Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66184 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 2 is less secure
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2012, 01:54:25 pm »

PFP

God forbid I try to make sure I know what the hell is going on. The first two seem obvious, the third less so, and I just want to confirm.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Night 1
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2012, 02:17:59 pm »

You know, Jim's signature had had (until recently) a quote that quite accurately reflects what I think about the above paragraph.
I want to bang my head against the wall, and then I want to bang your head against the wall so you can feel my pain.
Jim's sig hasn't changed recently; that's from my sig you limpdick.

Also:  Bah.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2012, 03:44:47 pm »

BMC:
@UI about where I am and scum picks: I was with some relatives. I'd say toaster, Mr.D and what would've been Dustylou2.

@Shakerag: You died. D: Toonyman has essentially been playing vote roulette and Dusty has was been jumping on everyone like a sociopath.

@[color= red]Mr.D[/color]: Please admit you're only trying to make dariush look like he's rage voting you because your scum buddies told you so.

Mr.D: Giving up again? If I remember correctly, you did the same thing when you were a serial killer in RL5. Am I noticing a pattern here?

I see scum picks, but I see noticeable lacking of reasoning.  You have meta on Mr. D, nothing on me, and a reason for ToonyMan whom you yet do not list as a scum pick.  Do you think ToonyMan is scummy for his vote roulette?
Taken from what other people have said, I thought Toony's random, sometimes nonsensical voting was par for the course.

As for Mr.D, he's been jumpy with his vote (there was a post early in the game where he jumped right off of Dar after he posted something about a bandwagon), he's been using stupid reasons to vote (OMGUS being the most prevalent), a shit load of WIFOM, and a sudden understanding about how OMGUS works, almost as if someone contacted him in private about it. Maybe it was a sympathetic player, or, more likely, a dopp who wanted to go to the night with a full scum team.

It was also a late post, and I read that exty comment that you made as some how refering to you knowing who the exty was and thought that "oh, i guess toaster's the exterminator" or something. I do this quite a bit, and I'm working on limiting my posts to before I get super tired.

Toony: Could you answer Jim about Mr.D's constantly shifting reasons for being scummy.

Dariush: It's a bandwagon because I think the guy's a dopp? With my vote it means an enchanter can't vote you or Toaster to save his buddy. It's obvious he's scum, so let's think about the advantages that he gets from that.

Hapah: What makes you question the fact that we have an exterminator at all? Two people died last night, and both of them were town. Are you implying that you know of a vigilante?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2012, 04:14:01 pm »

I don't know about you guys, but I don't have a dopp.

Mr.D: Giving up again? If I remember correctly, you did the same thing when you were a serial killer in RL5. Am I noticing a pattern here?

Nice bandwagon there buddy. No, Im not giving up I was just saying that there was a high probability that I would be lynched. I didnt give up as a serial killer either, I stopped posting because I dug myself pretty deep and wanted to see what would happen if I watched for a bit. I was rather close to surviving until one extra vote screwed me.

About me jumping off Dar, it was a joke vote. How thick skulled do you have to be to not understand that? Like Dar you have no reason to vote me besides the fact I voted someone then unvoted.

Slightly unrelated question for Dar: Is being a dick part of your strategy or what? Whenever you post something you're extremely hostile.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2012, 04:27:52 pm »

Toony: Could you answer Jim about Mr.D's constantly shifting reasons for being scummy.
Huh?

I stopped posting because I dug myself pretty deep and wanted to see what would happen if I watched for a bit. I was rather close to surviving until one extra vote screwed me.
That's terrible.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2012, 04:37:48 pm »

Bodyguard killed while defending someone and wasn't just killed himself (flavor seems to read that way, but want to confirm)

I recall that in previous Paranormal's if we couldn't find evidence that a guard was killed in his home (or the usual place where he sleeps depending on the flavor scenario), then it means he was out protecting somebody. It's not as readily apparent that that's what happened in the flavor as it would have been in other Paranormals.

As for Mr.D, he's been jumpy with his vote (there was a post early in the game where he jumped right off of Dar after he posted something about a bandwagon), he's been using stupid reasons to vote (OMGUS being the most prevalent), a shit load of WIFOM, and a sudden understanding about how OMGUS works, almost as if someone contacted him in private about it. Maybe it was a sympathetic player, or, more likely, a dopp who wanted to go to the night with a full scum team.

That's a lot of baseless supposition you're throwing into your vote there.

Baseless supposition is flimsy justification and it looks like you're trying to pad your vote.

What, your questions aren't good enough so you have to borrow mine?

Man, you really wanted me dead. You know who else really wants me dead? The dopps. Coincidence?
He could have kept his entire case on you, just replacing "ext" with "dopp." What does the fact that he didn't do so tell you?

I know. And I'm wondering why he didn't. It might be because he would look stupid doing that. Or maybe it's some other reason.

But why are you interested in what I think of Bookthras based on what he did or didn't do? And while we're at it, what does this tell you about Bookthras?

I think we're gonna need an extension, especially considering that any lynch that leaves the ext alive could leave town in a no-win situation.

I think you're tipping your hand here.

Don't you want to find the dopps as well? What's wrong with a Mr.Dwarfinton lynch? He's the clear lynch candidate for today but you want to extend to find the Exterminator.

Why do you want to find the Exterminator so much? Maybe it's because you're a dopp. Urist Imiknorris.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2012, 06:34:41 pm »

Quote from: BMC
Hapah: What makes you question the fact that we have an exterminator at all? Two people died last night, and both of them were town. Are you implying that you know of a vigilante?
Nope. I just didn't know that laser burns were confirmed Exterminator (no clue what plasma bombs or killbot(s) look like). I wasn't even 100% sure that the dopp kill was a dopp kill until I read the roles again (thought it could have been alien xenozoologist, since no body. Then read that abducted people don't flip, though).

Dar: Eat shit.

Jim:
Thanks. He was in a hallway and not a room, so I'd say he was out being a guard, yes?

If he was guarding Shake, then that means you can't be the Exterminator (unless you get extra flavor? Unlikely). You could be a dopp fake-claiming the protect, but again, that would require the bodyguard, the exterminator, and the dopp NK to all target Shake. I find this unlikely. You're almost certainly not the exterminator (since claiming to be protected when someone else actually was would be a damn stupid thing to do), and fake-claiming the protect as a dopp would require the stars to align (triple-target on Shake) AND would mean that you are quick on your feet (parsing all the possibilities and coming up with the fake-claim 45 minutes after day opens). I think this somewhat clears you, but there could very well be a flaw I'm not seeing.

(And sorry if the above seems really obvious to some of you {I'm sure it does}, but I don't see a reason not to post it!)

and interesting case on UI. I'll have to hit up the tracker tonight and see what I can come up with.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2012, 06:40:45 pm »

Toaster:
That was a reference to old Paranormals where people kept asking Pandar if he was an exterminator in RVS until he finally ended up being one.  I (and others) have referenced it several times:
...Unvote.

Toony, who do you suspect?

Jim:
Man, you really wanted me dead. You know who else really wants me dead? The dopps. Coincidence?
He could have kept his entire case on you, just replacing "ext" with "dopp." What does the fact that he didn't do so tell you?

I know. And I'm wondering why he didn't. It might be because he would look stupid doing that. Or maybe it's some other reason.

But why are you interested in what I think of Bookthras based on what he did or didn't do? And while we're at it, what does this tell you about Bookthras?
It tells me he's focusing on the ext first.

I think you're tipping your hand here.

Don't you want to find the dopps as well? What's wrong with a Mr.Dwarfinton lynch? He's the clear lynch candidate for today but you want to extend to find the Exterminator.

Why do you want to find the Exterminator so much? Maybe it's because you're a dopp. Urist Imiknorris.
Perhaps you should think the scenario out before calling scum. The dopps are a secondary concern at the moment.

There are nine players alive. One is an exterminator, three are dopps, five are irrelevant at the moment (hereafter dubbed redshirts). If a dopp is lynched, there is the possibility of tomorrow starting with two dopps and an ext (lynching the ext causes 2-2 dopp win D4, lynching dopp causes either 1-1-1 "kingmaker" scenario, 2-1 LyLo, or town win [salvageable if the stars NKs align]). If a redshirt is lynched, there is the possibility of tomorrow being a 3-3 dopp win. Lynching the ext carries a worst-case scenario of LyLo tomorrow.

Basically, the ext making another kill carries the risk of causing a town loss.

PS: For not considering any of that, you're probably scum. Newbies have an excuse, but you should know better than to blithely assume any lynch is safe.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:58 am »

Dariush: It's a bandwagon because I think the guy's a dopp? With my vote it means an enchanter can't vote you or Toaster to save his buddy. It's obvious he's scum, so let's think about the advantages that he gets from that.
...Damn, that makes sense.

There are nine players alive. One is an exterminator, three are dopps, five are irrelevant at the moment (hereafter dubbed redshirts).
Oh really? And you know that how?

Hoo boy. Going by the same logic, you don't want to find the Exterminator, so you are one. Correct?
Did you... Did you just support the idea of Mr.D lynch in one paragraph and immediatly voted someone else, thus making it less likely? Oh what the fuck.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2012, 04:40:54 am »

There are nine players alive. One is an exterminator, three are dopps, five are irrelevant at the moment (hereafter dubbed redshirts).
Oh really? And you know that how?

Dear God, you are stupid.

That would be bad, but it was the discovery of three doppelganger pods in the basement that really sealed things. Three of your co-workers are already dead, and monsters have taken their place.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Mr. Dwarfinton
Mr. Dwarfinton: Dariush, Toaster, ToonyMan, blackmagechill
Urist Imiknorris: Jim Groovester

I just remembered that I'd changed the rules for Paranormal to be 72 hour days instead of 48. So the day end is being updated. Day now ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:32 am »

Hapah:
If he was guarding Shake, then that means you can't be the Exterminator (unless you get extra flavor? Unlikely). You could be a dopp fake-claiming the protect, but again, that would require the bodyguard, the exterminator, and the dopp NK to all target Shake. I find this unlikely. You're almost certainly not the exterminator (since claiming to be protected when someone else actually was would be a damn stupid thing to do), and fake-claiming the protect as a dopp would require the stars to align (triple-target on Shake) AND would mean that you are quick on your feet (parsing all the possibilities and coming up with the fake-claim 45 minutes after day opens). I think this somewhat clears you, but there could very well be a flaw I'm not seeing.
I don't follow your reasoning here. First, it's certain both kills were not targeted on Shakerag, since Dustylou2 was a heroic guard (protects against multiple kills), if they had, Shake would have survived. Second, Jim could have killed Shake, Dusty protected Jim, and the dopps target Jim with the results as posted, so it doesn't clear Jim of being the Ext.

Bodyguard killed while defending someone and wasn't just killed himself (flavor seems to read that way, but want to confirm)
As has been mentioned, it is not clear whether Dustylou2 was killed while protecting someone, or if he was killed when coming back home after his protection target was not attacked. Both are consistent with the flavour.

Jim claims he was protected. If he is telling the truth, then the dopps attacked him, Dustylou2 protected him, and it means Jim is not a dopp (but could be the Ext that killed Shake). Alternatively, the dopps purposefully killed Dustylou2 at home (after he protected someone else but wasn't triggered), and upon seeing the guardian flip, one of the dopps decided to fakeclaim the protect knowing it wouldn't be counterclaimed; this would mean Jim is a dopp.

From the two possibilities above, the first seems more likely to me. Jim is not a dopp (but can be the Ext).

Now, finding the Ext is important. If we don't then unless there is some dopps-Ext crossfire tonight, the town is doomed by tomorrow. So who is it?

My gut still points to Jim being the Ext:

I certainly want to find the dopps, but it's imperative we find the Ext at once, since with this two-kills-per-night setup, the town is likely screwed by tomorrow if we don't. You know this, yet you seem content with a Mr.D lynch. Why? Do you think Mr.D is a dopp, the Ext, or something else? Why are you accusing people who want to find the Ext? Why are you against an extension to look deeper? Why do you not want to find the Exterminator so much?

Other suspicions, in order: ToonyMan is mostly watching from the sidelines like he does when he's scum; BMC's arguments are pure scummy bullshit; Mr.D is flailing in a scummy fashion.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:15 am »

Toony, who do you suspect?
Besides Mr. Dwarf.

I think you're probably scum for pinning exty on everybody and Hapah is being too low-key.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »

@Bookthras: I added what I hadn't seen mentioned before. It's blatantly obvious that the guy is scum. I can see why what I said in response to Toaster's post looked scummy. But all he's concerned with is surviving, which is something a townie really shouldn't be all that concerned with. And, as for my dopp enchanter scenario, I'll just leave this quote:

Nice bandwagon there buddy. No, Im not giving up I was just saying that there was a high probability that I would be lynched. I didnt give up as a serial killer either, I stopped posting because I dug myself pretty deep and wanted to see what would happen if I watched for a bit. I was rather close to surviving until one extra vote screwed me.
Gee, would that be the vote that stopped him and the enchanter from lynching Dariush?

Mr.D: What did you mean by one extra vote? Not that this really needs to be asked, or will be answered.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2012, 12:33:48 pm »

Dariush:
Given you think Mr. D is scum, what does that say to you about BMC's alignment?
One of them is a dopp. The other one is either a dopp or the exty. Keeping in mind BMC's... less than satisfactory performance in earlier games, I wouldn't put it past him to bus his buddy so obviously.

Fair enough.

BMC:  Fair enough on Mr. D.  However...

Taken from what other people have said, I thought Toony's random, sometimes nonsensical voting was par for the course.

It was also a late post, and I read that exty comment that you made as some how refering to you knowing who the exty was and thought that "oh, i guess toaster's the exterminator" or something. I do this quite a bit, and I'm working on limiting my posts to before I get super tired.

You realize you just admitted you're going around taking the word of other people instead of doing your own work, right?  You do realize how that makes you look?

Urist I:  If Jim is

probably scum

...why aren't you voting him?  What level of surety are you looking for?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31