Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 62791 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Sign up now! [9/?]
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 10:38:37 am »

In.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Sign up now! [10/?]
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 05:41:11 am »

Why didn't I see this before?

IN

Also, welcome back Mr.D!  :D

EBWOP:

Probably Out, unfortunately. Unless excessive lurking is tolerable (I take time for analysis), I wouldn't want to strain my workload more, due to RL.

:'(

@ Shall enter Replacement Queue.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 01:37:23 pm »

Next time, Tiruin!

I'll probably leave signups open another 24 hours or so.  I'll then roll up alignments and send out starter info.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:53 pm »

In.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 02:58:15 pm »

Last chance to join up- closing it in 6 hours or so.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 08:16:24 pm »

I've got too many things going on at the moment to be sure that I'll be able to participate in a game at the beginning, but I should be able to replace later on if necessary.

@ Shall enter Replacement Queue.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 09:30:26 pm »

Sorry to hear that, but it's nice to have replacements available.

And with that, signups are closed!  I'll have your alignment out shortly for you to choose a class by.  Do remember that I've added a class for this go-around.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 02:39:39 pm »

Many years ago, a sadistic cult infiltrated the city of Tonfall.  The Guise of the Keeper, they called themselves, serving the Keeper- their dark god of torment.  As they tightened their grip on the city they inhabited, they began kidnapping young women as sacrifices.  When the Captain of the Guard’s daughter was taken, a crackdown was conducted, killing or driving off the majority of the cult and hanging all the leaders in the town square.  Everyone thought the matter was settled.

A few days ago, another woman was taken from her bedroom, with the sign of the cult painted on the wall.  The cultist was found- it appeared he had acted alone- but signs were found.  Signs that there was a powerful artifact left in a catacomb below the city.  A crown, said to be blessed by the Keeper himself.  Though the artifact grants the user great power, his voice whispering in the bearer’s mind will shortly drive him to kill in the name of the cult.  The Captain of the Guard, fearing a repeat of the deaths, has comissioned a group of ten adventurers- you included- to travel into the catacombs in search of the artifact so it can be safely disposed of by the Mage Guild.  A guide was provided to ensure you were able to find your way out of the catacombs; the city is quite old and the catacombs quite expansive.

After a two-day search, the group has located the artifact.  The guide took it and locked it safely away in a crate he had brought.  Two steps later, there was a blinding magical flash, a cry, and a thud.  When your eyes had recovered, the guide was dead and the crate was gone.

A heated argument broke out which nearly came to blows several times.  One thing is clear- you are all not safe.  Until you can figure out who is responsible, no one is leaving the catacombs.

Day 1 has begun!

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 7/24 at 11 PM EST.

There are six items in the Public Pool.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:14:36 pm by Toaster »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 03:32:16 pm »

IronyOwl: Glad to see you in a game. Please tell us of your experience in previous Roguelike games, your strategies for finding scum in them, and if you had both a scroll of protection and a scroll of death, which one would you use tonight and why?

Blackmage: If you encountered Excalibur (which allows you to be king for a day or use an inspection during the night), would you become king? When and why?

NativeForeigner: Say you found the Amulet of Yendor (allowing you to win if you were alive at the end of the game regardless of team wincon), how would that change your day game strategy?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »

Bookthras: If you were scum who would you eliminate? If you could protect a person from being eliminated who would you pick?

Hapah: If you obtained a Wand of Safe Travels what would your reasons be for targeting a person with it?

Dariush: If you obtained the Legacy Weapon would you ever use it if so why?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 07:09:43 pm »

Hapah: Who are you most afraid of in this game and why?

BMC: What will your strategy be for winning this game?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 10:11:41 pm »

Bookthras:
IronyOwl: Glad to see you in a game. Please tell us of your experience in previous Roguelike games, your strategies for finding scum in them, and if you had both a scroll of protection and a scroll of death, which one would you use tonight and why?
I was a merchant. Then I got stabbed.

Truth be told I don't really remember much of it other than that. I seem to recall the late-game night action claiming being a lot more significant and convoluted, but I don't remember if they actually managed to find scum with it or not.

As for protection or death, I'd go with death. Odds of me protecting the NK target aren't that great, whereas odds of me murdering someone who's detrimental to the game are pretty good.

Dariush: When do you feel it's acceptable to lie about your night actions? What about class? Current items?

Scelly9: Say you find out someone's a Warrior. What would you say the odds are that they're scum? What about Ranger? Paladin?

Native: D2, someone asks you to claim your actions, class, and current items, but won't say why. What do you think of that?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 12:48:42 am »

Scelley: Would you rather have the ?oEnchant Weapon or ?oCurse Weapon and why?

Mr. D: Suppose you had a ?oIll Will. How would you decide who to use it on?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 03:23:57 am »

NativeForeigner: Say you found the Amulet of Yendor (allowing you to win if you were alive at the end of the game regardless of team wincon), how would that change your day game strategy?

It would depend on my alignment. As town, if the game was starting to look sour, I would play with more of a survivor mindset (ease back on the hunting and become slightly passive) and if the situation was looking pleasant, my gameplay wouldn't change much at all. If I were scum, my gameplay wouldn't change at all because I'm pretty sure it still has to be a scum victory in order for me to win because my death would still be a part of town's victory even with the amulet.

Native: D2, someone asks you to claim your actions, class, and current items, but won't say why. What do you think of that?

I would be pretty suspicious of it. I would hold off on claiming any actions and my current items but I might give them my class depending on how it's asked. But such blatant rolefishing on D2 would cause red flags to go up. Not enough for me to call them scum outright, but enough for me to start drilling them with a few questions and start looking more closely at their gameplay.

Mr. Dwarfington: Say, as a townie, you stumbled across the One Ring (can only be given to a townie when first generated, makes you untargetable and unkillable when activated but has a 50/50 chance of telling everyone that you have it and deactivating. Non-town players get a kill and additional vote. Townies can freely give the One Ring to other players). How would you use the ring? When/if everyone finds out you have the ring, would you give it away? If so how would you figure out who to give it to?

Urist Imiknorris: Say someone gave you the One Ring and you're hostile non-town. What would you do if someone asked you to prove your townhood my proving that you don't have a double vote (which you would)? If you found a way to explain that away, how would you handle being asked to give the ring away? If you obtained the ring some other way (meaning that the previous owner can't confirm that you have the ring) would you risk using the ring and revealing you have it (thereby opening yourself up to the above questions) or do something else with it?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 04:57:00 am »

Dariush: If you obtained the Legacy Weapon would you ever use it if so why?
At LYLO, if I'm convinced that the person being lynched is town, to kill someone I'm convinced is scum.

Dariush: When do you feel it's acceptable to lie about your night actions? What about class? Current items?
On all three points: if the liar has some plan which he greatly doesn't want to share with the others. That is, if we're speaking about a townie. Otherwise whenever it helps him not get his ass figured out.

Scelly, if you were town, whom would you most like on the town side?

Hapah, who, do you think, would be most detrimental to town if he were town?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18