Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66097 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #360 on: August 09, 2012, 03:45:07 pm »

PFP

Toaster: Been patching together some stuff over the course of the day. Going out after work, but will post what I've got before I go so people can think about it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 09, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »

No polish, just a little quick formatting. Will answer questions after I get back in tonight.

PPE: Extend again. You know we’re going to need the time.

Spoiler: Wall-O-Text (click to show/hide)

Conclusion:

I believe the Dopp is either Toaster or Dar.
I believe the Ext could be any of Toaster/MrD/Tir, with the first two more likely (and potentially more dangerous) than the last.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 09, 2012, 09:30:52 pm »

Hapah:  Why vote me over any of the other choices?  That's an important bit of reasoning you left out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2012, 12:31:18 am »

Toaster: True enough!

Getting the vote down to you or MrD was easy: If Tir is the Ext, he shouldn't have any toys left, and is therefore (potentially, at least) a little less dangerous.

But between you and MrD? That's a little harder. The fact that you have a Mind Shield doesn't help your case any. It is definitely true that you could be a Spore Spreader that got it as a role attribute, but Ext's always get one shield (mind or tech) for free. MrD could be it, but it'd be rather gutsy of him to roleclaim D2 and neglect to mention that he was shielded.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2012, 12:38:32 am »

Getting the vote down to you or MrD was easy: If Tir is the Ext, he shouldn't have any toys left, and is therefore (potentially, at least) a little less dangerous.

But between you and MrD? That's a little harder. The fact that you have a Mind Shield doesn't help your case any. It is definitely true that you could be a Spore Spreader that got it as a role attribute, but Ext's always get one shield (mind or tech) for free. MrD could be it, but it'd be rather gutsy of him to roleclaim D2 and neglect to mention that he was shielded.

Inb4 my speculation post, which I can now post on this standard consistent net.

I don't get the above, it doesn't say anything in the role list that can fool a Telepath by giving the 'Find' result. The holograph-thing acts as a ward for watchers//trackers//killers.

If Toaster = Spore spreader: 1/2/2. He's the only one with a claimed mind shield. One that I proved...

Also...how can I be the ext?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 10, 2012, 12:46:47 am »

Extend, by the way. Just discovered that the day ends when I can't post (early morning).

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 10, 2012, 12:49:47 am »

Tir: I PM'd Meph to confirm, and an Advanced Holoform Modulator will indeed fool all detection based on the form chosen. So if you had one and picked Bodyguard, my Telepath investiation would turn up a Protect goal instead of whatever your real one is. There's a list of all the tech near the bottom of the first spoiler in the second post of the thread.

You could potentially be the Ext by taking starting tech of either Assassin Bot or the Advanced Holo and a Replicator, and then replicating whichever of the two you didn't have. It'd be ballsy as all hell, though: You would have had to (correctly) fakeclaim an invest on someone who has a mindshield. The odds are so slim and the play so reckless that I can't see it happening.

(But you're always scum arghleblargle)

PPE: Yay extend. I won't be around until Sunday for the weekend, but the Extend will carry us through Monday if it passes, yeah?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2012, 02:09:11 am »

Alright, finally got me a stable place for power! Woo!

Now, that speculation post.

Firstly, I don't think Dariush and Hapah are dopps. For the latter, his body double was killed along with BMC. If Dariush was a dopp, then either he pulled a Houdini (ie killed himself//his buddy if I got the usage wrong), and the exty killed either one of the targets that he didn't target.

BUT

The dopps have 1 NK, and BMC is a psychic warden. Dariush, I believe, won't put a role such as that to waste by a NK. If he did kill himself, then, as a dopp, it seems like a totally stupid and wasteful move. He'd be wasting an extra life!

Now, on Hapah. If he was a dopp along with BMC, I am wondering how I got roleblocked, and how a dopp got killed in addition to the other death last Night. Also, he doesn't look like he knows about the dopp kill at all (Dariush//BMC were targeted to be killed), meaning accidental stupidity (if not, I'm hitting you with Shakerag's Shovel). And, he investigated me correctly before I had claimed.

And for the finale. I believe Toaster is the final Exterminator and Mr.D is the dopp. He [Toast] is the only person with a mind shield, and if he was a true spore spreader, then we're set at 1/2/2...Humans at a disadvantage given this case (Unless I'm totally confused on the roles: As 1 Jester, 1 Dopp, 2 Humans, 1 SK and if this means a total loss).

I'll be the one to last-vote Toaster on the matter, if it relates to proving his identity and Hapah can investigate me to see for any changes if there are still doubts on my alignment. Or we can do it vice-versa.

Urist I:
Is getting killed by a deadman bomb, assassin bot or plasma bomb not more detrimental than getting blocked? Is a mind control ray also less worrisome? How do you view the mind shield's effect on telepaths?

Perhaps, but they're all also much less likely to happen.  I suppose the mind shield is general protection against more common effects, while the tech field is specific protection against more potent threats.  The telepath effect?  Not much to say about it- it's just like tech and snooper bots/tracking devices in how it prevents a flavor of inspection.

It's not like I'd pick either option as a scientist, anyway.

On Mr.D
I've re-read, and I'm curious as to why you won't roleblock anyone.
I am a Warden. On night one I chose to do nothing since it would alert my target and I didn't want to roleblock a person who was helping out the town and then be called scum for doing so. Do with that information what you will. I will also be requesting an extend so that we can actually try to find the dopps or the ext.

Im currently suspicious of BMC since it appears he has not been posting a lot and he jumped on my bandwagon with a flimsy reason. Do with my opinions what you will.
It would alert your target that there was a roleblocker targeting you, not giving off your name.

Then the bolded portion. Scumslip - town do not know others who are town, but scum do. Does roleblock & getting found out == scum, already? No.

The next underlined portion tells it all. 'Actually find the dopps//ext.'

On non-NK'ing, it seems to be the most unpractical idea from the viewpoint of now. We've had 2 deaths everynight. Now if there was an alien with assassin tech, then it would be used up already, and the consistency is invaluable evidence that there is an ext.

So, Toaster, Mr.D.

Toaster was the only one who claimed mind shield - a viable tactic if ext as a basic level cannot tell if hit by a telepath or not.

(But you're always scum arghleblargle)
I'm not, but I've only my word to prove it, currently.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:13 am »

FFS.

Meph, is it even possible for a dopp CES to target his own body double (even disregarding the fact that it makes no fucking sense to do so and the fact that my double is charred, not torn)?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2012, 03:04:58 am »

FFS.

Meph, is it even possible for a dopp CES to target his own body double (even disregarding the fact that it makes no fucking sense to do so and the fact that my double is charred, not torn)?
I did say it's a possibility, and that we're in a lab...experimental weaponry and all that jazz.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2012, 08:48:49 am »

Hapah:

If Tiruin is the exty, then him and Dariush are equally dangerous- neither would have any tricks left.

Tiruin:  You're making a lot of assumptions, and we're forgetting one relevant piece of flavor (that we've all missed, really.)

Like I said earlier, you could be lying about being roleblocked.  Your investigations haven't actually revealed any new knowledge- they just confirm things that have already been claimed.    Second, I'm the only person with a claimed mind shield or tech field.  Someone could be sitting on an unclaimed one.

Third, why do you think it's important to last-vote me?  Thinking about that deadman bomb you considered replicating?  For someone who's claimed lack of knowledge on a lot of alien tech, you suddenly remembered all about that one.

As a bonus, UI asked in RV about alien tech choices- especially tech field versus mind shield.  Looking for ideas, perhaps?

Finally, your case on Mr. D has a hole that we've been missing.  BMC was killed slumped in his chair with his blocking gear right there- indication that he was actually blocked.  That would pretty much Mr. D town, right there, given his claim is backed up.

Yeah, I do think you're the Exterminator.  It's an odd tech combo, but I find it too unlikely for it to be anyone else. 

And since none of you idiots can see that Dariush is obvdopp, let's lynch you first.  Tiruin.

Just to clean up one hole I see, Meph:  If someone with a regular mind shield and an advanced holoform mod set to a "Find" class role is telepathed, which takes precedence?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2012, 09:01:43 am »

The holo takes precedence.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2012, 09:07:57 am »

Finally, your case on Mr. D has a hole that we've been missing.  BMC was killed slumped in his chair with his blocking gear right there- indication that he was actually blocked.  That would pretty much Mr. D town, right there, given his claim is backed up.
Wrong. He could be blocking someone himself. This doesn't clean Mr.D in any way and your attempt to curry his favor is duly noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 10, 2012, 09:48:46 am »

Dariush:  My point was he died still sitting in his chair.  If he got blocked, he'd pass out right where he was and not move.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2012, 09:55:30 am »

Dariush:  My point was he died still sitting in his chair.  If he got blocked, he'd pass out right where he was and not move.
Inb4 long post:

How?

Blackmagechill, however, lost more than that. When he doesn’t show up you head off in search of him. He’s just in his room, slumped over in his chair. Well, his corpse is. He seems to have come down with a base case of plasma burns. The candle and chain in front of him indicates that he was part of the Psychic Warden program. The smooth features, claws, and hairless body indicate that he was also a Doppelganger.

You do know that a Psychic Warden has to...be immobile to do commit the Warden ritual of raising the chain and chanting syllables that is ominously boring, right?

Roleblock or not, I don't think Meph would make it that obvious by just stating such.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31