I give you the greatest detail), Hapah is being very stand-offish.  I remember him being a Cybrid Sympathizer like this in another game.

Toony: Is Mr. D the only scum, or do you have an actual reason for sitting around with your thumb up your ass? As for the voting thing, I'm not asking Hapah to vote. I'm asking him to hunt. Do you understand the difference between those two?
No I don't, make it clear for me oh marvelous vague one.
Okay. How does voting help find scum?
Huh?  I was asking what the difference was.  I guess your goal is to confuse matters...
(answer clearly, and try not to keep your entire sentence a question, it's very uncooperative and aloof grand exty one)

And no, Mr.D isn't my only scum.  I already answered before I don't like how you or Hapah are acting.  I think that was a question you yourself asked, great job Mr. Exty.
I will repeat my questions if the answer is unsatisfactory. The answer I was looking for was you questioning people.
Screw you.  That's a general rule that applies to the whole point of mafia.  If I wasn't hunting scum why would I even post.  Thanks for stating the obvious though, you're soooo helpfuuuul.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2012, 04:10:33 pm »

I'm curious how you scumhunt without questioning people yourself. Just let others do the interrogating for you and pick up the pieces?

BMC?  Bookthras?  I wish I was that good.
Perhaps the fact that you're not hunting has something to do with that.

Besides your great over-reacting(I give you the greatest detail), Hapah is being very stand-offish.  I remember him being a Cybrid Sympathizer like this in another game.
I thought you said I was suspect for "pinning exty on everybody." What's changed?

Huh?  I was asking what the difference was.  I guess your goal is to confuse matters...
(answer clearly, and try not to keep your entire sentence a question, it's very uncooperative and aloof grand exty one)
That is the difference. Voting, in and of itself, does not find scum. Hunting does - that's the entire point.

Screw you.  That's a general rule that applies to the whole point of mafia.  If I wasn't hunting scum why would I even post.
Still not a satisfactory answer. And if you weren't hunting scum, you'd be posting as scum trying to keep up appearances.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »

Quote from: BMC
What the hell is this shit? List all your "reasons" and be sure to include scum bandwagon at the top of the list.
Okay.

-Scum bandwagon, per your request. Specifically, You hopping on the wagon as the 4th MrD vote at the opening of D2. No question, no reasoning, you just throw that vote out there. That is a bandwagon, right? (Editor's Note: I really wanted to put something snappy here)
-Different reasons for voting the same people (see your XX and YY posts
-"Blatantly obvious" scum here. Unless someone REALLY screws up (I'm talking master-caliber screw-up), the only thing that's obvious is that not a damn thing is obvious. This is Mafia, after all.
-Moving your vote off of the "blatantly obvious" scum. Why let go of someone that's "scummier than a fish tank?" Is Jim even MORE blatantly obvious scum? You are so certain that they are both scum that you are willing to let go of a sure thing?
-Now Jim and MrD are BOTH scum. You accuse Jim of coaching MrD, going so far to say that MrD's recent posts "reek of coaching". Can you explain how you're certain enough that Jim is the one coaching MrD to go for a lynch? It must be blatantly obvious, or you wouldn't have let go of MrD.
-You're also guilty of Pot and Kettle as well, it seems. Since apprently, it's okay for you to leave out reasons that have already been listed, but if I do it I'm a bandwagoning scumbucket. Cut me some slack, it was really early. (Also, serious question BMC: How do you make the marks over the e's in protege?)
-On a related note, MrD has made eight posts today, and they don't look coached to me in the slightest. Please explain how they are.

That's all I have time for at the moment. I'd like to make another post tonight. We'll see how the night goes!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2012, 09:14:45 pm »

I will be voting BMC and if you yell 'bandwagon' then go hang because I have a reason.

BMC: You repeatedly use evidence such as my first vote on Dariush being a failed attempt at a bandwagon. How many times do I have to stress it wasn't serious? I have stated it about four times during this game. My 'failed bandwagon' doesn't qualify for a reason because it wasn't an attempt at a bandwagon. You also use my second vote on Dariuh as evidence, but if you look at him then youll see his only evidence on me is that I voted him. Whoa, it's almost as if that's not a valid reason for voting me and that I have a valid reason for voting him.
Your excuse for jumping on my bandwagon is also stupid as all hell and because of all of that I will be voting you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2012, 10:30:49 pm »

Hapah:
Toaster: Wasn't much of a case to begin with.

I don't buy this.  Prior to voting Jim on D1, you say this:

ZU: It's sort of my standard procedure. I don't throw my vote in until I'm ready for it to stay there, in most cases.

Then suddenly your vote is "moot."

Man, something weird is going on here. I don't think I could figure it out in 10 minutes (and it looks like a ZU lynch is inevitable now), but I'll have something to start on D2.

My vote is moot at this point, but I'll go with Jim. I really need to reread, though.

You claim to have something to start with, but never follow through with it, besides...

Jim: No epiphany, just a feeling like there's something going on that I'm not seeing (which is probable, really). ZU's statements didn't seem out of the ordinary to me, which is why it struck me as a little odd that you'd try to nail him for it.

I think you had shit, and voted him so no one would ask him why you hadn't voted anyone come D2.  Wouldn't you agree?

Mr. D:
I will be voting BMC and if you yell 'bandwagon' then go hang because I have a reason.

You do realize that you were the first person to vote BMC today, right?  As such, only an idiot would say it was a bandwagon.  Did you forget you were voting him or did you just want to preemptively defend yourself?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2012, 10:36:48 pm »

Heh. I guess I forgot, sorry about that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2012, 10:37:12 pm »

Super concerned about where your vote lies, aren't you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2012, 10:45:59 pm »

Not really, I just wanted to vote for BMC since he was being really suspicious. Shouldn't everyone be concerned who they vote though? If you are voting a person you wanted to put pressure on and then forgot about it then you look like scum. If you think someone is scum but don't place a vote then you are possibly letting that person go free. So your question is pretty stupid isn't it? If I wasn't concerned about my vote it would mean I wasnt paying attention to the game which is something you used as evidence for voting me and if I wasn't concerned it could also be used by the scum to accuse me of being scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2012, 10:51:17 pm »

Not really, I just wanted to vote for BMC since he was being really suspicious. Shouldn't everyone be concerned who they vote though? If you are voting a person you wanted to put pressure on and then forgot about it then you look like scum. If you think someone is scum but don't place a vote then you are possibly letting that person go free. So your question is pretty stupid isn't it? If I wasn't concerned about my vote it would mean I wasnt paying attention to the game which is something you used as evidence for voting me and if I wasn't concerned it could also be used by the scum to accuse me of being scum.

I think you missed the point of my comment (hint- it was sarcasm, which I admit does not translate well in text all the time), except that you pretty much nailed it in the underlined part.  If you were concerned about your vote, why did you forget who you were voting?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2012, 12:21:14 am »

Hapah and the srs bzns: Use spell check or character map. I think there's some arcane wizardy that lets you do it by holding some function keys and pressing numbers on the pad, but I haven't looked into it.
I was considering put a real post together, but it's late. A brief examination reads that Mr.D, amazingly enough, FORGOT his and super scum coach's band wagon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2012, 12:27:38 am »

UI:

Quote from: UI
-snip- I want to go over both Toony and BMC with a fine-toothed comb.
Yep. Voting BMC. I like how you cruised through the entirety of D1 on a vote you made on the twelfth post.

Elapsed time between these two posts? Four minutes and three seconds.

You mean to tell me that you went from going through everything with a fine-toothed comb to voting BMC for a D1 vote in under five minutes? Add to this the fact that it doesn't seem like you're really pushing to get anyone to vote Toony (who you claimed was the Ext), even though you claim getting the Ext is top priority? You're prodding Toony a bit, sure, but you're not actually trying to convince anyone that he's the Ext. It kinda looks like you figured out what a Townie would do, set up the scenario, and then completely forgot that you had to actually act the part.

What made you shift your vote from Toony to BMC? Do you think that a D1 vote is really that telling?

PPE

BMC: Concerning the little accent marks: How do I do that?

And I can't really tell what you're saying with your last sentence.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2012, 01:37:04 am »

Unvote Mr. D

I thought you said I was suspect for "pinning exty on everybody." What's changed?
Nothing's changed.  I don't know what you're saying beyond "that's another scummy thing you've done".  If you're going to point out something else I said was suspicious about you it's still something to suspect.  You're putting on a show.

I'm curious how you scumhunt without questioning people yourself. Just let others do the interrogating for you and pick up the pieces?
Except that's untrue.  You're being suspicious as fuck (Hapah's post above me is more evidence too).  I'm going to rejudge the situation and place my vote on you Urist Imik since I'm 99% sure you're the exty.  This goes in thanks to:

You are voting Toony (your Ext pick), but you're not really trying to get anyone else on board, as far as I can tell. Are you content with a possible Dopp lynch when I believe you yourself stated that it could put town into a no-win tomorrow?
Your behavior.  It's contradictory.  Also:

1.  Attacked Toaster by trying to pin exty on him but it was then completely dropped.
2.  Switched to calling me exty, but again as the quote above shows aren't very convincing.
3.  The rest of your questions seem to be irrelevant and/or aimless and/or confusing.  You just want somebody dead to thin the numbers.

In short, you're exty scum.  Mr.D and BMC are probably dopps.  And my suspicions of Hapah are slimming.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2012, 03:38:18 am »

ToonyMan. It's you, isn't it?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2012, 04:38:41 am »

How about you find me the exact post where I said I think Mr.Dwarfinton is town, because I've repeatedly said that I think he is a noob and I can't tell what his alignment is.
Oh, my bad. Replace the '...he considers town' in my last post with '...he doesn't consider scum'. There, happy?
If you're going to vote me, at least make sure your reasons are grounded in reality instead of tunnelvision by Bookthras.

Because, let's be honest here, you just borrowed all that shit from Bookthras without thinking.
You kidding, bro? I started attacking you basing off the same post Bookthras did. It's not my fault you share the timezone and can exchange WoTs with him while I'm asleep.

And... that's your reason for putting the fourth vote on him? Good job bussing, go ahead.

UI:

-snip- I want to go over both Toony and BMC with a fine-toothed comb.

Elapsed time between these two posts? Four minutes and three seconds.

-snip-

What made you shift your vote from Toony to BMC? Do you think that a D1 vote is really that telling?
This post is suspicious on two accounts. First, are you voting UI because of basically shitty timing? Do you have any other reasons? Second, do you or don't you consider BMC scum? Because that looks rather like chainsawing.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31